Amaro to IR...done for the season

AFJF

Your forgot Shaq Evans who is probably PS bound.

And Bonannon is more valuable to this team than any of our TEs (which, I know, doesn't say a lot.

Yay!  So he nailed a 7th round pick on a FB and maybe brought us 3 total serviceable back-end of the roster guys, 1 or 2 at WR and one at LB. 

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Inflammation can often obscure the readings on an MRI, making the film inconclusive until a week or so after. 

Yup.  I mean, the silver lining here is that these moves get us down to 75 without having to make tough cuts and I don't know about anyone else here, but I want to see a little more of Wes Saxton.  I loved that UDFA pick.  He's also had a pretty good camp.

That is unfortunate.  I am not going to blame idzik for this one.  I was not aware of an injury history with Amaro in College.  If there was one, like with Millner, and McDougle then I may need to revisit  that position.

Are you freaking kidding me?  Just read his Wikipedia page.  lol.

Sophomore season:

During the West Virginia game, Amaro received an injury that sidelined him for the rest of the season after receiving a hard hit to his midsection jumping for a ball. He briefly returned to the game and made 2 receptions after halftime before being unable to continue. The injury was later revealed to be a Grade III (I-V) spleen laceration and a fractured rib. The injury caused internal bleeding, requiring hospitalization and 6.5 units of blood.[7] Amaro was bedridden for three weeks.[2]

Junior season:

In the following games against Kansas State and Baylor, Amaro received significant injuries. A hit during the Kansas State game forced him to be carted off the field, before later returning briefly. In the subsequent game against Baylor, Amaro received a high hit to the shoulder from safety Ahmad Dixon. The hit required Amaro to again return to the locker room with an injury.[14]

Yup.  I mean, the silver lining here is that these moves get us down to 75 without having to make tough cuts and I don't know about anyone else here, but I want to see a little more of Wes Saxton.  I loved that UDFA pick. He's also had a pretty good camp.

Oh, yeah. I forgot about Saxton. He's at least better than Kellen "Mulligan" Davis.

We really should have signed a tight end in the offseason.  All that cap room and Julius Thomas, Charles Clay, Scott Chandler and Anthony Fasano all were available.

Clay would have been nice.  Not sure about the rest.  I think Chandler has a nice year in New England while defenses blanket Gronk.  But here he'd be a JAG.  Julius will disappear in Jacksonville.  The money would not have been right with Julius for sure. 

Some of the things that have happened to our picks were bad luck for sure.  But the trends that have become very noticeable with Idzik's picks, which were concerns at the time and now make him look like a f*cking moron, center on the inability to avoid guys with bad injury histories and also an inability to stick to the "BPA" model he pushed so hard.  All of those WR choices were reach picks.  All of them.

go 4 and 5 wide with receivers and a singleback

Yep.  Few OC's out there tend to use less 2-TE sets and more 4WR sets than Chan Gailey.  Ideally all we'll need our TE for is to block, and we'll let our WR depth take care of the rest. 

Hopefully this also mean the quick death of the H-Back in our playbook.  Seemed kind of worthless to me.

Are you freaking kidding me?  Just read his Wikipedia page.  lol.

Sophomore season:

Junior season:

Ok as I said if it were the case I would have to revisit my position.  I guess idzik was trying to get what he thought was value i.e. good players that have history of injuries.  Bad moves.... I was wrong... You got it....

Some of the things that have happened to our picks were bad luck for sure.  But the trends that have become very noticeable with Idzik's picks, which were concerns at the time and now make him look like a f*cking moron, center on the inability to avoid guys with bad injury histories and also an inability to stick to the "BPA" model he pushed so hard.  All of those WR choices were reach picks.  All of them.

Eh.  I didn't mind the Amaro pick.  However, I personally would have taken Allen Robinson or Davante Adams.  Idzik managed to f*ck up the best Wide Receiver draft in years.  Absolute incredible f*ck up.  Thanks Korn Ferry!

Wtf was Mac thinking?  $45 mil in cap room and quality TE's galore available in FA and we bring back Friggin' Cumberland?

TE just isn't that super important in Chan's system.  The same Scott Chandler you wanted the Jets to sign only became a commodity in the first place BECAUSE of Chan.  We'll be fine.

Archived