Jets Rumored to be Interested in Kaepernick

Jetfan13

1 minute ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Everbody is entitled to their opinion and I respect yours, but Winstons was a 1st round pick. Do you thinks the Bucs are going to let him sit on the bench

That's just it. Why draft Winston if they already had their franchise QB in Glennon?

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whats the argument here? were talking about a QB. The rarest and most sought after of all positions

Kap for a 2nd rounder would be a gift from god. The jets are going to blow the 2nd pick anyway......don't get mad, just face the truth. they will pick some loser with unknowns... might as well know what your getting into. You get that with Kap. Hes got skills

Just like Fitz.....sometimes a change of scenery is all one needs to get a second shot and shine. This dude, if he gets here and is reborn, could be the best qb weve seen in decades. Plus, it would be reasonable money. and hes still young. Draft some OL help and wed have a pretty scary offense!

If he comes and craps the bed, whats the harm? .....the second rounder will bust or maybe become a jag     We apparently have limited options right now anyway

10 minutes ago, Maxman said:

This franchise also got rid of a pretty successful coach. So getting rid of a QB is small next to that.

First they battled with the HC publicly.  Then they dumped him, put a moron in charge who refused to run the offense his QB succeeded under and they lost almost all of Kaeps weapons over the course of his last two seasons.

People forget how well he played when he led them to the first NFCCG, then the SB and another NFCCG

4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Are we really going to look at Chip Kelly and say he's a good NFL talent evaluator?

This is a man that got rid of EVERY talented player on his roster.

No but Kaepernick was benched before Kelly showed up. You look at Kaepernick's play last year and tell me how good he looked.

Just now, rex-n-effect said:

No but Kaepernick was benched before Kelly showed up. You look at Kaepernick's play last year and tell me how good he looked.

the 49ers have been the most dysfunctional organization in the NFL over the past two year...Well, Cleveland has been worse.  Any personal decisions they made must be viewed with that understanding.

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

the 49ers have been the most dysfunctional organization in the NFL over the past two year...Well, Cleveland has been worse.  Any personal decisions they made must be viewed with that understanding.

Like I said, look at his performance yourself and make an independent assessment. No need to factor in the opinions of anybody involved with the 49ers to get there.

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

They have to pay Fitzpatrick, so the difference between the cap hit next year for both will only be a few million dollars.

I would roll the dice on Kap.

Kap might even be cheaper than resigning Fitz but i don't think our QB situation is as terrible as many others on the forum.

14 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Reports are saying San Francisco wants a 2nd round pick and he will restructure his contract. 

Macc you have to make this deal, do whatever you have to. 

This is the closest we've been linked to a franchise QB in years.

Risk and Reward

Jets might do it, depending on how much faith they have in Bryce.

I would like to see what Petty could do, I liked what Gruden said about

him, down the road, after Mac and Bowles are fired for going with Fitz,

maybe we get an offensive coach who can utilize a guy like Petty, once

the game slows down for him, I believe he will be fine.

Just now, 77DRAFT said:

Jets might do it, depending on how much faith they have in Bryce.

I would like to see what Petty could do, I liked what Gruden said about

him, down the road, after Mac and Bowles are fired for going with Fitz,

maybe we get an offensive coach who can utilize a guy like Petty, once

the game slows down for him, I believe he will be fine.

Geno or Petty ok by me but if Kaep is available cheap and we dont grab him we really question this organization

The Cleveland Plain Dealer's Mary Kay Cabot reports the Browns are willing to trade a third-round pick for Colin Kaepernick, but they want the quarterback to restructure his deal.

NFL Network's Mike Silver reported Friday the 49ers and Browns "are in general agreement" about trade compensation, but the talks between Cleveland and Kaepernick's reps have not progressed far enough to "green-light" the trade. Kaepernick reportedly wants to play for Browns coach Hue Jackson, and it appears he can get his wish by agreeing to a pay cut. As one of the likeliest landing spots for the top quarterbacks in the draft, Cleveland acquiring Kaepernick would have significant ramifications at the top of the first round.

14 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The Cleveland Plain Dealer's Mary Kay Cabot reports the Browns are willing to trade a third-round pick for Colin Kaepernick, but they want the quarterback to restructure his deal.

NFL Network's Mike Silver reported Friday the 49ers and Browns "are in general agreement" about trade compensation, but the talks between Cleveland and Kaepernick's reps have not progressed far enough to "green-light" the trade. Kaepernick reportedly wants to play for Browns coach Hue Jackson, and it appears he can get his wish by agreeing to a pay cut. As one of the likeliest landing spots for the top quarterbacks in the draft, Cleveland acquiring Kaepernick would have significant ramifications at the top of the first round.

I will certainly be disappointed if it turns out we could have gotten him for a 2nd and he was willing to restructure his contract...

But I have faith in Mac

18 hours ago, rex-n-effect said:

Like I said, look at his performance yourself and make an independent assessment. No need to factor in the opinions of anybody involved with the 49ers to get there.

So NFCCG, SB and NFCCG should be dismissed and no WRs, his HC shlt on by the FO and Tomosullo should be what we draw a conclusion from?  

Hes played great before but playing under an idiot is the time frame that we should asses? 

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I will certainly be disappointed if it turns out we could have gotten him for a 2nd and he was willing to restructure his contract...

But I have faith in Mac

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

So NFCCG, SB and NFCCG should be dismissed and no WRs, his HC shlt on by the FO and Tomosullo should be what we draw a conclusion from?  

Hes played great before but playing under an idiot is the time frame that we should asses? 

Agree this is the closest we've been to a franchise QB in years need him on this team. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Agree this is the closest we've been to a franchise QB in years need him on this team. 

Could they sign RGIII first and trade for Kaep? Seems like they're serious about RGIII 

7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

But I have faith in Mac

if the browns trade for kap, they probably don't take a qb #2.  that means someone like goff may actually fall to the jets, and even more of a possibility that lynch does.  

Just now, Augustiniak said:

if the browns trade for kap, they probably don't take a qb #2.  that means someone like goff may actually fall to the jets, and even more of a possibility that lynch does.  

I think Goff & Wentz are gone before 20 even if Cleveland does get Kaep and pass on a QB.  LA, Philly & SF are probably all going QB.  That takes out the big 3 but you never know.  Who thought we'd get a chance at LWilliams last year? 

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

after being benched last season, if kaep was a jet and fitzpatrick a 9er, you would already have changed your avatar to a leprechaun with a 4 leaf clover and painted your face green

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

after being benched last season, if kaep was a jet and fitzpatrick a 9er, you would already have changed your avatar to a leprechaun with a 4 leaf clover and painted your face green

Come on Larz you know Kaep would be great here. 

The Akron Beacon Journal reports Colin Kaepernick has balked at taking a major pay cut to join the Browns because he's "not impressed" with how the team has handled free agency.

Cleveland has basically punted free agency, losing Mitchell Schwartz, Tashaun Gipson, Travis Benjamin and Alex Mack in a span of a few days. Kaepernick is interested in playing for head coach Hue Jackson but not if Cleveland can't be competitive. According to reports, if the Broncos approached Kaepernick with a contract similar to the one Cleveland is offering, he'd sign it "without hesitation." It's looking like Cleveland may have to endure another year with Josh McCown as the starting quarterback.

Archived