Rookie Minicamp & Rookie Numbers

32EBoozer

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

So Hackenberg has had some great passes and bad passes. In other words, he's a rookie QB

i wrote this up there - he reminds me of eli entering the nfl.  half of eli's years his completion % was below 60% but b/c he threw a good deep ball he was effective.  that's how i view hack, although it remains to be seen how he can improve with improved mechanics over time.

1 minute ago, #bman said:

You cant teach accuracy. You either have it or you don't. Did he have accuracy issues in year 1 at PSU? He'll get by though b/c of his monster arm.

He was just under 60% his freshman year in an offense that featured a lot of midrange and deep passes.  But he does seem to be weakest on the short stuff and screens.

1 minute ago, #bman said:

You cant teach accuracy. You either have it or you don't. Did he have accuracy issues in year 1 at PSU? He'll get by though b/c of his monster arm.

I disagree.

Like a pitcher in baseball, find the right arm slot and repitition.

His mechanics are off. If you watch Brady, same motion, same arm slot, feet under him.... fire away.

16 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

hackenberg reminds me of eli manning.  never the most accurate, but clearly dangerous.  put him in an offense that has weapons, and he'll score tds.  just don't expect 65% completion year in and out.  

We might want to give it more than his first handful of passes at his first rookie practice to get a handle on what or who he reminds us of.  

12 minutes ago, #bman said:

Goff as a fresh completed 60.4 pct of his passes, Hack as a fresh completed 58.9 pct. Just about the same. 

Like 90pct of college QBs, Goff's comp pct increased every year. Hack's dropped. But again, Hack's dropped for reasons, MOSTLY, out of his control. PSU was playing with half a team and zero Oline thanks to sanctions. If you follow college football you will see that EVERY QB's comp pct goes up year after year. But then again most have to deal with the type of sanctions and lack of scholarship athletes Hack had to deal with. 

If Hack had played with top tier talent, I am 90pct sure you would have seen significantly higher Comp pcts. It's foolish to look at his stats without taking the entire situation into account. 

4 minutes ago, #bman said:

You definitely can teach accuracy.  Usually its due to footwork issues and footwork sure can be improved

1 hour ago, Colgateman said:

I wonder who messed up on that third pass by hack, either he threw a bad pass or the receiver ran a bad route

Hard to tell but it sort of looks like timing to me, which is to be expected first day on the job.  Hack put it in the area code but it looks like receiver is just late getting to the destination on the comeback.

Titus davis is an interesting guy, broke all of AB84's records at central Michigan, but hasn't stuck in the NFL.

antonio brown was also a guy who stayed up day and night working to become great, probably gonna take the same for Davis.

Idk what it is but I just have this feeling about hackenberg. Like that he's going to end up being pretty good qb for us for a long time. Not that it means anything.....I didn't have any good feelings about sanchez or geno. 

3 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

Idk what it is but I just have this feeling about hackenberg. Like that he's going to end up being pretty good qb for us for a long time. Not that it means anything.....I didn't have any good feelings about sanchez or geno. 

I know what your saying, but I would not get your hopes up. Some people who really know their shizz think differently. Plus, he threw some bad passes today, pretty good QB's don't throw bad passes.

WHAT ABOUT THE AUSSIES?!?!?!?!!?

We got a legit leg competition for Punter and no word?!?!??!

We need a punter and those two damn rookies are probably in a corner of the locker room fighting over the last spoonful of Vegemite 

vege-story.jpg

Friggin' Wallabees, they should be at their necks for the roster spot :-)

Wallaby-fighting-Tasmania.jpg

3 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

I know what your saying, but I would not get your hopes up. Some people who really know their shizz think differently. Plus, he threw some bad passes today, pretty good QB's don't throw bad passes.

Every QB throws bad passes.

did you see Palmer in the NFC CC or Brady in the afc championship? 

In case anyone is looking to compare, reports from Denver Rookie Camp are that Lynch's throws were quite erratic.  per Kubiak "He was swimming initially". It was reported that his footwork and timing were way off. All his snaps were under center, which Lynch hadn't done since his freshman year of college.

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

So Hackenberg has had some great passes and bad passes. In other words, he's a rookie QB

Not good enough.   He needed to memorize the play book and play at a HOF level immediately.   Otherwise he's a huge bust.   ? 

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

In case anyone is looking to compare, reports from Denver Rookie Camp are that Lynch's throws were quite erratic.  

I usually don't wish guys to have bad careers, but I am hoping that Lynch has lower career statistics than Hackenberg, so we don't end up getting ****ed and made fun of by other teams for years again.

51 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

I hope you're right.  I never liked Sanchez, but I must admit I really liked Geno Smith coming out of college.  Thought he'd be really good for us. I don't think I've ever been more disappointed in a player that we drafted, and as we all know, there are plenty to get disappointed about.

9 minutes ago, Dcat said:

In case anyone is looking to compare, reports from Denver Rookie Camp are that Lynch's throws were quite erratic.  per Kubiak "He was swimming initially". It was reported that his footwork and timing were way off. All his snaps were under center, which Lynch hadn't done since his freshman year of college.

That helps![-o<

50 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

WHAT ABOUT THE AUSSIES?!?!?!?!!?

We got a legit leg competition for Punter and no word?!?!??!

We need a punter and those two damn rookies are probably in a corner of the locker room fighting over the last spoonful of Vegemite 

vege-story.jpg

Friggin' Wallabees, they should be at their necks for the roster spot :-)

Wallaby-fighting-Tasmania.jpg

Agreed. I don't think I've even been so excited about a punting competition!

7 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

I usually don't wish guys to have bad careers, but I am hoping that Lynch has lower career statistics than Hackenberg, so we don't end up getting ****ed and made fun of by other teams for years again.

It is easy to get caught up in that, but different teams, stadiums, divisions, players, and coaches; one player's success (or failures) cannot be assigned to another. NY is not an easy place to play. Currently they have a better offense and defense than us, so of course, given the right situation, the great home field advantage, etc. Lynch could succeed in Denver even if he couldn't here.

But I get what you are saying...

Archived