NFL owner on Kraft-Goodell relationship: “Pretty much dead”

32EBoozer

any other team this punishment would make them go out of their way to play it straight at least for a couple years but we all know bellichik doesn't care and if anything he is going to increase the cheating. They can't win without it and to belly it is worth it.

Bullsh*t. I dont buy it.  He went soft on them.  He should have suspended BB and Kraft.  He didnt.   He could have dropped the hammer ala Bountygate but nope, he went soft.  Why?  Because he's bed buddies with Kraft.  And it just so happens that he comes back for the Colts game?  Please.  This was all calculated step for step with Kraft. 

Robert Kraft is a childish, entitled prick. 

Hey Bobby, and a note to all Pats fans crying "victim" today - not getting your way one time is pretty ******* far from being persecuted you perspective lacking morons. 

I'm just shocked a rule change hasnt come from this mess.  Just like every other time they get away with cheating or some stupid sh*t. 

The league adjusts to the Pats.  Shocked they're not right now.  

Meh. Goodell sucks, but that doesn't mean I want him replaced with Kraft's new choice for commissioner. I actually think he strengthened his position with the other owners by not going too soft on the Pats, though. He's not going anywhere.

Bingo. The Devil you know....................... applies in this case IMHO, especially now!!!!!!!!!!

Plus, hell w/Kraft. Rumor I heard was virtually all owners contacted Commish saying Colts right and we know Pats been cheating for years, "Go Get them"

I dont see the other owners allowing Kraft to pull a coup and ouster Commish.

What a charade. The pats save a net of $600,000 and keep their star qb healthy for the last 3/4 of the season. The draft picks are the biggest punishment but considering their track record in the draft recently it's not a huge loss.

I've been saying this for a while now. Draft pick is just one less potential bust under "The (Cheating) Genius". But you never know though. We've had some sh*tty first rounders too lately.

What a charade. The pats save a net of $600,000 and keep their star qb healthy for the last 3/4 of the season. The draft picks are the biggest punishment but considering their track record in the draft recently it's not a huge loss.

Losing a first round pick hurts.  Once Belichick learned in Cleveland that you don't waste top-10 picks on fullbacks, he actually became an excellent drafter in the first round, especially considering how late in the round the team usually picks.  By my count, 9 of the 13 Patriots first round picks under Belichick's watch have been at least above-average starters, 3 have had their moments (Graham, Meriweather and Maroney) but were not worth first round picks, and one (Easley) the jury is still out on.  That's a pretty good success rate. 

Bullsh*t. I dont buy it. He went soft on them. He should have suspended BB and Kraft. He didnt. He could have dropped the hammer ala Bountygate but nope, he went soft. Why? Because he's bed buddies with Kraft. And it just so happens that he comes back for the Colts game? Please. This was all calculated step for step with Kraft.

I'm kind of surprised Belichick didn't get a suspension since "ignorance is not an excuse". They did end up losing a 1st and 4th round pick, so I guess that was the organizations/Belichicks pinishment, as well as the $1mil team fine.

I think losing Belichick for a season is a harsher punishment then losing a 1st and 4th, especially when Brady is at the end of his career. A season without Belichick is essentially a wasted season, where as losing a 1st is an unknown quantity and wouldn't have as big an effect on a season as their HC.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/12/nfl-owner-on-kraft-goodell-relationship-pretty-much-dead/

NFL owner on Kraft-Goodell relationship: “Pretty much dead”

Posted by Darin Gantt on May 12, 2015, 7:29 AM EDT

Roger Goodell, Robert Kraft

AP

Robert Kraft has supported Roger Goodell in the past.

But with Goodell’s serious punishment of Kraft’s team, and Kraft’s staunch rebuttal last night, it seems they might not be as close as they once were.

In fact, they may not be close at all.

One unnamed owner (who has now forfeited the right to complain about leaks in his own building), told Mike Freeman of Bleacher Report the relationship between the commissioner and the Patriots owner was “pretty much dead.”

“The main thing [NFL executive vice president Troy Vincent] said is true,” the owner said. “We need to make sure everyone is following the rules. All of us. I think Roger made the right decision and my guess is the rest of the owners agree.”

That doesn’t mean they’re not a little anxious about how this impacts business between Goodell and a man previously identified as one of his biggest supporters.

“Some of us [owners] are waiting a little nervously to see what Robert does next, . . .” he said. “It’s positive that we sent a message that cheating will not be tolerated.

“I do think teams are looking around and saying, ‘What does this all mean?’ Teams are figuring it all out. But I think the bottom line is, don’t cheat, and you don’t have to worry about getting punished.”

That kind of moral certitude is probably popular (or at least easy to sell) in 31 other front offices at the moment, but belies a complicated truth, and a working relationship that might have just been strained beyond the point of repair.

Hope this is true. One of the biggest conflicts of interest may finally be over. Goodell may have decided having 31 friends beats having 1 friend.

Bullsh*t. I dont buy it.  He went soft on them.  He should have suspended BB and Kraft.  He didnt.   He could have dropped the hammer ala Bountygate but nope, he went soft.  Why?  Because he's bed buddies with Kraft.  And it just so happens that he comes back for the Colts game?  Please.  This was all calculated step for step with Kraft. 

Right. I think a lot of folks would say winning a SB is worth losing your best player for a quarter of the following season.

I'm just shocked a rule change hasnt come from this mess.  Just like every other time they get away with cheating or some stupid sh*t. 

The league adjusts to the Pats.  Shocked they're not right now.  

Absolutely surprising. According to the Wells report the only reason the equipment guy had to bring the balls to the bathroom to deflate them was because the sitting room in the referee's locker room was too crowded due to the AFC champ game to do the job in there, which was probably the usual place he did it. Incredibly, he was usually left alone in there while the refs left to do their pre-game required activities after testing the balls.

At the very least there needs to be a chain of custody requirement added to the rule that forbids anyone from being alone with those balls after testing except for officials.

Absolutely surprising. According to the Wells report the only reason the equipment guy had to bring the balls to the bathroom to deflate them was because the sitting room in the referee's locker room was too crowded due to the AFC champ game to do the job in there, which was probably the usual place he did it. Incredibly, he was usually left alone in there while the refs left to do their pre-game required activities after testing the balls.

At the very least there needs to be a chain of custody requirement added to the rule that forbids anyone from being alone with those balls after testing except for officials.

NFL will now have NFL employees have ball custody is my guess

Also, they could just randomly test a few balls from each team at halftime.

Then systematic cheating would get caught, plus you'd have the added benefit of finding any balls that were actually just naturally defective.

Also, they could just randomly test a few balls from each team at halftime.

Then systematic cheating would get caught, plus you'd have the added benefit of finding any balls that were actually just naturally defective.

I think w/severity caused , NFL wont have   a issue and will pay for 2 additional travelling employees per game to be in charge of Game Balls from preGame thru end of game.

Only issue then would be someone paying one of them off, but that can happen for every NFL official on field.

Belly knew. Thast why Brady didnt turn his phone over. Implicate Belly. Thats why Belly sdo mad at Ridley, aka, "How can u freakin fumble with a deflated ball for gods sake?"

i doubt Belly was texting about this...  he probably knew it and that was that.  why would he specifically care about the details.

i doubt Belly was texting about this...  he probably knew it and that was that.  why would he specifically care about the details.

Brady protecting someone..could have been a player of position coach,,but someone.. he was already toast 2/other 2 Pats assistants turning phones over.

Just shows how arrogant and self-absorbed Kraft* is.  Goodell saved him 600K with the different between the fine and Brady's suspension, and only made him lose his QB for four games, which is an absolute joke of a punishment for someone who blatantly cheated and then ordered and participated in a coverup.

I would say that Kraft should be ashamed of himself, but I seriously doubt that someone as narcissistic as him is capable of such an emotion.

Folks, Robert Kraft drew up that punishment himself. He's not mad. If anything he's closer with his piss boy Goodell.

He told Rodger:

I am only giving up Brady for 2 games, so suspend him for 4 and we will appeal.

I will save about $900,000 by not paying Brady for 2 games so fine me $1,000,000

We know who we want to draft this year and our board is set, so hold the "investigation" off until 3 days after the draft ends so I won't lose our 1st rounder in 2015.

And make sure my coach receives absolutely zero consequences. Even though you ass raped Payton in New Orleans.

Let's make sure we tell the press how upset I am and how we hate each other. That will seal the deal.

And that's exactly what happened!

Ted Wells complained about how this organization didn't cooperate and how the ball boys weren't made available for follow up interviews. SO WHY DID IT TAKE OVER 100 DAYS TO RELEASE this report ?? All that time to check some god damn text messages and say "we think they did it on purpose"????

At this point the WWE is more legitimate than this league.

In any other league, or if any other NFL team was caught cheating during a post season run the guilty team would be forced to vacate their title and involved parties banned. Imagine if this was the Jets for a second. Any chance we get this treatment?

Brady should be the Pete Rose of the NFL.

Instead he will be a first ballot HOF'er. Ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with you 100%.  If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck....

The real mystery is... how did you type all that from your phone?

they need a patriot monitor.  they need a czar to have about 12 people working for him to keep these assholes in line.  just like NASCAR inspects every winning car, after every pats* win;

balls are confiscated for testing

QB helmet confiscated for testing

Camera's confiscated for examination of footage

they need a patriot monitor.  they need a czar to have about 12 people working for him to keep these assholes in line.  just like NASCAR inspects every winning car, after every pats* win;

balls are confiscated for testing

QB helmet confiscated for testing

Camera's confiscated for examination of footage

Don't forget NSA Real Time Satellite Imaging Records!

If the thread posted today about Kraft possibly suing the NFL is true, Kraft will be taking on Goodell who has the support of the other 31 owners.

I could see Kraft losing ALL influence on committees and any and all rule changes with the competition committee!

This just keeps getting better and better!!

The longer and louder this gets on the front pages of the news, the more it denigrates the reputation of the Pats, Brady and Bellicheat

and draws more scrutiny to their past cheating transgressions.

"ASTERICKS" all around, please!!  *************

Archived