Pre Season Jets-Redskins Game Thread

joewilly12

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That drive actually kind of tells you exactly why they gave Geno another one.  Despite many Jets' fans hate for Geno, the team was going to give him a chance to show whether he could turn it around, as opposed to judging him in this case based entirely on that one awful play.  Geno just went out there and proved that play was not an aberration.  Now in the second half Petty has to show them something.

12 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Geno look like he wants out.

If you mean "wants out of the NFL" then, yeah, he looks like he wants out.  This is not the type of performance you want on an already sh*tty resume.

Just now, Bleedin Green said:

That drive actually kind of tells you exactly why they gave Geno another one.  Despite many Jets' fans hate for Geno, the team was going to give him a chance to show whether he could turn it around, as opposed to judging him in this case based entirely on that one awful play.  Geno just went out there and proved that play was not an aberration.  Now in the second half Petty has to show them something.

Well, that's why they are coaches - and we are the ninnies complaining on the internet. :)

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Disgusting first half. 

I counted ZERO good looking plays. ONE completely flat football team. THREE joewillywinky jinx-related injuries.

Lac Edwards looked great, and Burris had a nice PBU....that's all I got.

Just now, Bleedin Green said:

its been 4 years , he had many awful plays

1 minute ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Has it just been Powell and Bohanon at RB?

Yup. Hope Khiry Robinson gets in next week. Not only because we are we super thin at RB, but I also think it was a sneaky nice acquisition by Macc.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Well, that's why they are coaches - and we are the ninnies complaining on the internet. :)

That sounds about right.  As much as many here saying otherwise, I really did not see Geno being in any real risk.  Bowles and Gailey clearly both have their own preference for some additional experience at the position, which gave him an advantage.  But he's giving them every reason to question that, especially if Petty can continue to show improvement.

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Yup. Hope Khiry Robinson gets in next week. Not only because we are we super thin at RB, but I also think it was a sneaky nice acquisition by Macc.

OK thanks for the info.

I cant see the game up here.

3 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

its been 4 years , he had many awful plays

For us fans, yes.  But the coaching staff has seen very little of that in front of them, and in the end, he's the only other QB on this roster with any experience.  They want him to prove he's the best option as backup QB, he's just not doing such a good job at that.

Its at the point that I will wonder if this regime knows what they are doing if Geno is on the roster this season. If Fitz got hurt, they would literally be better off taking a knee than letting Geno play QB.

Archived