Last day of chemo for Lauren today!!!!

Maxman

8 hours ago, The Crusher said:

That is so great to hear Boss.  Lauren is tougher than any player on the Jets and surrounded by a better team for sure. Your family. Love conquers all brother.

I showed her this post in the hospital today. Thanks for making her smile!

4 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Fantastic news. Your wife has bigger balls than I can ever hope to have. Now get out there in that RV and celebrate.

Plan on it. There is a chance we are closing on it tomorrow. Maybe it was the chemo playing tricks, but today she was talking about driving the RV to Disney for Christmas week. (And staying in a time share). If I heard her say that we were staying in the RV as a family for Christmas week I would have been worried, lol.

59 minutes ago, Ken Shroy said:

YES! Great to hear Max. I am actually flying up to Long Island this Saturday with my son for his 6 month checkup/tests with his oncologist. I am very hopeful. I am hopeful for your wife and family also.

Your family and your son are in my prayers! Here is to great news at the 6 month checkup. Please keep us posted! Thank you.

59 minutes ago, Ken Shroy said:

YES! Great to hear Max. I am actually flying up to Long Island this Saturday with my son for his 6 month checkup/tests with his oncologist. I am very hopeful. I am hopeful for your wife and family also.

I wish your son the best.  I sincerely hope he receives the best possible news this weekend.

Ring that Bell Lauren. A tradition at our hospital is to ring the large bell hanging in radiation oncology when you've had your last treatment. My wife has been cancer free for 5 years after battling Hodgkin's. Six months of chemo and than 6 weeks of radiation to clean up the leftovers. She still has some of the side effects today but it beats the alternative.

Great news and all the best.  

5 hours ago, TomsRiverJet said:

Ring that Bell Lauren. A tradition at our hospital is to ring the large bell hanging in radiation oncology when you've had your last treatment. My wife has been cancer free for 5 years after battling Hodgkin's. Six months of chemo and than 6 weeks of radiation to clean up the leftovers. She still has some of the side effects today but it beats the alternative.

Great news and all the best.  

Ringing that bell feels good. Awesome news on your wife! This all definitely provides a new perspective. Some side effects definitely beat the alternative.

We are closing on the RV this week. I joked with Lauren that when we get it I am just parking it in the driveway and sitting in it for 2 days. Told her I was probably watching the Jets in the driveway on Thursday. She said, I will watch the Jets with you.

She NEVER watches the jets.

At that point I thought, what exactly did they give you with this chemo. Something isn't right here. :)

We are closing on the RV this week. I joked with Lauren that when we get it I am just parking it in the driveway and sitting in it for 2 days. Told her I was probably watching the Jets in the driveway on Thursday. She said, I will watch the Jets with you.

At that point I thought, what exactly did they give you with this chemo. Something isn't right here.

Great news Max for you and Lauren.

So happy for you guys!!

You both deserve that.

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

At that point I thought, what exactly did they give you with this chemo. Something isn't right here. :)

That's great...I hope the jets make the night special for you two.

Yes..TX is good for the board!!  Kinda like Francesca, you either..

1)love him 

2) hate him

3) love to hate him 

Not the thread to bust my balls.

Pick anyone other thread on the main board to do that.

This thread is about a very good friend and his wife who just went through hell.

17 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Not the thread to bust my balls.

Pick anyone other thread on the main board to do that.

This thread is about a very good friend and his wife who just went through hell.

He is actually being serious, but we can keep the Tx stuff in other threads. :)

But ShadeTree is a good dude, just met him at the last tailgate!

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

Haha.  That's a sweet story.  Cherish the good times!

Phil

that's the best news you guys could of hoped for! Continued good news and cherish every minute with her. Your family has our well wishes ands prayers. Tell Lauren to keep it up and continue fighting like she has been doing. Love hearing positive news with this dreaded disease.

Archived