Odell Beckham

joewilly12

Look, it's the refs job to eject a player who's out of control like that.  His earholing Norman should have been immediate ejection.  Coughlin absolutely could have sat OBJ down for a series to cool off, but his job is to win games with the players he has at his disposal.  The Giants were in the midst of trying to win the division.  He can deal with OBJ internally after the game, fine him, whatever.  But with the division on the line he can't bench his best player, and frankly the only weapon they have. 

Disagree.  When one of your players INTENTIONALLY tries to literally kill an opponent, it stops being a game.  That was attempted murder.  If the NFL does not let the refs eject him, then it is on the coach to sit him.  

As mentioned here, Wilk sat for a qtr for being late to a meeting.  That  is accountability.

Stay classy, Giants.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the touchdown that tied the game at 35-35, Beckham should have been called for taunting. Jets have been called for taunting for a lot less. In fact, Jets have been ejected for a lot less.

If he was a Jet, he would've been ejected instantly, tired of the special treatment certain organizations and players get.

As I mentioned before, we had a must win game against the "classy" Giants and we didn't have

Revis.  Yet Bowles benched Wilkerson for a quarter for being late to a meeting.  Think about that

Wilkerson didn't miss the meeting he was just late.  No excuses for Coughlin he embarrassed

himself 

Disagree.  When one of your players INTENTIONALLY tries to literally kill an opponent, it stops being a game.  That was attempted murder.  If the NFL does not let the refs eject him, then it is on the coach to sit him.  

As mentioned here, Wilk sat for a qtr for being late to a meeting.  That  is accountability.

Stay classy, Giants.

Hahahaha, come on now with the drama. 

As I mentioned before, we had a must win game against the "classy" Giants and we didn't have

Revis.  Yet Bowles benched Wilkerson for a quarter for being late to a meeting.  Think about that

Wilkerson didn't miss the meeting he was just late.  No excuses for Coughlin he embarrassed

himself 

Good analogy. When a player launches himself headfirst like a missile with his helmet as the warhead to take off another guy's head after a play is over, it's very very hard to come away making excuses like "boys will be boys," or "it's not patty-cake." No it's frankly assault. Imagine if Norman suffered a neck-injury, or was knocked out as a result of Beckham's attack... just egregious by any measure.

I was most surprised that Coughlin didn't pull him from the game.   The refs were horrible in this game.  Yes they called 3 flags but he should have received more including an ejection.  I know they can't see everything on the field but they all knew what was happening and needed to give some more attention to the situation. How many times did they show him attempting a swipe to the head?   Since last year I have thought that Beckham was similar to Steve Smith Sr. which is no problem as long as you don't do anything stupid to hurt your team.  Smith is a great WR that plays with a ton of emotion.  I just thought OBJ needed more time to mature and channel that energy like Smith does.  Yesterday was an implosion by the Madden cover boy.  He will probably get 1 game from the league but the Giants shut shut him down for the season.

Coughlin only cares about the win.  I am sure the same condescending blow-hards who chastised Rex for letting the Beard play after his DUI (you know against the Dolphins who had 3 players arrested in the offseason for Domestic Violence without any Miami suspensions), will not say anything.  The hypocrisy in this league is amazing.

In Coughlin's defense, the Giants did tie the game and OBJ caught the tying TD.  If taken out of the game, Norman would guard the next best WR and the Giants probably don't come back.  It's Coughlin's job to try his best to win games.  I still say the guy is up there with Belichick as the 2 best coaches in the league.  Both HOFers.  I hear a lot of talk about the Giants not bringing the guy back but I couldn't imagine any Giant fan actually wanting that.  The guy is an absolute legend.

You all saw the WR coach talking to OBJ, so don't come down on Coughlin for trying to win a game with an out of control player. On First Take Tim Hasselbeck made a great argument about NOT suspending OBJ, because hits like he pulled on Norman happen all the time in the pile. They showed a Steeler lineman driving his helmet into a Denver RB who was standing next to the pile and this guy had a running start and dove right into him. If OBJ gets suspended then this guy should too.

You all saw the WR coach talking to OBJ, so don't come down on Coughlin for trying to win a game with an out of control player. On First Take Tim Hasselbeck made a great argument about NOT suspending OBJ, because hits like he pulled on Norman happen all the time in the pile. They showed a Steeler lineman driving his helmet into a Denver RB who was standing next to the pile and this guy had a running start and dove right into him. If OBJ gets suspended then this guy should too.

Did Burfict get suspended or just fined? 

OBJ is a punk! I never saw a player go out of his way to physically hurt and possibly end the career of another player like OBJ did yesterday. Jawing and pushing one another happens in all sports but to attempt to punch an opposing player while running pass routes is way over the limit, then to try and spear him in the head with your helmet after the play, to me that is someone with an intention to do physical harm and possibly maim someone. He should be heavily fined and suspended indefinitely. The NFL should fire those officials, and fine Coughlin. OBJ was the aggressor. Norman should be fined. When you go to extreme limits like this and try to justify it because you want to win the game and being competitive you are a total disgrace as a human being. Which is the classy organization now!

It was Coughlin's call and he effed it up like he has the whole season with his various senile brainfarts. He stayed in the game 1 yr too long

It's just one more example of how Fantasy Football is negatively affecting the game of professional football. There is one set of rules for guys like Richardson and Pace and another whole different set of rules of what is allowed for the Tom Brady's and Odell Beckman of the game. I couldn't believe what I was seeing in both of those teams games yesterday, I'm sitting here watching play after play that I KNOW the Jets are never allowed to get away with and the Patriots and the Giants it's almost like they are playing a different game from the one I have been watching  for the past 50 years. All the holding calls, the movement before the snap, the clocks that run on down a whole different set of things that offensive receivers are doing with blocking and setting NBA-style picks-hits that are routinely called on the Jets that the "elite" teams are simply allowed to make without repercussion.  I sweare I blame this commissioner first and foremost and the $$$ that is being legally wagered as culprits 1A 

It's just one more example of how Fantasy Football is negatively affecting the game of professional football. There is one set of rules for guys like Richardson and Pace and another whole different set of rules of what is allowed for the Tom Brady's and Odell Beckman of the game. I couldn't believe what I was seeing in both of those teams games yesterday, I'm sitting here watching play after play that I KNOW the Jets are never allowed to get away with and the Patriots and the Giants it's almost like they are playing a different game from the one I have been watching  for the past 50 years. All the holding calls, the movement before the snap, the clocks that run on down a whole different set of things that offensive receivers are doing with blocking and setting NBA-style picks-hits that are routinely called on the Jets that the "elite" teams are simply allowed to make without repercussion.  I sweare I blame this commissioner first and foremost and the $$$ that is being legally wagered as culprits 1A 

I hear ya mon, but also remember the jets beat dallas on a pick play to decker, The pats concepts have corrupted and ruined the NFL product. From the Brady rules, to 5 yd chucks, to filming signals, to deflating footballs, to radio jamming signals, to submitting bogus injury reports..... it has become closer to roller derby/wrastling more than football.

What I have not heard mentioned, the QB is supposed to beta leader, a field general.  How does Elisha not say anything? Stay classy Giants.  

This too.  Manning is the leader of that team and although I read that he did say something to him in the 1st q, he should have went back to him after that.   Manning is the leader but not vocvally.  He left that to guys like Strahan, Tuck and Osi.    Heck, I think if Cruz as on the sideline h would have tried to calm the kid down.

Coughlin WAS, at one time, one of the best coaches in the NFL. That ship has sailed.  It's crazy for a team to keep a coach on well beyond his prime out of loyalty.  Unlike a player who you can hide as a reserve, you can't hide the HC.  If the Giants keep him on next year, they are essentially throwing away 1-4 games out of loyalty the way things are going.

Beckham needs to go back and look at film of Jerry Rice to understand that being the best is about more than making circus catches.  There's an expression I don't recall the origin of, but it goes "act like you've been there before".  If you act like a thugturd in the NFL, you are going to get abused, often and harshly.  Beckham is not only going to find it tough sledding the rest of this season, but he's going to have to probably deal with overly aggressive DB play next season as well until he figures out how to change his ways.

As for suspension, the Giants should absolutely let him serve any suspension now rather than carry it into next season.  Fantasy owners be damned.

Coughlin WAS, at one time, one of the best coaches in the NFL. That ship has sailed.  It's crazy for a team to keep a coach on well beyond his prime out of loyalty.  Unlike a player who you can hide as a reserve, you can't hide the HC.  If the Giants keep him on next year, they are essentially throwing away 1-4 games out of loyalty the way things are going.

Beckham needs to go back and look at film of Jerry Rice to understand that being the best is about more than making circus catches.  There's an expression I don't recall the origin of, but it goes "act like you've been there before".  If you act like a thugturd in the NFL, you are going to get abused, often and harshly.  Beckham is not only going to find it tough sledding the rest of this season, but he's going to have to probably deal with overly aggressive DB play next season as well until he figures out how to change his ways.

As for suspension, the Giants should absolutely let him serve any suspension now rather than carry it into next season.  Fantasy owners be damned.

Rabbit ears will be Odell's downfall ,teams will continue to feed it too. He will get more cheapshots than the average joe as well

Hahahaha, come on now with the drama. 

He took a running start and launched himself at 24, hitting him in the side of the head with the crown of his helmet.  He made a similar move earlier in the game during coverage, without the running start.

At the very least it is assault, but a case could be make that hitting someone viciously in the head with a weapon is attempting to kill them.

The problem isn't just him, it's that entire team and that's why Coughlin didn't pull him. He coaches this sh*t this year. They played dirty as **** against us two weeks ago too. Problem is someone diving into Brandon Marshall's back while he's laying on the ground isn't as big a story. 

Glad the wig got pulled back a little on them. It's been a long time coming. 

They should both be suspended.  OBJ should have been ejected.  Multiple infractions in the same game.  If you want to fight someone, get in the ring.  Not on the football field.

He took a running start and launched himself at 24, hitting him in the side of the head with the crown of his helmet.  He made a similar move earlier in the game during coverage, without the running start.

At the very least it is assault, but a case could be make that hitting someone viciously in the head with a weapon is attempting to kill them.

We can certainly make the thugturd argument no doubt, but attempted murder??  Come on man.  I agree he should've been tossed and he should be suspended.  I don't agree it's necessarily on Coughlin in the moment to do it.  You can't compare Mo Wilk sitting for a quarter for missing a meeting.  Mo Wilk is a solid cog in the Jets maching.  OBJ is the machine for the Giants, they're playing for the NFC east. 

Coughlin's going to have to put masking tape around his mouth and him in a straight jacket to talk to him.

Out of control, wild animal punk.

Allen Iverson of the NFL.

Needs to be shot with a dart gun.

Terrific player sh*t for brains wheres those comparisons this week comparing him to Jerry Rice 

We can certainly make the thugturd argument no doubt, but attempted murder??  Come on man.  I agree he should've been tossed and he should be suspended.  I don't agree it's necessarily on Coughlin in the moment to do it.  You can't compare Mo Wilk sitting for a quarter for missing a meeting.  Mo Wilk is a solid cog in the Jets maching.  OBJ is the machine for the Giants, they're playing for the NFC east. 

If you are afraid to pull an out of control player who is actively trying to seriously hurt an opposing player multiple times because you are trying to win a football game, then you are a terrible head coach and a terrible human being. 

Thought that the second it happened. Was suprised he didn't get ejected. It's brutal if a skinny WR hits you half speed on the head. But a lineman? Jeez...

If you are afraid to pull an out of control player who is actively trying to seriously hurt an opposing player multiple times because you are trying to win a football game, then you are a terrible head coach and a terrible human being. 

Oh wow, you know I've been watching the NFL for years thinking these guys were all Buddhist monks and charitable, benevolent folks!  I appreciate you shining the light on the deep dark secret of the NFL being full of thugs.  And all the while I thought Greg Hardy was just trying to show his girl she could have that blue eye shadow look without paying boutique store prices! 

Oh wow, you know I've been watching the NFL for years thinking these guys were all Buddhist monks and charitable, benevolent folks!  I appreciate you shining the light on the deep dark secret of the NFL being full of thugs.  And all the while I thought Greg Hardy was just trying to show his girl she could have that blue eye shadow look without paying boutique store prices! 

Apples and oranges.  But you know that. :rolleyes:

Agree Tom Coughlin gets so many passes because he's old and he's won 2 Super Bowls if this were the Jets they would be burning the coach and player at the stake in Times Square. 

The NFL doesn't care about this. Sh*t, some of the "faces" of the NFL are people who have been caught cheating multiple times. Others have been accused of rape, some steroid abusers, some accused of domestic violence. Odell is perfect to be the new face of the league.  

Agreed all you had to do was watch the game yesterday. Fox & the NFL showed the Beckham plays almost at every commercial break, For a league that is so hell bent on supposedly eliminating that garbage, you would have thought a call would have been placed to Fox - stop showing the plays over and over and over again. But in reality it  just exposes the NFL for what its ultimately concerned about $$$ and the concussion lawsuits - its could give 2 sh*ts about player safety.

OK guys, we're down by 2 points with a little over 2 minutes to go against NE this week.  Brandon Marshall somehow unleashes his old self the series prior and pulls and Odell.  The whole game he's been acting Odell-ish and finally pulls the final same move Odell did.  PIT or KC has lost meantime, so a win puts us in the drivers seat.  All of you would shut your TV's off and demand Bowles be fired if he puts Brandon out there?  Yeah, I didn't think so. 

Archived