Khiry Robinson out for the year/waived

Matt39

Robinson reportedly re-injured the broken leg which he suffered last November. With Robinson gone, Matt Forte's hold on the short-yardage work appears much more secure. New York also waived CB Dexter McDougle, DB Ronald Martin, and RB Dominique Williams.

3 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Karlos Williams more likely now?

Exactly my thoughts. I know its hindsight, but really, its not like Jets fans really wanted this guy, but imagine if we drafted Kenneth Dixon and not Christian hackenberg. 

Atleast we'd have a 2nd round pick that would produce something on the field this year. 

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Exactly my thoughts. I know its hindsight, but really, its not like Jets fans really wanted this guy, but imagine that we drafted Kenneth Dixon and not Christian hackenberg? 

I don't mind QB draft picks.  Hack can definitely still turn out to be good.  QB is easily the most important and hardest spot to fill.

RBs?  Late round picks, UDFAs, waivers, FAs are all potential routes to fill the stable of RBs.

5 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

MAybe on the practice squad until he shows he can maintain his weight, and his motivation.

Not sure if he's practice squad eligible, but last year he was amazing and viewed the end zone like a safe house in a zombie apocalypse 

Ray Rice 

DAMMIT

Karlos Williams, RB, Bills. Age: 23. 

i

Wow, what a fall from grace. Eight months ago, Karlos Williams was coming off a terrific rookie campaign and seemed to be Buffalo's next great running back. He averaged 5.6 yards per carry and was more impressive than LeSean McCoy most of the time. Williams, however, showed up to training camp 25 pounds overweight and then was suspended. Williams may have gotten into trouble again, which prompted this release. Still, Williams is incredibly talented, so some team may decide to take a chance on him. 
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2016RB.php#gJT0jkp78Uwkg5B6.99

I think maybe they'll give the Seattle kid a shot. I was surprised that in that Philly game they gave the ball that much to Robinson. Considering he was just coming back I felt they were maybe overusing him. But Robinson was supposed to replace Ivory and give us a power dimension. And like Ivory he came from the Saints. I'm concerned about the running game. On this team last year it sets up everything. 

The Jets paired the roster down to 53 players yesterday and they weren’t done making moves. They were awarded four waiver claims, so today they put RB Khiry Robinson on I.R. and waived three more players. Waived were S Ronald Martin, CB Dexter McDougle and RB Dominique Williams.

Losing Robinson is a pretty big blow to the offense, he was going to be the 3rd back but with Bilal Powell missing time last year and Matt Forte being on the wrong side of 30, his role was expected to be big.

The positional breakdown of the current roster is very strange and we expect that to change. They currently have 4 quarterbacks on the roster and 4 tight ends. Two of the tight ends are brand new so that looks like an open audition and speaks to the dissatisfaction Mac and Bowles had with Sudfeld and Amaro. So it is possible that one of the two new tight ends could be released when they have to make room for Sheldon Richardson next week.

Jets Announce Transactions

September 4, 2016 – The New York Jets acquired four players via waivers, waived three players and waived/injured RB Khiry Robinson with a broken right leg. The team also signed seven players to the practice squad.

Waiver Claims

Braedon Bowman (TE/6-4/240/South Alabama/Mesa, AZ) from JAX

Brian Parker (TE/6-4/265/Albany/Henrietta, NY) from KC

Troymaine Pope (RB/5-9/205/Jacksonville State/Anniston, AL) from SEA

Darryl Roberts (CB/6-0/182/Marshall/Lakeland, FL) from NE

Waived/Injured

Khiry Robinson (RB/6-0/220/West Texas A&M/Midland, TX)

Waived

Ronald Martin (S/6-2/220/Louisiana State/Plaquemine, LA)

Dexter McDougle (CB/5-10/195/Maryland/Falmouth, VA)

Dominique Williams (RB/5-9/205/Wagner College/Bridgeton, NJ)

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
3ZSCGC4XsF4

Click here to read the full story...

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Macc's first mistake as a GM expecting Robinson and Forte to solidify the running game here both injury prone. 

Im looking for a monster year from Powell 

Forte has missed 8 games in 8 years.  Injury prone?

15 minutes ago, Thor99 said:

Forte has missed 8 games in 8 years.  Injury prone?

Matt Forte injury history

Year Week NFL Team Injury Status Injury
2008 2 Chicago Bears Probable ankle
2009 4 Chicago Bears Probable knee
2011 11 Chicago Bears Probable shoulder
2011 14 Chicago Bears Out knee
2011 15 Chicago Bears Out knee
2011 16 Chicago Bears Out knee
2011 17 Chicago Bears IR knee
2011 18 Chicago Bears IR knee
2011 19 Chicago Bears IR knee
2011 20 Chicago Bears IR knee
2011 21 Chicago Bears IR knee
2012 3 Chicago Bears Out ankle
2012 4 Chicago Bears Questionable ankle
2012 5 Chicago Bears Probable ankle
2012 13 Chicago Bears Probable ankle
2012 17 Chicago Bears Probable ankle
2013 13 Chicago Bears Probable knee

27 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Matt Forte injury history

Year Week NFL Team Injury Status Injury
2008 2 Chicago Bears Probable ankle
2009 4 Chicago Bears Probable knee
2011 11 Chicago Bears Probable shoulder
2011 14 Chicago Bears Out knee
2011 15 Chicago Bears Out knee
2011 16 Chicago Bears Out knee
2011 17 Chicago Bears IR knee
2011 18 Chicago Bears IR knee
2011 19 Chicago Bears IR knee
2011 20 Chicago Bears IR knee
2011 21 Chicago Bears IR knee
2012 3 Chicago Bears Out ankle
2012 4 Chicago Bears Questionable ankle
2012 5 Chicago Bears Probable ankle
2012 13 Chicago Bears Probable ankle
2012 17 Chicago Bears Probable ankle
2013 13 Chicago Bears Probable knee

You know he played in 8 of those games, right?

It's  amazing how you convince yourself that these false narratives are true. 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Macc's first mistake as a GM expecting Robinson and Forte to solidify the running game here both injury prone. 

Im looking for a monster year from Powell 

Injury prone? 

Dont you have access to the Internet? 

Archived