Peyton Manning would like to keep playing.

joewilly12

15 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Looked into this. Signs are pointing to Los Angeles Rams. But this is all talk for now.

That could have an interesting effect on the Jets as it would remove the Rams as a team likely to go QB in the 1st round. 

14 minutes ago, maury77 said:

That could have an interesting effect on the Jets as it would remove the Rams as a team likely to go QB in the 1st round. 

Less likely to put a bid in for Fitz too

48 minutes ago, maury77 said:

That it does. Imagine if they had Wilk on they're line as stacked as it already is. Woah. We'll gladly take that 1st rounder though. I mean, I would.

6 hours ago, maury77 said:

Signing the ghost of Peyton Manning does not mean the Rams wouldn't use a top pick on a QB. I think it increases the chances. Who better for the young guy to learn from?

6 hours ago, maury77 said:

I don't think so. They still take a qb and let him sit a year while manning embarrasses himself

1 hour ago, neckdemon said:

I don't think so. They still take a qb and let him sit a year while manning embarrasses himself

Why sign Peyton Manning unless you are going to try to make a run for the SB? They will go QB early, but they will likely look for a more immediate impact player. 

7 hours ago, ljr said:

Less likely to put a bid in for Fitz too

Just this. Signing Manning doesn't stop them from drafting a QB in the first. I don't even consider him to be a short term solution, but he's definitely not a long term solution. 

5 hours ago, The Troll said:

He just loves the game too much. Bless you, Peyton, but it's over.

Yeah he loves getting paid $19M over a 6 month span is what he loves. Unless one thinks he also loves Papa John's or Nationwide Insurance too much. Plus the endorsements do dry up the longer it's been since he's taken the field, so tack an extra year of high-dollar endorsement deals onto the $19M (even though that $ will only be fully realized years down the road).

If he was looking at $7M to start for a non-contender this year, or $3M to be a backup, there is no chance he'd return no matter how much he "loves the game too much." If he just wants to be around the game there are dozens of teams that would hire him in a heartbeat in a coaching capacity for that lower salary.

It's not as simple a decision as whether he feels he has it in him for another season. It's whether he thinks it's worth it to play one more year for another $20M+ in income, love of the game aside.

10 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Peyton Manning “would like to keep playing,” Schefter says

Uh oh this could get interesting Brett Favre II 

at least Favre could still play late in his career, manning should just ride off into the sunset after that SB he was handed.  

7 hours ago, The Troll said:

He just loves the game too much. Bless you, Peyton, but it's over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He loves the money even more. Where else can he make a quick $19M+ for doing a shoddy job?

He must have Archie in his ear telling him to take the money while he can.

As for the Rams, the LA rumors are a month old and come from nobody directly involved.

We should be rooting for Manning to play in 2016.  With the Eagles resigning Bradford and Manning going to a QB needy team (LA?), and Kaep probably staying put, it really would reduce the # of teams willing to take a flier on a round 1 QB. 

On 3/2/2016 at 7:30 AM, maury77 said:

Why sign Peyton Manning unless you are going to try to make a run for the SB? They will go QB early, but they will likely look for a more immediate impact player. 

if you want to make a run at a superbowl i think peyton is not the man to sign. he had very little to do with the broncos winning

55 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

if you want to make a run at a superbowl i think peyton is not the man to sign. he had very little to do with the broncos winning

I agree with you. Personally, I think Manning is shot and should retire. But why else would the Rams sign him unless it was purely a stunt to entice people to buy tickets? It's not like Manning is a long term solution. 

Archived