$H?T!!! Bills may win SuperBowl now, TheReturn of FAT REX!!!!!!!!

Gas2No99

Rex Ryan has lap band removed in solidarity with brother Rob Ryan

• rodak_mike_m.jpg&w=80&h=80&scale=crop
    Mike RodakESPN Staff Writer

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Buffalo Bills coach Rex Ryan told the New York Post this week that he had his lap band surgically removed in solidarity with his twin brother, Rob, who required his lap band to be removed after complications with the device.

Rex Ryan confirmed the procedure Tuesday but gave an alternative, joking explanation for why he did it.

"I did it a long time ago, so I'm not going to get into those things," Ryan said. "But as somebody pointed out, several times, we won more games when I was heavier, so I'll do anything for the squad."

Rex Ryan told ESPN last month that he has gained 30 pounds :blink:since he hired Rob to his coaching staff as assistant head coach/defense in January.

Ryan told the Post in 2012 that he had lost more than 100 pounds after undergoing surgery to have a lap band inserted in 2010. Ryan weighed 348 pounds in January 2010 before deciding to have the weight loss surgery.

1 hour ago, Fibonacci said:

Rex is a character. I can't wait until he leaves coaching and starts his TV career. It will be pretty entertaining.

No, it won't. If anything, he'll further ruin ESPN with the likes of Difler, Ray Lewis, and Steve Young. ESPN will become completely unwatchable.

3 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

Rex Ryan has lap band removed in solidarity with brother Rob Ryan

• rodak_mike_m.jpg&w=80&h=80&scale=crop
    Mike RodakESPN Staff Writer

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Buffalo Bills coach Rex Ryan told the New York Post this week that he had his lap band surgically removed in solidarity with his twin brother, Rob, who required his lap band to be removed after complications with the device.

Rex Ryan confirmed the procedure Tuesday but gave an alternative, joking explanation for why he did it.

"I did it a long time ago, so I'm not going to get into those things," Ryan said. "But as somebody pointed out, several times, we won more games when I was heavier, so I'll do anything for the squad."

Rex Ryan told ESPN last month that he has gained 30 pounds :blink:since he hired Rob to his coaching staff as assistant head coach/defense in January.

Ryan told the Post in 2012 that he had lost more than 100 pounds after undergoing surgery to have a lap band inserted in 2010. Ryan weighed 348 pounds in January 2010 before deciding to have the weight loss surgery.

Rob Ryan should tell Rex to leave the lap band on.  We may make fun of Rex but this is his health we're talking about here.

9 hours ago, Beerfish said:

The league needs to mandate some better fitness and nutrition for coaches.  These guys work their nuts off and sit at desks and such all day in super pressure environs.

I don't like that idea at all. People should be able to do whatever in the hell they want as long as it's not hurting anyone else. 

12 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Rob Ryan should tell Rex to leave the lap band on.  We may make fun of Rex but this is his health we're talking about here.

Seriously. What kind of man would allow his brother to do this as a gesture? Accept the gesture as an act of love, but ultimately you don't let him do it.

Unless the reason is all just bullsh*t and he's still got big eyes for food but doesn't have the room to pack it all in there anymore lol.

7 hours ago, Hitman Harris said:

I don't like that idea at all. People should be able to do whatever in the hell they want as long as it's not hurting anyone else. 

Yep these guys work long hours but they also make a lot of money, have access to world class gyms, trainers and doctors at their facility as well as free meals prepared for them.  Not sure what else the league should do they're grown men capable of making their own decisions.

Stress, lack of sleep, and modeling their eating after athletes that burn more calories in a day that the average American does in a month. That is why most coaches get fat.

Rex, though, being as insecure as a 14 year old girl... probably an emotional eater.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Stress, lack of sleep, and modeling their eating after athletes that burn more calories in a day that the average American does in a month. That is why most coaches get fat.

Rex, though, being as insecure as a 14 year old girl... probably an emotional eater.

Rex is just big boned.

35 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Seriously. What kind of man would allow his brother to do this as a gesture? Accept the gesture as an act of love, but ultimately you don't let him do it.

Unless the reason is all just bullsh*t and he's still got big eyes for food but doesn't have the room to pack it all in there anymore lol.

I would 100000000% guaranteed that the minute his brother walked into the facility and started making fat jokes and talking about stuffing his face with the guys on the team, Rex felt left out. 

I ******* guarantee it.

Archived