Don Maynard was a beast.

Villain The Foe

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

The NFL has been showing the Jets alot of love over the summer, releasing all types of footage. Just came across this. Wish I would have been able to see these guys play. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPTlkr2upTo

Yeah things sure have changed. Most of these guys today wouldn't last a quarter. Marshall is a bit of a throwback. 

Watch Snell if you want to see tough...Freaking whiners nowadays...oh my knee was down. Used to have to get them down and hold them down. Pile on then you pull off the pile and see who has the ball. 

1 hour ago, Larz said:

even a frenchman ?

1 hour ago, Larz said:

and matt jones ran 4.3

1 hour ago, Larz said:

ryan swope 4.3

1 hour ago, Larz said:

kevin curtis 4.3

1 hour ago, Larz said:

don beebe 4.21

Each from Eastern Bloc nations, renowned for rampant steroid usage.

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Namath and Lamonica are worth what Ryan Fitzpatrick thinks he is worth.

Lamonica was throwing to warren wells and Fred belitnikoff - and we had Maynard and Souer, kc chiefs Otis Taylor and Frank Pitts with qb lenny Dawson - those were amazing tandems. Boy, I loved the AFL

That was my favorite Jets game ever, it was an emotional roller-coaster and  Shea was rocking. Maynard was the toughest SOB I ever saw play. He took hits ( a lot of them real late) that I thought he wouldn't get back up from. That 4 qtr throw Namath made to him was the best pass Joe ever threw and Maynard made a great clutch catch.

I said i was done w/the Jets until Woody sells the team but I had to comment on the you tube video and as long as I took the time to logon a few questions and comments.

One question for the pro-Geno crowd. Did you watch him play his 1st two seasons? If you did and still want him to start then that's just sad and borderline delusional. Geno is one of the worst QB's the Jets ever put on the field and that saying something.

Another question about last seasons playoff make or break game vs the hated out of contention Bills coached by the hated ex-coach Rex Ryan. How come Fitz gets all the blame and it's never mentioned that the team came out flat and lethargic and that the game plan sucked? No adjustments were made during the game, that's on the coaching staff.

Watching just 6 minutes of this game you see at least two roughing the QB penalties on Ben Davidson and another late hit on Namath when he was out of bounds by at least 3 yards.  Anyone questioning Namath being in the HOF based on his stats should be forced to watch some of these games. One tough dude... 

Archived