Patriots Week..What's the game plan?

Jetster

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The game plan to beat Brady and the Pats is simple, over load the secondary with constant nickel and Dime packages. Hitting Brady does not seem to work. I have seen the guy get hammered all game then comeback in the 4th quarter un-affected. For some reason he does not let the hits bother him and it does not rattle him. Of course if the pressure and hits come on critical 3rd downs there's nothing he can do in that situation but we are not that type of team as was evident vs the Redskins . We simply do not apply consistent pressure on QB's and I do not think its going to miraculously happen this weekend vs Tom Brady. If it does great, if it does not then coverage is the way to go to actually give our lineman some time to crush the pocket up the middle disrupting him enough to create bad throws.

Game plan Hammer his WR's at the line, they are small and not particularly fast, HAMMER THEM !!!! This will somewhat hurt his quick release short passing game which is what they have been doing for years. Its a shame Antonio Allen was not here to stay on Gronk the entire game so hopefully one of our other Safeties is up to the task.

Part 2 run the ball down their freakin throats and that will help play action . Nickel and dime them to death and control the football in the passing game just like they do. Fitz does not need to throw the ball deep in this game he simply needs to control the clock and not make mistakes. Giving the Pats offense multiple opportunities with turnovers = a guaranteed loss. They have made a living off our QB turnovers for years now its time for that bullsh*t to stop. Its been the main reason we've lost in a lot of Jets/pats close games/

Special teams needs to get better it could also mean the difference in this game.

That's being a P*ssy or that's not ending up like Peyton Manning having to have neck surgery. There's being smart and there's being stupid. You wouldn't take those hits, I don't expect any QB or wide out to sit there and take those hits...them boys are big! (all NFL defenders)

also to add to the thread:

the Pats played a lot of zone coverage last night, I don't think this years team plays zone that well at all. If they play zone at any time this week, decker, (or your 3rd wide out I forgot his name) finding a spot in that zone and sitting could also help a lot.

Class is in session. ^^^

You're wrong, most QBs get the ball out or try to step out of those hits. Brady goes fetal position. Has nothing to do with Peyton's neck and everything to do with Brady's labia majora.

yup,  last longer and top 2 all time....yea he's worried about what others think about his play.

There's smart and there's stupid.  I do not think you know the difference in pro sports.

Like Ape said, there is a difference between trying to evade pressure or trying to minimize the impact of a hit and what Brady does. 

In almost every Pats game I watch there are invariable one or two sacks he takes where 99% of other quarterbacks would stand in there longer or try to escape where he just flops because he is afraid of getting hit. Ergo... his is the biggest pussy to ever play the position. 

Like Ape said, there is a difference between trying to evade pressure or trying to minimize the impact of a hit and what Brady does.

In almost every Pats game I watch there are invariable one or two sacks he takes where 99% of other quarterbacks would stand in there longer or try to escape where he just flops because he is afraid of getting hit. Ergo... his is the biggest pussy to ever play the position.

like I said....seeing how his career has gone....Im pretty sure, he doesn't care what you think and nobody else complaining.

I can't call anybody playing professional football a p*ssy (maybe punters n kickers).

like I said....seeing how his career has gone....Im pretty sure, he doesn't care what you think and nobody else complaining.

I can't call anybody playing professional football a p*ssy (maybe punters n kickers).

1. I can. He is an enormous pussy who flops to avoid contact in a way I've never seen a quarterback flop before. 

2. I am under no illusions as to whether or not Tom Brady cares what I think so I don't see what that has to do with anything. That is the type of red herring argument someone makes when they have nothing of value to add to the conversation. 

I mistakenly compared him to a Paraguayan soccer superstar. I meant a Portuguese soccer superstar. He is the American Ronaldo. 

We also need guys to get in the way of those swing passes he throws. Pats Oline is taught to chop the ends so they can't jump or get into the passing lane on those swing plays. The Pats offense is a direct result of the pussification on NFL football!

If they tried to pull this sh*t before 1990 Edelman wouldn't be alive, the game plan would be to take the penalty but smash that little f*cking sh*t cockroach. Like someone else said is there any small WR more annoying then this guy?  Totally bummed that Skrine might be out. Any other team but the Pats when you need all hands on deck in the secondary.

Goes to show you how much the game of football has changed, Pats have all kinds of issues on the Oline but it doesn't even slow them down, Jets losing Skrine has more impact on this game. Years ago a bad Oline was a death knell, now they just throw out a rookie with these better QBs & tell em hold on for dear life, just keep your elbows in.

1. I can. He is an enormous pussy who flops to avoid contact in a way I've never seen a quarterback flop before. 

2. I am under no illusions as to whether or not Tom Brady cares what I think so I don't see what that has to do with anything.  That is the type of red herring argument someone makes when they have nothing of value to add to the conversation. 

I mistakenly compared him to a Paraguayan soccer superstar. I meant a Portuguese soccer superstar. He is the American Ronaldo. 

ha ha says the guy that suggest a NFL starting QB (we all know your focus is brady) should take a hit/sake and jeopardize not being in on the next  play, or game or season only because IN YOUR EYES...let me say that again IN YOUR EYES "it's/he is pussy for ducking sacks"

riiiight.

Jets fans..i hope your playoff chances do not get ruined because fitz "isn't pussy" according to him, and takes a unnecessary hit that could jeopardize him playing and the jets having to  bring in a cold Geno Smith who wouldn't be up to game speed and hang your playoff chances on him to throw..ahhh yeah ok.

Brady folds under pressure our defense should be able to get the job done no worries,offensively speaking we need to keep scoring and not let New England in the game. . 

Brady does not fold under pressure and never has in his entire career.  Check the stats, he is amongst the leaders in the league in qb rating on blitz plays year in and year out. The way to get to him is to play like Dallas.  Mixed Dime packages and to be patient.  Most of those Hardy sacks were coverage sacks and great individual efforts on slow developing plays.  You simply have to take away his hot routes, if the ball is coming out in 2 seconds every play this D will be gassed and routed and the pats will put up 40 points.

NEs D is also not mediocre.  They are a legitimately top 10 D with an underrated secondary and the best lb core in the league.  The way to beat them is power football right up the gut.  They'll probably stack the box and take away Marshall, so it's going to be up to Kerley and Decker to put up huge yards, which I think they will

NE also has the best special teams in the game.  We can't lose that field position battle too badly or it will be a long night.

• Start fast, none of this sleepwalking thru the 1st half stuff. Wake the F up and play at 110% all 60 minutes.
  • On D... Smurfs, bunch formations and over the middle patterns. Stuff em at the line and throw off Brady's timing.
  • Hit Brady, pressure his ass. We have the dogs, turn em loose.
  • Gronk - no idea other than put Cro on him, we still don't have an answer for him.
  • On O.. Same as Sunday but NO turnovers. Play clean no mistakes.

A gap blitzes. Brady stepped straight forward a number of times last night

Cro on Gronk. Cro has a speed and quickness advantage to negate the size of Gronk

Revis on Edelman

4 man DL to stop the run

Limit the edge rushes with S and LB

Keep 95 off of Fitz

Hit Smith on a few deep routes. Now is the time

Ivory, Ivory, Ivory

be smart at all times. Use the clock like it is your friend

ST needs to play very well

Thanks for the assist here KRL

ha ha says the guy that suggest a NFL starting QB (we all know your focus is brady) should take a hit/sake and jeopardize not being in on the next  play, or game or season only because IN YOUR EYES...let me say that again IN YOUR EYES "it's/he is pussy for ducking sacks"

riiiight.

Jets fans..i hope your playoff chances do not get ruined because fitz "isn't pussy" according to him, and takes a unnecessary hit that could jeopardize him playing and the jets having to  bring in a cold Geno Smith who wouldn't be up to game speed and hang your playoff chances on him to throw..ahhh yeah ok.

1. While I am 100% certain Tom Brady doesn't give a sh*t about what I think, YOU clearly do because you can't seem to let it go. I guess the truth hurts. I never said it was anything other than my opinion. My opinion, based on the fact that Brady flops like a woman having a fainting spell every other time a D-lineman comes within 3 yards of his bitch ass. 

2. As much as I dislike Fitz, the one thing you can't possibly say about him is that he's a pussy. Dude dives at the end of every run instead of sliding and taking advantage of the rules designed to protect QBs. You'd never see that pussy Tom Brady do that. 

Brady does not fold under pressure and never has in his entire career.  Check the stats, he is amongst the leaders in the league in qb rating on blitz plays year in and year out. 

Taking a sack does not figure into passer rating against the blitz. You have to actually be man enough to stand in there and throw the football for it to even register.

Just sayin'.

There is only one way we win that game, if our dline crushes the interior of the pats oline through the whole game.  An outside pass rush rarely affects brady, they will attack us like other teams have with short stuff.  The only way we beat them is if we are blowing up the interior of their line and getting instant pressure right up the middle.

Are you joking? The guy takes more dives than Greg Louganis. 

Nope sorry I'm not joking.. I have seen enough of Brady to know for a fact he's no pussy, not even close. In fact I wish he was more of a pussy.

Once again I have seen him get Hammered in games and it not effect him in the least later in the game. When he needs to stand in and make a play late in the game its like that hammering never even happened. Good example was the first NY Giant SB loss where he was getting destroyed yet still drove his team for the go ahead score with 2 min left. Sure he lost but it was no fault of his and I have seen him do the exact same thing on numerous occasions.

If you want to troll the Pats fans that's fine I'm just telling it like it is man. I hate the cheating bastard but lets be honest here he's a freak at the QB position deflated balls or not .

Brady does not fold under pressure and never has in his entire career.  Check the stats, he is amongst the leaders in the league in qb rating on blitz plays year in and year out. The way to get to him is to play like Dallas.  Mixed Dime packages and to be patient.  Most of those Hardy sacks were coverage sacks and great individual efforts on slow developing plays.  You simply have to take away his hot routes, if the ball is coming out in 2 seconds every play this D will be gassed and routed and the pats will put up 40 points.

NEs D is also not mediocre.  They are a legitimately top 10 D with an underrated secondary and the best lb core in the league.  The way to beat them is power football right up the gut.  They'll probably stack the box and take away Marshall, so it's going to be up to Kerley and Decker to put up huge yards, which I think they will

NE also has the best special teams in the game.  We can't lose that field position battle too badly or it will be a long night.

Brady does so in fact fold under pressure history proves this every time we have beaten the Patriots its been because we put pressure on the QB all game long. 

There is only one way we win that game, if our dline crushes the interior of the pats oline through the whole game.  An outside pass rush rarely affects brady, they will attack us like other teams have with short stuff.  The only way we beat them is if we are blowing up the interior of their line and getting instant pressure right up the middle.

that or just totally taking away his WR's like we have in the past over loading the secondary in place of slow meathead Linebackers like Pace and Coples who can't cover to save their lives

Taking a sack does not figure into passer rating against the blitz. You have to actually be man enough to stand in there and throw the football for it to even register.

Just sayin'.

well yeah because arguably the best offense in football has just been getting killed by the blitz ???

1. While I am 100% certain Tom Brady doesn't give a sh*t about what I think, YOU clearly do because you can't seem to let it go. I guess the truth hurts. I never said it was anything other than my opinion. My opinion, based on the fact that Brady flops like a woman having a fainting spell every other time a D-lineman comes within 3 yards of his bitch ass. 

2. As much as I dislike Fitz, the one thing you can't possibly say about him is that he's a pussy. Dude dives at the end of every run instead of sliding and taking advantage of the rules designed to protect QBs. You'd never see that pussy Tom Brady do that. 

You might want to wipe clean up.  I think you have some Harvard jizz on your lips.

Hits on Brady are useful because he does get rattled and his accuracy goes to piss. Not for the whole game but for a drive or two. That's easily enough to be the difference in a game like this.

Doing what we are doing will get us 95% of the way to a win. It's that other 5% that risks sinking us. That 5% is two things: (1) our slow first half play and (2) the poor LB passing coverage. They were major contributors to the Eagles loss and surely what every team will try to exploit this season. We're getting better at both but the cheaters have an offense designed to naturally exploit these problems. If they get too much of a lead in the first half I don't know that we can be so aggressive in the third quarter that we can overcome. I expect to see Edelman and Gronkowski lined up in a way that forces our LBs to cover them and create mismatches. I don't want to see Coples covering Edelman. He'll get burned every time.

So as far as I am concerned improvement at these two areas and otherwise playing like we have in each of our wins is what we have to do.

Nope sorry I'm not joking.. I have seen enough of Brady to know for a fact he's no pussy, not even close. In fact I wish he was more of a pussy.

Once again I have seen him get Hammered in games and it not effect him in the least later in the game. When he needs to stand in and make a play late in the game its like that hammering never even happened. Good example was the first NY Giant SB loss where he was getting destroyed yet still drove his team for the go ahead score with 2 min left. Sure he lost but it was no fault of his and I have seen him do the exact same thing on numerous occasions.

If you want to troll the Pats fans that's fine I'm just telling it like it is man. I hate the cheating bastard but lets be honest here he's a freak at the QB position deflated balls or not .

You thought Chad Pennington was awesome so your opinion doesn't carry much weight with me. 

No. It's not. If we are evaluating quarterback play it is extremely relevant. 

My evaluation of QB play for the Jets has been and always will be what type of talent we surround a QB with and for the past 15 years our talent at the WR position has been just about the worst in the NFL If you want to deny that fact just to make a stupid point about a QB and get some laughs from the other QB hating cronies on this site then you go for it big guy.

Offensively, lean on Ivory.  He gashed the Pats* D up in Foxboro last year, and this year's Pats* D isn't as stout.  Marshall will get his targets whether he's covered or not, but Decker is the real guy who could get a 1-on-1 mismatch in the slot.  Additionally, this might be the game where the coaching staff needs to realize Jeremy Kerley has worth, especially with Decker, Marshall, and Ivory taking the focus.  Devin Smith runs a good deep route but I'm not sure if he's ready for the underneath stuff in a marquee game.  Same for Enunwa, can he step up and make the catches?

Defensively, not having Skrine could be a big deal.  Hopefully he and Marcus Williams are available.  This is an "all hands on deck" type of game.  If no Skrine/Williams, we're gonna have to hope McDougal and Walls can step up. This is a game where they need to play press coverage to throw off timing.  Cromartie may not match up well against any of their receivers.  Both Amendola and Edelman are shifty guys.  Maybe Gilcrist can match up against Gronk.  Marcus WIlliams shut down Gronk last year but that was a Rex game plan.  I'll be interesting to see what Bowles does here.

The front 4 needs to win the battle against the Pats* o-line.  If Sheldon, Mo, Leo, Snacks, Douzable, Coples, Pace, and Mauldin can generate a pass rush, things will be tough on Brady.  I expect Bowles to blitz a little more, but Brady will try to get rid of it quickly like he did vs. Buffalo, with quick WR screens and picks.  Jets DBs gotta be ready to get physical.

Stack the box to take away Marshall ? Since when does stacking the box effect WR's ? Did you mean ivory ?

Also lets face it the Jets are known for Defense and the Pats are known for offense ...It has been this way for many years . I would think our offense has improved much much more than you're defense has so the Jest are very much in the conversation when it comes to winning the AFC east this season. Will be interesting to see how it plays out. Remember this Jets team is much much different than what the Pats have played the last 2 years.

Archived