Jason Cole confirms Jets tried to trade for the first pick and still looking to trade up for a QB

Jetsbb

53 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Cole is a douche that will write anything to  try to get people to read his crap. 

Just sign Fitz and stop ******* around. None of the QBs this year are worth trading up that far. 

Seriously.  I just dont understand how they think any of these QB's are worth mortgaging the future.  It's bizarre.  And you saw the cost it will take which is ridiculous.  

Hoyer will be the Jets QB.  You just watch. 

10 minutes ago, JiF said:

Seriously.  I just dont understand how they think any of these QB's are worth mortgaging the future.  It's bizarre.  And you saw the cost it will take which is ridiculous.  

Honestly at this point I just want to open the site and see 100 people arguing about  who they just signed as QB. Fitz or Hoyer. I don't care. Just ******* do it already. 

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

Cole is a douche that will write anything to  try to get people to read his crap. 

Just sign Fitz and stop ******* around. None of the QBs this year are worth trading up that far. 

This presumes we would have a future with Fitzpatrick, or in the absence of drafting a QB we can get.

Think about it. Deep, huh?

I disagree .

26 minutes ago, JiF said:

This is my real fear.

Spring Tarpon, caught by a friend

12961602_483580595163779_653259687646990

28 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Honestly at this point I just want to open the site and see 100 people arguing about  who they just signed as QB. Fitz or Hoyer. I don't care. Just ******* do it already. 

YOU CARE!!!!!!!!!!!!

21 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Sign Hoyer -> Win 3-5 Games -> Address QB at top of 2017 Draft.

Sold.

Better off trying Geno or Petty if that's the logic, IMO.  Hoyer just took a sh*tty Texans team to the playoffs. 

11 minutes ago, flgreen said:

This is my real fear.

Damn!  Nice catch!

29 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

This presumes we would have a future with Fitzpatrick, or in the absence of drafting a QB we can get.

Think about it. Deep, huh?

Fitz is nothing more then a fill in for a year or two till they can find a QB without giving away the next few years of drafts. 

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Who are his 'sauces'?

Pauline

Follow Cole's "inside info"  See how many actually come to fact.    

Jets are certainly profiling as a team that is going to take a QB in 1st.   Have a feeling it's a big smoke screen.  Just to obvious.

47 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I do think the Jets would move up to take a QB as long as Mo wilk is part of the trade.

Agree. It's a rare opportunity to get more trade value than a player could return even up. Usually when a player has this level trade value he stays on the team. Drafting 3 round 1 DT/DEs after Mo, 2 of them in the top 13 and still very much on the roster, makes him more expendable. Like it or not, and I can sympathize with the many fans who do not, if we can parlay him into a QB we'd otherwise miss out on, it's a no-brainer. Unless they turn into busts, lol. Then it was stupid and I'll say we should have taken [some player] that turned out to be great. :) 

53 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Pauline

Follow Cole's "inside info"  See how many actually come to fact.    

Jets are certainly profiling as a team that is going to take a QB in 1st.   Have a feeling it's a big smoke screen.  Just to obvious.

i agree it's "too obvious", but so are their needs.  they need an olb and they're bringing them in for visits.  they need qbs and they're bringing them in.  they need a tackle and they're bringing them in too.  

Fitz is nothing more then a fill in for a year or two till they can find a QB without giving away the next few years of drafts. 

If he's only a fill in who is incapable of making us contenders, then there's no future with him anyway. I'm on board with him being a fill-in while the already drafted young QB is learning. I'm not ok with re-signing him and skipping out on drafting one which means there is no hope of replacing him until there is a draft with a QB - one who we could have a shot at - at some point in the future. 

What if next year the QB class is even worse than you think this year's is? And then the year after that the are only 2 QBs again, going 1-2, and we don't have the ammo to move up from #20-ish again? At that point, too much of the future you want to save has been wasted away. There is no "giving away the next few years of drafts" which has never happened so we wouldn't be the first. At most, it's this year and next year - 2 drafts not "a few" - and it wouldn't cost us that anyway because we have Mo to trade instead of more pick(s).

Trading Mo is - to me, anyway - what makes a trade-up appealing. The idea is that we don't have to surrender 2 #1 picks and more, or 3 #1 picks, or whatever jaw-dropping compensation one fears is required. 

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

If he's only a fill in who is incapable of making us contenders, then there's no future with him anyway. I'm on board with him being a fill-in while the already drafted young QB is learning. I'm not ok with re-signing him and skipping out on drafting one which means there is no hope of replacing him until there is a draft with a QB - one who we could have a shot at - at some point in the future. 

What if next year the QB class is even worse than you think this year's is? And then the year after that the are only 2 QBs again, going 1-2, and we don't have the ammo to move up from #20-ish again? At that point, too much of the future you want to save has been wasted away. There is no "giving away the next few years of drafts" which has never happened so we wouldn't be the first. At most, it's this year and next year - 2 drafts not "a few" - and it wouldn't cost us that anyway because we have Mo to trade instead of more pick(s).

Trading Mo is - to me, anyway - what makes a trade-up appealing. The idea is that we don't have to surrender 2 #1 picks and more, or 3 #1 picks, or whatever jaw-dropping compensation one fears is required. 

If we can trade Mo and move up I'm all for it but I don't think it's smart to move up to number two to get a division two QB. The cost is to high. 

2 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

If we can trade Mo and move up I'm all for it but I don't think it's smart to move up to number two to get a division two QB. The cost is to high. 

I hear ya. I think it depends on how much more we have to give up. My guess is Cleveland wants some of what Tennessee got, which is quite a risk. You move up that much for a QB and he IS your our no matter what. It means we're not even looking next year, and probably not the year after that unless he is arrested or causes Manziel-level distractions. But if it's our #1, Mo, and something much less, like a #2 next year - and I doubt that would get it done - then I think it's worth a try. 

Problem with not seeing the future isn't just not seeing which one of these kids - if any - will turn into what we want. It's also we don't know who - if anybody - we'd now be signing up for passing on next year. 

7 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I hear ya. I think it depends on how much more we have to give up. My guess is Cleveland wants some of what Tennessee got, which is quite a risk. You move up that much for a QB and he IS your our no matter what. It means we're not even looking next year, and probably not the year after that unless he is arrested or causes Manziel-level distractions. But if it's our #1, Mo, and something much less, like a #2 next year - and I doubt that would get it done - then I think it's worth a try. 

Problem with not seeing the future isn't just not seeing which one of these kids - if any - will turn into what we want. It's also we don't know who - if anybody - we'd now be signing up for passing on next year. 

It's only been 44 years for me so I'm still patiently waiting. 

4 hours ago, New York Mick said:

They don't have the cap space right now to sign Fitz. 

Once they trade Mo next week they will

7 minutes ago, C Mart said:

They don't have the cap space right now to sign Fitz. 

Once they trade Mo next week they will

You guys are still clinging onto if the jets had space he would of already of been signed? The jets had 9 million open up when brick retired yet gave 6 to clady instead. If jets wanted him signed so bad they would of given that money to fitztragic instead of clady 

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I do think the Jets would move up to take a QB as long as Mo wilk is part of the trade.

They have to move up ahead of SF and Philly. Even if Cleveland passes on Jared Goff, which I think they will, Dallas may take him. That leaves Paxton Lynch and while I think SF and Philly draft too early to take him, like the saying goes "If these is a guy you want and he is there you take him." Jets would need to trade up to at least number 6 to get Lynch. 

Archived