Miami can really test Pats defense!

Jetster

Thank you. I feel like I am taking crazy pills. 

Tranny shreds two of the worst defenses in the league and suddenly he's Johnny Unitas?

Tannehill = Pennington. He can light up sh*tty teams and beat the occasional average team but he is constantly exposed as a fraud when he plays good teams. 

Tennessee D is better than the pats so far this season

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tranny shreds two of the worst defenses in the league and suddenly he's Johnny Unitas?

Tannehill = Pennington. He can light up sh*tty teams and beat the occasional average team but he is constantly exposed as a fraud when he plays good teams. 

Not to take anything away from Tanne but some perspective for the people that think he had a huge game should check the YAC from his last game. 

http://www.footballdb.com/games/boxscore.html?gid=2015102508

They had 296 "Passing yards" but also had 236 YAC. So their passes only traveled for a total of 60 yards through the air all game. 

Short week. Fins didn't have to work last Sunday. Pats had all they could handle. Miami has edge rushers & Suh up the middle. Miami some fast players (Landry) that can make explosion plays. Pats didn't have to worry about playing the whole field with Ivory setback & no Powell to offset, just plodding horse Stacy. Tannehill is a much better runner than Fitz and Fitz proved you can convert by taking off.

i hate Miami as much as anyone here, I'm old school, but the reality is Miami on a short week matches up better than the other way around. Tannehill has had success over the last 3 years vs Pats. Most important thing, Fins are coming in very confident & this interim coach is not coming in with a conservative game plan. I'm not saying Fins win, I'm saying this one goes down to the wire & Suh will probably hurt someone showing off on National TV. It's gonna be fun to watch.

Tennessee D is better than the pats so far this season

Yeah... no. 

They allow more points and don't play alongside an offense that can quickly turn a team one-dimensional. 

Plus the Titans defensive stats are against the Bucs, Browns, Colts, Bills, Dolphins and Falcons. So they've played against 3 extremely weak offenses. 

Pats have given up a lot of yardage in garbage time as they've really only been seriously put to the test the last two weeks. 

I have a feeling the Pats are gonna make the Dolphins look silly tonight. 

Yeah... no. 

They allow more points and don't play alongside an offense that can quickly turn a team one-dimensional. 

Plus the Titans defensive stats are against the Bucs, Browns, Colts, Bills, Dolphins and Falcons. So they've played against 3 extremely weak offenses. 

Pats have given up a lot of yardage in garbage time as they've really only been seriously put to the test the last two weeks. 

I have a feeling the Pats are gonna make the Dolphins look silly tonight. 

points allowed is a bit skewed since you're talking about a team that has a turnover prone offense. They held Atlanta to 10 just last week and it's not like the pats have played much better teams. Cowboys with weeden and the jags etc. 

Pats didn't have to defend the entire field vs Fitzy. With Tannyhill, the Fins can REALLY stretch that average defense out because Tannyhill can throw a 30 yard out on a dime. Plus he runs better than Fitz, he's much faster. The Fins WRs are much faster than the Jets top 2, Landry can take a 5 yard slant & go 65 easy. Gonna be a high scoring game. Pats D gets exposed tonight. You heard it here first, Jets had the matchups & Landry was still scary. 

I do not have as high n opinion of Tannehills arm as you.  And they have not beaten anybody.  They will lose tonight, although I hope they win

I actually believe they will beat the Pats tonight....If Suh is in "animal mode" they have a chance.  Suh may even inflict some unsportsman like conduct on Brady.

suh gets held tonight just like every other defensive lineman the pats play. nothing is different

fair point but Miami has been a different team since philbin got sh*tcanned. Tonight we'll see who our real AFCE competition is 

We'll see.  I think Dan Campbell could end up going the Todd Bowles route; both are Parcells disciples who were interim coaches and then successful HC's.  But a lot of new coaches, interim or otherwise, start out hot for one reason or another.  That doesn't mean the Dolphins won't show their ugly side.  They should have been playing better under Philbin but also aren't quite as good as they seem to be under Campbell.  The truth is somewhere in the middle.  And the Patriots will exploit the ugly side this week.

suh gets held tonight just like every other defensive lineman the pats play. nothing is different

We might actually see a referees head get pulled clear off of their body tonight if Suh gets held all night with no calls. Should be fun.

We'll see.  I think Dan Campbell could end up going the Todd Bowles route; both are Parcells disciples who were interim coaches and then successful HC's.  But a lot of new coaches, interim or otherwise, start out hot for one reason or another.  That doesn't mean the Dolphins won't show their ugly side.  They should have been playing better under Philbin but also aren't quite as good as they seem to be under Campbell.  The truth is somewhere in the middle.  And the Patriots will exploit the ugly side this week.

That's the fun part of these boards, we all get to say our piece & we see how it ends up. The fun part is the posts don't go away so once the game is played all our comments are fair game.

agreed I'm expecting a shootout tonight. The o/u is 51 I'm taking the over all day. I wouldn't be surprised to see closer to 60 points tonight 

agreed I'm expecting a shootout tonight. The o/u is 51 I'm taking the over all day. I wouldn't be surprised to see closer to 60 points tonight 

Perhaps.  Aren't Thursday night games typically lower scoring though?  I know this is the Patriots we're talking about, but still.

Banging chests and headbutting each other may boost morale and pump up a team enough to win a couple games against crappy teams on emotion, but sooner or later that coach will have to rely on talent and scheming ability to beat a truly good team with a genius HC and all world QB.  Sorry LOLphins, we'll try to lay out some cushions to help when you come crashing down. 

Short Week, Thursday Night Game, interim HC vs. Brady and BB at home but people think the Dolphags are going to get a win because they clobbered Houston and Tenn. and the Pats had to battle?

Has anyone paid any attention to the NFL for the past decade?

Perhaps.  Aren't Thursday night games typically lower scoring though?  I know this is the Patriots we're talking about, but still.

that's actually a myth, there's definitely been some duds over the years but when you average it out there's not really any significant difference 

that's actually a myth, there's definitely been some duds over the years but when you average it out there's not really any significant difference 

Gotcha.  In that case, yep, take the over.  lol.  Even if the Dolphins don't do their part NE will probably put up 40 or so of the 51 points you need.

So you're saying the Pats are a good team?

You running a temperature Klecktard?

Tannenhill stretches the field? 

+20 yards pass plays in 2015

Dolphins 19 

Jets 19

Pats 25

Jarvis Landry had a 50 yard TD last week for Miami.  He caught it 14 yards from the line of scrimmage, then weaved his way from one side of the field to the other, breaking a couple tackles and running a total distance of 97 yards to gain the remaining 36 on the play.  He made the Texans look like the Oregon Ducks out there.

He won't do that against New England. 

Archived