Dumb Use of Devon

roscoeword

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry, you don't put a highly drafted speedy and FRAGILE player on special teams. That was brutal. We just lost a guy who could have developed into a secret weapon down the road.

you know the Pats play Gronk on special team? the Steelers play Antonio Brown and the SeaHawks play Thomas and Chancellor

If you're not a starter, you play specials. He's not a starter. With only 46 player last active on game day you have to pitch in. Hell, he even played specials in college. 

And that's not even how you spell his first name. Good lord. 

Yahtzee!  Smith had to be the lowest efficiency rating for a WR in the whole league anyway.  One completed pass per what? Every 20 targets?

Honestly, and I mean this - the offense will actually be improved without him.  Trying to force a few balls in to him each game, those were actually wasted plays because he has no nose for the ball and really is only good at locating and running underneath open 9 routes.  However he hasn't run by many CB's in the NFL and when he has he's either dropped or not fought for the balls. 

His decoy speed will be missed but frankly I don't think defenses are doing any cartwheels because this kid's utterly forgetable season is over.

And? Next man up. Even Decker plays specials when he has to. You don't have an argument here. 

What argument?  I'm saying that Devin Smith is basically a starter, just like Buster Skrine is, because three wides is played about 50% of the time in the NFL.  

I'm not arguing that Smith shouldn't have been playing special teams.  Smith is a better fit on the field with Decker and Marshall than Kerley is.

What argument?  I'm saying that Devin Smith is basically a starter, just like Buster Skrine is, because three wides is played about 50% of the time in the NFL.  

I'm not arguing that Smith shouldn't have been playing special teams.  Smith is a better fit on the field with Decker and Marshall than Kerley is.

In the base offense Smith is not a starter. Basically a starter is not a starter. Please move on.

And it sounds like Kerley is banged up too, so they may have to go out and find a WR. Unless they want to roll with just Thompkins. 

Archived