Lions Sign Darrin Walls

CrazyCarl40

42 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Obviously the favorite to win it all this year now. I'm going to need some time, you guys. Please send thoughts and prayers to me in this time of loss.

Good luck with your new team I'm sure the Lions message board will welcome you with open arms. 

1 hour ago, Greenseed4 said:

Not if his contract is based on someday potential. (Not "current" potential...someday potential). 

Better yet if payable in someday dollars.  You'd swear that Matt Millen never left the building.

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Whoa. Hey. Do you have any idea how much talent it takes to give up two TDs per game and still end up with a perfect PFF score???

Aside from none of that being true, you'll be sorry when Milliner goes down, Skrine continues to be exposed, and Marcus Williams turns out not as good as everyone wants him to be. Solid, cheap depth is nothing to scoff at in the NFL today. Jets probably just couldn't afford him. Sounds like he'll get a chance to start in Detroit.

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Aside from none of that being true, you'll be sorry when Milliner goes down, Skrine continues to be exposed, and Marcus Williams turns out not as good as everyone wants him to be. Solid, cheap depth is nothing to scoff at in the NFL today. Jets probably just couldn't afford him. Sounds like he'll get a chance to start in Detroit.

That's a long way from "He can start for any other team in the league"

Just now, Thor99 said:

That's a long way from "He can start for any other team in the league"

Don't think I ever said that. I said many other teams in the league.

In all seriousness, the Jets have a depth at CB issue and it's going to have to be addressed, probably via the draft.

3 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

He's a special teams player only, nothing more.

Texans didn't even offer him a tender.

Morris played in 11 games last season for the Texans and started once, recording a career-high 30 tackles with one interception, seven pass deflections and one tackle for a loss.

I liked Darin Walls - inconsistent though... what i like about him though - good size, very physical, great speed, good press coverage and he's explosive. What i dont like : hands aren't that good, very very inconsistent hands.... get constantly beat on double moves,

All in all he's a special teams player who provides depth at corner for a team... so the contract they gave him kind of blows me away.

Archived