Biggest game of the year and Brady chokes

AFJF

Had this precise talk with my Panthers friends today. Broncos D is really, really good. But it's not 85 Bears, 2000 Ravens or even peak Seahawks good.

Today was the best D in the league beating up a bad oline. They'll get to Cam next week too, and they will blitz, often. Phillips will bring everything he can at times...we'll have to see how he responds.

you have to spy Newtom with a LB.  If you spy him with a DB he'll run over that guy all day

The Broncos defense closed in and clamped down on all of the pesky little dink and dunk passes the Patriots typically use to move the chains. This confused Tommy Boy and forced him to look off his first and oftentimes second and third reads...it also enabled the Broncos pass rush to get to him as or before he could release the ball. It was nice to see Brady  flustered and frustrated for most of the game, and Wade Phillips dialed up a heck of a game plan and a good blueprint on how to beat the Pats. Peyton will get his share of the credit, but this game and really the entire season belongs to the Broncos defense.

The Broncos defense closed in and clamped down on all of the pesky little dink and dunk passes the Patriots typically use to move the chains. This confused Tommy Boy and forced him to look off his first and oftentimes second and third reads...it also enabled the Broncos pass rush to get to him as or before he could release the ball. It was nice to see Brady  flustered and frustrated for most of the game, and Wade Phillips dialed up a heck of a game plan and a good blueprint on how to beat the Pats. Peyton will get his share of the credit, but this game and really the entire season belongs to the Broncos defense.

About time someone did 

yeah the pats OL is horrible.  How does Denver get such a consistent pass rush with just 3 down linemen?  Lol

the bronies weren't even blitzing if they had blitzed Brady would probably have gotten killed literally 

Denver exposed the pats inexperienced OL. Belichick is really good at gameplanning around pass rush with the short game but speed kills and Brady had nowhere to go with the ball in the end

Also doesn't help that they had an awful oline. Brady/Gronk are great...but you need better than average pieces elsewhere. Last year they had a great D and production at RB. Between injuries, FA departures and that not really improving anywhere from last year this is what you get.

There were plays where Von Miller was past the tackle and he was just getting out of his stance.   It was impressive and sad at the same time.

According to many here, the Pats are complete failures; no matter how you play during the year, if you loose one 'important' game you suck and are failures.

All joking aside, and I would never compare Fitz to Brady, but I am glad that Pats lost as I didn't want to hear all of the Pats hype for the next 2 weeks.

I think they should make a rule next year, however, that if a QB were to just throw the ball away to avoid a sack without a WR around, there should be some type of flag. Just my opinion.

Geno would never get that penalty.

Brady and Palmer faced the 2 best D's in the league, on the road, battling for the Super Bowl.  Not exactly the same as facing the 15th ranked D, in the regular season when one team has nothing to lose and the other has the playoffs to lose.

But I like what's going on in here. 

Presumably everyone has the same access to it as Brady does, Manning's recent protestations to the contrary. And he is falling apart. Brady's very strict diet must have some influence. This doesn't mention "no sugar" which I have also heard is part of it.  He should keep going for at least another 4 years is my guess. 

Youre joking, right?

w/ an undermanned team he had his team on the doorstep of the SB and led what should have been a game winning or game tying drive if: his HC decides to kick a FG earlier or if his K makes a PAT.  even when he struggles he gives his team a chance.

I guess it was the OL coach that choked.

Or rather, that GOT choked afterwards. ;)

He got screwed in all reality.  Patriots line was depleted.  They started an NFL record 14 different O-line combinations this season because their GM had no depth.

He got screwed in all reality.  Patriots line was depleted.  They started an NFL record 14 different O-line combinations this season because their GM had no depth.

Brady has been the beneficiary of ridiculous protection and holding that goes uncalled by his o-line over the years, and in light of all the controversy and Super Bowl victories that surround him, to say he was screwed is a joke. 

Brady has been the beneficiary of ridiculous protection and holding that goes uncalled by his o-line over the years, and in light of all the controversy and Super Bowl victories that surround him, to say he was screwed is a joke. 

I was referring to the O-line coach who had nothing to work with.

Archived