Sheldon Richardson Suspended

Maxman

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol. I like how the NFL released all these info about suspensions during the absolute dead period of NFL reporting, while the NBA and NHL free agencies were gaining main stream attention.  

How dumb do you have to be to do this?  You have a 15 year window to make millions upon millions in your career, and you literally blow it up on smoke.  Now he's still going to be fine and still a millionaire, but this effects his future earnings and this upcoming season.   

He's going to miss 4 weeks, and as we saw with the Revis holdout and Josh Gordon last year, these players come back rusty and not in game shape, so this effects us more than 4 games.  This is as "good injury" for Williams as was Sanchez's injury "good" for Geno.  Now we're all but forced to start Williams, instead of getting him acclimated slowly, and having him prepare for multiple roles, he'll be forced to play in Sheldon's place and then jerked around mid season.  

On the bright side, this should lower the money needed to resign Sheldon, since the risk of impending suspensions could be enough to lower his market value in the future.   The players usually get to know well beforehand of a positive test result, so I'm guessing this was the reason he wasn't at OTAs.  

Meanwhile Brady cheats his way to a SuperBowl win and gets the same 4 games (for now). The NFL is a joke. 

This is the only reason why I am so ticked off about this whole situation.    I agree,  if it violates the rules there should be a penalty.  But,  to give the same penalty as for Brady and deflate gate?  Give me a break.  When is the NFL going to fire Goodell?

Is that actually a word?

Yes. Double contractions, though not common in written form, are very common in spoken form. With this not being a literary site, I feel comfortable typing the way I speak. I understand if you'd've done it differently.

Yes. Double contractions, though not common in written form, are very common in spoken form. With this not being a literary site, I feel comfortable typing the way I speak. I understand if you'd've done it differently.

Ahhhh!! I'uh'seen'what'you'a'done'there!

Hey! I'm'a'natural'at'dis.

Not sure if this was discussed in here yet but:

Jimmy /J.I./ Halsell
‏@SalaryCap101
#Jets Sheldon Richardson's suspension voids 3.095M in remaining guarantees.

Stupid idiot just lost himself over 3million.  Nice job $heldon

A dime bag cost a moron over $3 million. And he was caught 4 times by a testing system the NFL designs to give players a chance to clean up in plenty of time. The guy is too stupid for words. 

A dime bag cost a moron over $3 million. And he was caught 4 times by a testing system the NFL designs to give players a chance to clean up in plenty of time. The guy is too stupid for words.

His contract is essentially guaranteed anyways. He didn't lose much. I mean he lost about $650k, which by no means is small, but much smaller than the $3mil being thrown around.

I get that he's an idiot for getting caught, but at what point does the NFL wake up and stop testing players for weed? It's harmless and basically legal at this point. They are just shooting themselves in the foot here

This is my point and I agree 100%

Marijuana is not a drug. I used to suck dick for coke.

Way too much info - let me guess you smoked pot before you sucked. Richardson has a dependency problem. Not really that complicated. Wishing it away that it is not a drug is absurd. You toke you get high because it binds to the brain cells. Pretty simple really.

Way too much info - let me guess you smoked pot before you sucked. Richardson has a dependency problem. Not really that complicated. Wishing it away that it is not a drug is absurd. You toke you get high because it binds to the brain cells. Pretty simple really.

Booze is worse times a thousand.

I hate that it's illegal at all. But That's not the issue for me. Marijauna is so easy to NOT use. It's just so dumb.

Booze is worse times a thousand.

I hate that it's illegal at all. But That's not the issue for me. Marijauna is so easy to NOT use. It'd just so dumb.

Bullsh*t. I challenge you to a shot of whiskey vs a joint a night. Pot immediately gets you stoned binds to the frontal lobe cells and changes the neuron metabolism. Not even close but you keep rationalizing.

Ha ha! When I said we should trade this loser a few weeks ago I was crucified. I TOLD YOU SO!

He had huge trade value right after we drafted Williams. Now it's starting to plummet. A substance abuse ego maniac.

Love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You do not trade Sheldon Richardson. I don't give a ****.

Ummm I'm not being mean or judgmental but this is to much information.

You ever suck some dick for marijuana?

Bullsh*t. I challenge you to a shot of whiskey vs a joint a night. Pot immediately gets you stoned binds to the frontal lobe cells and changes the neuron metabolism. Not even close but you keep rationalizing.

I work in the bar business. I know all about all of it. You're comparison is weak. A shot of whiskey vs a couple bowl hit is more accurate. All I DO know is that very few call out of work from a night of bong hits. Whiskey? Yeah, just a bit more.

You ever suck some dick for marijuana?

No but I don't know too many people who drank and then moved on to coke and sucked dick. But plenty of examples where Marijuana just wasn't enough and needed something better like coke and I guess a little dick.

No but I don't know too many people who drank and then moved on to coke and sucked dick. But plenty of examples where Marijuana just wasn't enough and needed something better like coke and I guess a little dick.

Let me guess, you think gateway drugs are a real thing.

I work in the bar business. I know all about all of it. You're comparison is weak. A shot of whiskey vs a couple bowl hit is more accurate. All I DO know is that very few call out of work from a night of bong hits. Whiskey? Yeah, just a bit more.

Really don't know too many people who call out after a shot of whiskey. This is your evidence that Marijuana smokers don't call out of work? Pot heads lose ambition that is a fact - maybe they don't call out of work because they can sit there inspecting their navels on stagnant jobs. Don't try to rationalize habitual pot smokers. It kills the soul - I have had too many friends smoke this sh*t on a regular basis to know they lose their drive and ruin their potential. Function sure but not at their potential. Alcohol is detrimental when you are an alcoholic - Marijauna is insidious and and slowly suffocates the daily 'casual' user.

Really don't know too many people who call out after a shot of whiskey. This is your evidence that Marijuana smokers don't call out of work? Pot heads lose ambition that is a fact - maybe they don't call out of work because they can sit there inspecting their navels on stagnant jobs. Don't try to rationalize habitual pot smokers. It kills the soul - I have had too many friends smoke this sh*t on a regular basis to know they lose their drive and ruin their potential. Function sure but not at their potential. Alcohol is detrimental when you are an alcoholic - Marijauna is insidious and and slowly suffocates the daily 'casual' user.

Alright, clearly you have an agenda or some anecdotes about this. You're wrong, but that's OK too.

You'd probably also be shocked at how many regular pot smokers there are. Business owners, musicians, charity workers, people who employ and help others all smoke weed. You're going to tell me Tom Petty's soul is suffocated? Take it down a notch.

Alright, clearly you have an agenda or some anecdotes about this. You're wrong, but that's OK too.

Yeah you proved me wrong. Just wait until marijuana becomes more prevalent and casual - my prediction is that states like Colorado will overturn the legalization of marijuana but I'm afraid it won't happen because they won't give a sh*t. It's nice to see you don't have an agenda.

Wow sooo many people need to themselves a favor and go watch Half Baked.  I'm pretty sure his comment is a quote from the great Bob Sagat.

You'd probably also be shocked at how many regular pot smokers there are. Business owners, musicians, charity workers, people who employ and help others all smoke weed. You're going to tell me Tom Petty's soul is suffocated? Take it down a notch.

You be pretty shocked who drink booze and thrive. Tom Petty could have been an opera singer not the one octave drone that he is if he didn't smoke pot ( that was a joke)

I have to say you could replace the word marijuana with alcohol and it would be the same thing.  People that are susceptible to addiction in general are the ones that ruin their potential.  Unless their addiction is their career, then they usually ruin their families trying to reach their potential.

Very disappointed with Sheldon when you consider how merciful & redemptive the Substance Abuse policy is in the NFL. The fact that it's a 4th infraction that has already hit his pocket and he still has not learned is a bad indicator, but his talented motor will trump all decisions in the end. A caller to the Don LaGreca show this afternoon on NY ESPN radio stated it perfectly:

THERE'S ALWAYS SOMETHING in the off season that makes you say as a fan - "what have my Jets done now?"

Next man up, and the Williams pick is all the more validated because you never have enough depth in today's NFL.

this also creates a SIGNIFICANT bargaining chip on Sheldon's extension talks with a 1yr suspension looming.

Bowles has done A LOT more with significantly less before, our defense will be fine.

Yeah you proved me wrong. Just wait until marijuana becomes more prevalent and casual - my prediction is that states like Colorado will overturn the legalization of marijuana but I'm afraid it won't happen because they won't give a sh*t. It's nice to see you don't have an agenda.

Yes I get it. You do not believe in personal freedom. How dare those people smoke a plant that grows out of the ground.

BTW, America is #3 in population, but #1 in incarceration. But the biggest and saddest fact is that we are 600 million behind #2 in population. We should be embarrassed. I know I am. And before you get all high and mighty (too late) my father was a cop for 21 years. I know what I'm talking about.

Archived