Fitzpatrick signed- 1 year 12 mill fully guaranteed

Matt39

Just now, Xtina said:

And those are very big cons, especially the FO negotiating against themselves and caving. Working out? Judging by his golf picture, heck no. 

They did not negotiate against themselves. Fitz's agent wanted 18m. Fitz comprimised that to 12m. Jets came up to meet him. Mac wins

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

Fitz is probably moving to a place with 24hr security.  He knows what's coming this year.  Same thing that happens whenever a team is gullible enough to pay big for him.  He doesn't want to be cleaning eggs off his house Monday mornings.

pay big ?  this is a 1 year "prove it" deal. 

• 1) Ben Roethlisberger, $35.25 million.
  • 2) Cam Newton, $31 million.
  • 3) Matt Ryan, $23.5 million.
  • 4) Jay Cutler, $20.5 million.
  • 5) Drew Brees, $19 million.
  • 6) Eli Manning, $17.5 million.
  • 7) Tony Romo, $17 million.

Just now, Larz said:

Look at those names bro. 

THATS THE PROBLEM! lol. 

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

All offseason we were told the Jets secretly were fine with the QBs on the roster. Nope. Actions have spoken louder at every turn. 

Macc and Fitz just silenced the doubters. Now we silence the AFC East.

This.

Many of us said it a million times.  EVERY. SINGLE. THING. the FO has DONE since getting here tells us they don't want Geno.  Yes, during interviews they said nice things about him...shocking.

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

It's "big" for an 11 year loser.

44 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Per Cimini...Jets offer was $8 million, Fitz waited from them to bump it up which they did, to $12 million.

So in other words it could have been anything and Dick was just grasping at straws. 

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Sources: Jets imposed 7 pm deadline or deal was off table. Ryan Fitzpatrick arrived at facility to accept offer at... 7 pm. Just perfect.

56 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

lol. That shows some balls by Macc.

All this shows is sour grapes.

The $12 million guaranteed, 1-year deal was Fitzpatrick's stated floor for nearly 2 months.  The Jets wanted Fitzpatrick at a $15 million guaranteed, 3-year deal.  The two sides have been staring each other down ever since, waiting for the other to blink first. 

And it's clear now, that the Jets were the supplicant.

That's business, and this ridiculous "Fitzpatrick caved in to us, so we could acquiesce to his demands"....it's a petty move that - if I were a Jet fan - I would hope it came from the scribes.  Fundamentally, it misinterprets the purpose of negotiation, and the reason why two sides of professional temperament can bury the hatchet so easily when the ink dries.  Moreover, journalists have bigger egos than even superstar players, and are notoriously insecure because - deep down - they know they lack the achievements to support their own self-aggrandizement. 

On the other hand, if this amateurism came from anywhere within the Front Office, let alone the GM or the Owner, it sheds an unflattering light on the Jets organization (not that many people don't suspect this already). 

For my part, I'm inclined to believe that's it's mostly journalists and media employees in the Jets organization trying to save face, as this kind of parting shot is rather typical for their culture.

28 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Rappoport:

Jimmy Sexton was demanding $18 million

Fitzpatrick knew he'd sign if the offer got to $12 million

Jets increased offer to what Fitz wanted, not what the agent was asking for.

Mac wins

Both sides stated their starting bids, which are typically hi-lo.  Once Fitzpatrick's floor was clearly too far apart from the Maccagnan's ceiling,  it became a staring match to see which side would fold, right down to the wire.

The Jets folded.

53 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Per Cimini...Jets offer was $8 million, Fitz waited from them to bump it up which they did, to $12 million.

So in other words it could have been anything and Dick was just grasping at straws. 

7 minutes ago, Larz said:

did you lose a bet ?  who cares !  its a 1 year deal !  

Lol... give me a day or two and I'll be all aboard the Fitz train.  I'm dealing with denial and grief now.  Really do think it was a huge mistake.

Just hope Fitz proves me wrong.

Archived