Sheldon Richardson Suspended

Maxman

He set up the foundation for this guy and a lot of other guys new to the league. Most of these guys need a steady hand, a kick in the ass and be told that you CAN be great but you have to work and produce over time. They you will be great and rich.

With Rex he is so caught up in pumping up his guys he does it the day a guy gets drafted (see Pryor). I'm sure Rex 'never saw this coming' as well.

In any case Richardson deserves every bit of grief he will get out of this,,,,,,what a bone head.

And a hard ass like Parcells had a crackhead LT on his roster. Who he let get away with that and more all the time. Bellichick also has had a nice run of suspensions and even murderers on his roster.

Sometimes we need to blame the players not their babysitters

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as I'm upset about this, this is a position that is the strongest on the team and has the greatest depth. This line should not miss much of a step while Richardson is suspended.

As far as Sheldon goes. I'd rather it be pot then roids. Hopefully he learns from this mistake and it doesn't happen again.

Learns from it? He's been caught 4 times and fine 6 total game checks. Yea he's learning alright!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would make him look like a fink. He's not going to do it.

All the player, his agent, and his family care about is the Benjamin's. You think Revis cared what anyone thought. The team had him by the balls, and now the situation is reversed . Muhammad Wilkerson would be a moron if he didn't use this situation to his advantage. The Jets have to get a deal done with Wilkerson. (What choice do they have)

Learns from it? He's been caught 4 times and fine 6 total game checks. Yea he's learning alright!

First time he's been suspended however and now it's public knowledge. All I'm saying is hopefully it doesn't happen again.

All the player, his agent, and his family care about is the Benjamin's. You think Revis cared what anyone thought. The team had him by the balls, and now the situation is reversed . Muhammad Wilkerson would be a moron if he didn't use this situation to his advantage. The Jets have to get a deal done with Wilkerson. (What choice do they have)

After PUBLICLY saying that he wasn't going to do it, he's not going to do it. If he hadn't said it publicly then he might do it. 

And why is the situation reversed. What leverage does Wilkerson have now? That Richardson is a loose cannon? They have Leonard Williams. In fact, this should help Wilkerson get a great deal next year because the Jets might decide to trade Sheldon Richardson and give his money to Wilkerson.

After PUBLICLY saying that he wasn't going to do it, he's not going to do it. If he hadn't said it publicly then he might do it. 

And why is the situation reversed. What leverage does Wilkerson have now?

Mo Wilk is worth so much more now. 

I was thinking about Rex and his club rex influence to be honest.  I feel that will be the long term theme of the thread.

Hey while you are at it when Shaun Ellis got busted for Pot in 2008,Plax shot himself in the leg and Kareem McKensie got a DUI can we blame that on Rex as well?? :animal0029:

Hey while you are at it when Shaun Ellis got busted for Pot in 2008,Plax shot himself in the leg and Kareem McKensie got a DUI can we blame that on Rex as well?? :animal0029:

It was all divinely scryed by Rex.  C'mon man you should know that!

Don't forget the time Chrebet and Jumbo Elliott got busted for public intoxication while urinating outside a bar.  Rex was in the NFL at that time, was he not?

'Nuff said.

If Williams plays well this year they should give strong consideration to signing Mo and trading Sheldon next off season.  There's no way you're going to be able to pay them all in a few years and it's better than watching him walk and getting nothing.  Sheldon has given every indication he's going to be a giant pain in the ass when it's time to negotiate.

Nope I just blame the things he seems to have control over and contribute to.  Lax attitude with discipline, over pumping up players before they really have achieved anything.  The day you meet rex ryan as a player is the day you realize you are the best.....even if it over the phone after being drafted 2 minutes before.

If you don't think college guys are influenced by that kind of thing you are kidding yourself.  We'll see it in Buffalo soon enough.

If Williams plays well this year they should give strong consideration to signing Mo and trading Sheldon next off season.  There's no way you're going to be able to pay them all in a few years and it's better than watching him walk and getting nothing.  Sheldon has given every indication he's going to be a giant pain in the ass when it's time to negotiate.

That's why Wilkerson still has no leverage.

And why is the situation reversed. What leverage does Wilkerson have now? That Richardson is a loose cannon? They have Leonard Williams. In fact, this should help Wilkerson get a great deal next year because the Jets might decide to trade Sheldon Richardson and give his money to Wilkerson.

With Sheldon Richardson out for the first four games, you're telling me the Jets don't need M Wilkerson in the lineup. Please Tell me what the Jets Dline would be without him. M Wikerson now has the Jets by the balls.

With Sheldon Richardson out for the first four games, you're telling me the Jets don't need M Wilkerson in the lineup. Please Tell me what the Jets Dline would be without him. M Wikerson now has the Jets by the balls.

They do need him, And they will have him in the lineup for those games. So the Jets have no pressure on them.

He has already said PUBLICLY that he isn't going to hold out. Revis never said that.

You must not observe the Jets too often.  Anyone that knows Wilkerson knows he isn't anywhere in the same ballpark as Revis.  The guy doesn't like confrontation with contract talks.  He has already said he won't hold out, its not in his DNA to hold out.  Wilkerson is still a team first guy (as much as a businessman can be in the NFL anyway)

edit: as I write this watch him holdout lol

You must not observe the Jets too often.  Anyone that knows Wilkerson knows he isn't anywhere in the same ballpark as Revis.  The guy doesn't like confrontation with contract talks.  He has already said he won't hold out, its not in his DNA to hold out.  Wilkerson is still a team first guy (as much as a businessman can be in the NFL anyway)

Exactly. Wilkerson will now see the chance that Richardson might be jettisoned and all of Richardson's money will be coming to him

All of a sudden this makes the teams possible decision between Sheldon or Mo interesting.  The CBA absurdity regarding marijuana testing might not change until 2020 when it expires, so Sheldon is a threat for a major suspension now.  Might be a blessing in disguise if Leonard Williams can be a beast from day 1.

If Goodell is smart he'll agree to amend the CBA before then and stop marijuana testing.  More than half the league seems to do it, why fight it?

Archived