Sheldon - not getting the message

BlakeSpenceBlockedPunt

Did you read the article or just the headline? Here is the quote:

“This is going to be another win for us. We’ll let you all write the columns about validating wins and stuff like that. This is going to be another win in the win column if we got out there and execute and do what we’re supposed to do,” Richardson told Metro.

I don't see the word guarantee or anything close. Come on.

If you dont believe bulletin board material works, you never saw Jordan play

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they do it during the game.  I think the bulletin board stuff is funny because what they say to each other during the game, before the snap is all x-rated and complete mind games.  this whole "don't make them mad" stuff is amusing

So true it's the Chicken Little fans that cry all is lost a player on our team thinks we will win..Oh no we are doomed..:lol:

Jets coach Todd Bowles wants his team to take a quiet, business-like approach into Sunday against the Patriots. Sheldon Richardson apparently didn't get the memo. "This is going to be another win for us," he told Metro New York. "We'll let you write the columns about validating wins and stuff like that. This is going to be another win in the win column if we get out there and execute and do what we're supposed to do.

It doesnt matter intent, it will be see as a guarantee

I see via MetroNY that he just "guaranteed" the Jets will beat the Pats.  Wish he would shut his trap and just play ball.  He's quickly letting his mouth do more than his play.   I can already hear everyone talk about taking the quote out of context, etc.  Give me a break.  Zip it and let your play do the talking...

Why talk during Pats week?  Defending Super Bowl champs.  4-9 in last 13.  1-7 last 8.  Do something first before you run your mouth.  

http://www.metro.us/sports/sheldon-richardson-guarantees-a-jets-win-at-patriots/zsJojv---MtxjMZPqvaYu2/

Especially after playing his first game because he was suspended. The hope was he gained some humility. Does't seem like that happened. 

Thank you!!!

Guys are NOT supposed say that if they execute the game plan they expect to win?

As you correctly said...

Come on!!!

I hear ya but aren't you a little tired of the talking of it at all? I know I am.  We all talk of how refreshing it is to have Bowels demeanor around and then we defend talk like this. It's not the worst thing ever said but it's in the sam vain that we've all been complaining about. 

I don't know, but it seems on the contradictory side to me. 

I hear ya but aren't you a little tired of the talking of it at all? I know I am.  We all talk of how refreshing it is to have Bowels demeanor around and then we defend talk like this. It's not the worst thing ever said but it's in the sam vain that we've all been complaining about. 

If players said nothing at all fans would complain..In wins fans complain come to think of it when don't fans complain??

Stupid Motherf****.

Who?  The hack writer going for clicks on a BS headline or Sheldon for saying basically the truth for every team every game?  If you play well, ya usually win.  If you don't play well you usually don't.

The quote kind of makes it sound like it's just another week.  Which is the type of mentality that was missing the past few years during Jets/Pats week.  Good to hear actually.  They execute, they win.  Regardless of opponent.

even dick cimini couldn't call this a guarantee with a straight face

http://espn.go.com/newyork/nfl/story/_/id/13949604/newyork-jets-sheldon-richardson-says-team-beat-new-england-patriots-execute

It's hardly a guarantee, and Richardson qualified his comments by saying "if" the Jets play well. But it's still an eyebrow-raising remark because of the opponent. The Patriots are 5-0, with an average margin of victory of 16 points.

And, oh, yes, they've won seven of the past eight meetings against the Jets (4-1).

"We're going to be up in the division. That's how we're going to look at it," Richardson added. "We're going to be the front-runners. That's how we look at it."

This is the same Richardson who made headlines after last week's win over the Washington Redskins, saying the Jets are "licking our chops" at the prospect of facing the first-place Patriots. It was his first game after a four-game suspension for marijuana.

Richardson's latest bulletin-board quote came to light on the same day in which the Patriots, on their official Twitter account, trolled the Jets by posting a picture of the infamous 2012 Butt Fumble. The tweet was later deleted.

isn't the butt fumble trolling worse ?  doesn't this mean the jets win ?  I'm so confused now

I see via MetroNY that he just "guaranteed" the Jets will beat the Pats.  Wish he would shut his trap and just play ball.  He's quickly letting his mouth do more than his play.   I can already hear everyone talk about taking the quote out of context, etc.  Give me a break.  Zip it and let your play do the talking...

Why talk during Pats week?  Defending Super Bowl champs.  4-9 in last 13.  1-7 last 8.  Do something first before you run your mouth.  

http://www.metro.us/sports/sheldon-richardson-guarantees-a-jets-win-at-patriots/zsJojv---MtxjMZPqvaYu2/

He's just recently back with the team and is probably still suffering from a Rex hangover. Let your play do the talking is the mantra now.

" IF" they do what they are supposed to do and the game plan goes according to plan , well it damn well better be a win.

An what better team to to begin the Pats descent into mediocrity then the one who began there assent in the first place with the Marvin Lewis hit.

Thank you!!!

Guys are NOT supposed say that if they execute the game plan they expect to win?

As you correctly said...

Come on!!!

I guess he was supposed to say that if they executed the game plan and the Pats overlook us we have a chance of maybe stealing one this Sunday. 

Lame

I was definitely a person that said ENOUGH with the talking but guys are giving interviews and no everyone isn't Jeter. I just think that Jets fans are quick to label their own players as idiots when there is no need to go there.

He just said if we play our game we can win. I don't see the problem with that. 

He is far from the old ways of "we are going to bring everything we have and that will be more then they can handle" mantra of our old HC.

They should bring Jeter to teach these idiots how to recycle cliches. "How to Talk to the Media Without Ever Saying A Thing 101".

Go past Jeter and go to M Jordan, he's the one who wrote the book and taught Jeter.

That said, this is football, not baseball.  Sheldon didn't say anything

I was definitely a person that said ENOUGH with the talking but guys are giving interviews and no everyone isn't Jeter. I just think that Jets fans are quick to label their own players as idiots when there is no need to go there.

He just said if we play our game we can win. I don't see the problem with that. 

He is far from the old ways of "we are going to bring everything we have and that will be more then they can handle" mantra of our old HC.

Potentially.

As a therapist I generally allow/accept certain behaviors for a period of time after a traumatic event. I think the Jets fans lashing out right now qualifies as a derivative of being shell shocked from the Rex years.

We're freaked out man.

Potentially.

As a therapist I generally allow/accept certain behaviors for a period of time after a traumatic event. I think the Jets fans lashing out right now qualifies as a derivative of being shell shocked from the Rex years.

We're freaked out man.

Hahahahahah Love this response...

As a therapist who uses Ericksonian Hypnosis I agree.....

I'm not actually following what he means here... lol

Manish was on a roll today.  First he flamed Kristian Dyer for the Richardson piece and then he jumped some USA Today writer for tweaking a Gilchrist interview that implied Brady = Kirk Cousins.  Some of the other beat writers were supporting Manish's point that the articles were manipulated for click bait.  It's actually a fair point since the competition for eyeballs with NY sports teams is alot different than for a team from virtually any other city...

better than him saying "I guarantee a loss". 

Archived