If Todd Bowles was a genius at coaching

Scott Dierking

I don't know if it's more enjoyable to watch, but it's a lot less dumb. 

Last night not withstanding, it has been a better brand of Jets football this year. And this team has personality. I was thinking last night Fitzpatrick is kind of the perfect QB for the Jets. A guy who has been disrespected in the league, a journeyman who is a bit nuts

The OL had a sub par performance all around. Fitz hung in there knowing he was going to take some shots. Dallas was half a step faster on the line than the Jets. That is where another injection of youth will help the Jets next season. Regardless of who the QB is

Brady plays

The OL had a sub par performance all around. Fitz hung in there knowing he was going to take some shots. Dallas was half a step faster on the line than the Jets. That is where another injection of youth will help the Jets next season. Regardless of who the QB is

I agree. Been saying it for the last few weeks. OL, LB and RB are the key areas of need this offseason. And I trust Mac to get them.

He would be begging Santa on a list to have the Patriots sit Tom Brady and all of their stars.

That is what a great coach would do in this situation.

Seriously, this team is in such better hands at the helm, it actually makes me want to watch football again.

That wish will come true today after the Pats beat the Titans and the Steelers beat the Broncos.

That scenario gives the Pats the #1 seed and they will sit their starters the next two weeks.

Last night not withstanding, it has been a better brand of Jets football this year. And this team has personality. I was thinking last night Fitzpatrick is kind of the perfect QB for the Jets. A guy who has been disrespected in the league, a journeyman who is a bit nuts

last night was the perfect example of how different we are today.  Under Rex and others we lose that game.  

This team is pretty resilient 

That wish will come true today after the Pats beat the Titans and the Steelers beat the Broncos.

That scenario gives the Pats the #1 seed and they will sit their starters the next two weeks.

IF we were to beat the Pats, I want it to be with Brady in the game, otherwise it would take some of the significance out of the win. If we can't win against Brady, then what's the point of us going to the playoffs?

IF we were to beat the Pats, I want it to be with Brady in the game, otherwise it would take some of the significance out of the win. If we can't win against Brady, then what's the point of us going to the playoffs?

Get in then anything can happen.  Truth is they probably will sit Brady and Jimmy G will come in and crush us!!

It is what it is when it comes down to what happens in weeks 16 and 17.

I don't recall Jets fans crying about in 2009 when the Jets made the playoffs because Indy and Cincy sat all their starters in the last two weeks.

It will come down to the Jets/Bills game anyway.

Rex will not sit starters.

Get in then anything can happen.  Truth is they probably will sit Brady and Jimmy G will come in and crush us!!

Seriously.  I think this team could make noise too.  It really stinks we could win out and not get in.  Stinks!

But I love this team.  They are what seems to be a great group of guys who get along.  They look like they are having a ton of fun.  They're loose.  They have personality.  They are resilient.  It's been a fun season to watch.  Really hope we can watch a playoff game, would be a shame if it was all for nothing but definitely a fun year. 

Not a chance. A chance to deal the Jets a potential fatal blow is just too good a chance for BB to pass up.

Doesn't matter if the sits them or doesn't, that is going to be one whale of a football game next week.

Seriously.  I think this team could make noise too.  It really stinks we could win out and get in.  Stinks!

But I love this team.  They are what seems to be a great group of guys who get along.  They look like they are having a ton of fun.  They're loose.  They have personality.  They are resilient.  It's been a fun season to watch.  Really hope we can watch a playoff game, would be a shame if it was all for nothing but definitely a fun year. 

We watched this team for entertainment and this year they hit the mark.  I had to in my heart and head realize this is nothing more than an entertainment product.  Remove the emotion a bit and just enjoy the show.  Like last night the two blatant phantom call the refs made to keep game interesting.  Even if we dont make the playoffs I have certainly enjoyed this season.

We watched this team for entertainment and this year they hit the mark.  I had to in my heart and head realize this is nothing more than an entertainment product.  Remove the emotion a bit and just enjoy the show.  Like last night the two blatant phantom call the refs made to keep game interesting.  Even if we dont make the playoffs I have certainly enjoyed this season.

Agreed.  Like I said, it just stinks because I think they can beat any team in the AFC.  And I really want it for Fitz and Marshall.  It would be a travesty if neither guys ever make it to the playoffs.  Especially since both are basically having career years and might end up 10-6 or 11-5 and not get in.  Shame.

Definitely feel yeah though.  It's entertainment and this season hasnt disappointed from that perspective. 

Jerry sucked off the officials before the game and probably played bottom without asking for a reacharound. Two phantom calls, a non call on a blow to the head to Fitzpatrick and Dez punched Revis without getting called. The Jets won anyway so screw em. 

if this does play out, you really think pats will sit their starters in week 16? I'm not so sure about that especially since the Jets are making a playoff push. Week 17 I can see them doing that. 

i never understood this logic. The Giants won  2 super bowls with average teams.  No one cares how you get in,  just get in.  We can prove ourselves in the playoffs. 

if this does play out, you really think pats will sit their starters in week 16? I'm not so sure about that especially since the Jets are making a playoff push. Week 17 I can see them doing that. 

What does the Jets making a playoff push have to do with the Pats?

Pats sat their starters last year against the Bills and they are far more banged up this year.

With the bye, Pats starters would have 3 weeks to get healthy.

Only thing that would change this is if the Broncos beat the Steelers today.

He would be begging Santa on a list to have the Patriots sit Tom Brady and all of their stars.

That is what a great coach would do in this situation.

Seriously, this team is in such better hands at the helm, it actually makes me want to watch football again.

Why? Wouldnt a great coach want to beat a rival at full strength so there's no discussion about "what would have been"? 

**** Tom Brady. He's going to get his behind handed to him next week. 

You crazy as hell if you think Brady sits next week. The hate is real on both sides

yeah i dont see Belicheck sitting starters in week 16.  Even if they lock up the #1 seed it would be a really long layoff to the divisional playoffs for the starters if they didnt play.

You think?

I'd be surprised if they sat their starters for two weeks... Obviously they want their top guys healthy for the playoffs but that could mean three straight weeks without meaningful football for their top guys. Could have them rusty.

It is what it is when it comes down to what happens in weeks 16 and 17.

I don't recall Jets fans crying about in 2009 when the Jets made the playoffs because Indy and Cincy sat all their starters in the last two weeks.

It will come down to the Jets/Bills game anyway.

Rex will not sit starters.

It's worth nothing CIncy didn't sit their starters. They all played until the game was well in hand... But yeah, the Indy game was a gift.

I never really understood why the NE coach still has this unbearable hatred of the Jets.

Can one of the NE trolls on this board expand on this?

I'm not a troll, but I'll give it a shot.

It all goes back to the way BB was treated by the Jets with regards to the Parcells situation.

He's still pissed off.

Archived