If You Wondered HOW Matt Flynn Could Afford...

SoFlaJets

To cool off and relax while drinking the tastiest looking Bloody Mary in the history of tasty Bloody Marys well....consider this;

Over the past 3.5 years, Matt Flynn has been on 6 NFL teams, started 5 games, played 498 snaps… and made $15.59M. That's $31,305 per play.

I tried to teach my son to throw a football. Kid has the height, too. Oh well. 

we forget how talented and unique these guys are. To get to a D1 school.... There is perhaps ONE per each high school.

Half those are off the team after year two.  To get to the NFL???  On average less than one player  per D1 school. yes the Alabamas etc have more but some schools have none. 

So while your point is tongue and cheek....  Parents who believe theirs kids will get even a college scholarship are on drugs.

here in NC... I see it with golf and football all the time.   

we forget how talented and unique these guys are. To get to a D1 school.... There is perhaps ONE per each high school.

Half those are off the team after year two.  To get to the NFL???  On average less than one player  per D1 school. yes the Alabamas etc have more but some schools have none. 

So while your point is tongue and cheek....  Parents who believe theirs kids will get even a college scholarship are on drugs.

Thanks to Title IX, 800 ladies D1 golf scholarships go unused every year. 

Your plan should be to have a daughter. 

Thanks to Title IX, 800 ladies D1 golf scholarships go unused every year. 

Your plan should be to have a daughter. 

I have 2 daughters.  NC State and UNC.   vary happy, very proud. 

Cite the golf quote?  I belong to a club here in Charlotte.  tens of kids are scratch from the tips.  perhaps 1 gets a scholarship D1 and these kids are playing from the tips at 15 and break par.

To cool off and relax while drinking the tastiest looking Bloody Mary in the history of tasty Bloody Marys well....consider this;

Over the past 3.5 years, Matt Flynn has been on 6 NFL teams, started 5 games, played 498 snaps… and made $15.59M. That's $31,305 per play.

If you take it a step further, his entire financial windfall was generated from one game vs. the Lions in which he was 31-44 for 480 yds and 6 tds.  That's over $500,000 per completion...

Cite the golf quote?  I belong to a club here in Charlotte.  tens of kids are scratch from the tips.  perhaps 1 gets a scholarship D1 and these kids are playing from the tips at 15 and break par.

That's a quote from the female pro at my club. 

The one I work at, anyway. 

I actually think it is tougher than that to get to a D1 school for football. My son made the all-shore time his senior year in high school. I remember sitting at the award dinner, this is for two full counties in NJ. And there were a handful of kids that were going D1. Klecko's kid was one of the only lineman that went D1. It is insane how hard it is...you need freakish size to even be considered.

But I agree with your whole point...so many parents think they are getting a scholarship. So rare.....

I actually think it is tougher than that to get to a D1 school for football. My son made the all-shore time his senior year in high school. I remember sitting at the award dinner, this is for two full counties in NJ. And there were a handful of kids that were going D1. Klecko's kid was one of the only lineman that went D1. It is insane how hard it is...you need freakish size to even be considered.

But I agree with your whole point...so many parents think they are getting a scholarship. So rare.....

my brothers son is in Tampa. Went to UF. the BEST basketball player in his county , captain of their has team was told no thank you by UF, Billy Donovan.  he came to Raleigh and sat on the bench at NC State, BEST player in the county....got no offers from SEC schools. sat at an ACC school.

CRAZY....

It's like Boobie Miles in Friday Night Lights when he says "Now what am I gonna do?" it rips your heart out because he was sure he was going to make it and then he tore his knee up and now he makes 12 bucks an hour weighs 315 lbs and has diabetes. What's sad about that is a good friend of mine Glenn coaches youth football and is a hospital doctor in the town of Belle Glade where Santonio Holmes grew up and went to school and he tells me that it IS the way a lot of those kids think. They walk around like Boobie Miles EXPECTING to make it to the pros Their options are so limited it's either they want to be a pro football or basketball player, a rapper, a preacher and/or a church elder or a gangster and they really have no expectations to live very long-both boys and girls. Glennon told me that the girls get so fat that by the time they are in their mid 40's they figure well that's about it and they end up dying.

If I had my druthers, Matt Flynn would be the back-up QB on the 2015 Jets with Bryce the 3rd string/emergency guy and Geno Smith would be in another time zone playing for the scout team on an NFC West team. I so do not like or want that guy as our QB anymore. 

Hey who knows, maybe I'm wrong about Geno Smith, it won't be the first time or the last, all I know and all I can GO by is from what I have seen with my own two eyes and in my humble opinion, Geno Smith will never be  the starting QB on a championship super bowl winning NFL team. It will NEVER happen, why waste our time trying to prove it? Move on from the scrubs

HS football players have a 0.0975% chance of making it to the NFL according to this graphic: 

zNOVaO6.jpg

That just goes to show that the NFL is a league desperate for quality QB's and are willing to risk everything to get one. It was the Seahawks that made Flynn a rich man after they traded with the Packers for him. Then they drafted Russell Wilson who quickly beat him out for the job and he has been a travelling man ever since. He got lucky but that's how it goes.

HS football players have a 0.0975% chance of making it to the NFL according to this graphic: 

zNOVaO6.jpg

great chart. they could have done a better job IMO. The 6.5 includes D2 and D3 of which you have almost ZERO chance.

The number of HS players to D1 probably closer to 1 percent.   Great add to the conversation. Thanks. 

At least half proud ;)

thumb.aspx?i=%2FproductImages%2F_22000%2

If he were my client, he'd be getting about $150k to 200K a year safely for life.  assuming he put aside a good chunk. 

Blue chip (S/P 500) dividend paying stocks 4-6% annually.

So many to choose from.

Per share prices are subject to market gyrations but buy when down (now) and hold for quarterly div forever.

My father is 88 yrs old and has lived on divs after retiring at 55.

They live in a beautiful home, get a new car every 3 years and they take 2-3 vacations every year.

By living within his means his net worth has quadrupled since retiring.

Lets say Flynn grossed 15M netted 10M has lived somewhat normally and still has 7-8M.

5% return would gross 350-400K. I could live well on that.

Wonder if he has any Bentleys hahahahahaha

That just goes to show that the NFL is a league desperate for quality QB's and are willing to risk everything to get one. It was the Seahawks that made Flynn a rich man after they traded with the Packers for him. Then they drafted Russell Wilson who quickly beat him out for the job and he has been a travelling man ever since. He got lucky but that's how it goes.

If you think Flynn is lucky how about soon to be retired Matt Cassel?  Guy parlayed checking it down to Wes Welker for half a season into $50 million.

It's like Boobie Miles in Friday Night Lights when he says "Now what am I gonna do?" it rips your heart out because he was sure he was going to make it and then he tore his knee up and now he makes 12 bucks an hour weighs 315 lbs and has diabetes. What's sad about that is a good friend of mine Glenn coaches youth football and is a hospital doctor in the town of Belle Glade where Santonio Holmes grew up and went to school and he tells me that it IS the way a lot of those kids think. They walk around like Boobie Miles EXPECTING to make it to the pros Their options are so limited it's either they want to be a pro football or basketball player, a rapper, a preacher and/or a church elder or a gangster and they really have no expectations to live very long-both boys and girls. Glennon told me that the girls get so fat that by the time they are in their mid 40's they figure well that's about it and they end up dying.

My son is very realistic. If he can get a college education out of it great, but he knows even that is no given. Anyone thinking the pros is a guarantee is a moron of epic proportions.

Blue chip (S/P 500) dividend paying stocks 4-6% annually.

So many to choose from.

Per share prices are subject to market gyrations but buy when down (now) and hold for quarterly div forever.

My father is 88 yrs old and has lived on divs after retiring at 55.

They live in a beautiful home, get a new car every 3 years and they take 2-3 vacations every year.

By living within his means his net worth has quadrupled since retiring.

Lets say Flynn grossed 15M netted 10M has lived somewhat normally and still has 7-8M.

5% return would gross 350-400K. I could live well on that.

Wonder if he has any Bentleys hahahahahaha

absolutely.............     I dont think he would net 10M but your premise is so accurate, so straight forward and exactly right.

Archived