The NY Jets staff hate Geno Smith

johnnyjet

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

I don't think the Jets know anything about what the Jets are doing at QB.

Translation:  Those guys who do it for a living, and spent their lives studying and working in Football....they don't know sh*t.

Ever heard of Plato? Aristotle? Socrates? Morons. 

But Me, Mr. Mike135, I alone can see the diamond in the rough that is Geno Smith.

6 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Who said he wasn't to blame?  I've not seen a single person say that loss wasn't on him.

I've seen people say that there were other issues that contributed to the loss, which is the case for any loss, but I have not seen anyone say that Fitz was completely blameless. He was the number one reason they lost against the Chiefs, but not the one and only. 

16 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Translation:  Those guys who do it for a living, and spent their lives studying and working in Football....they don't know sh*t.

But Me, Mr. Mike135, I alone can see the diamond in the rough that is Geno Smith.

To be fair, Aristotle thought that eels were formed from mud, not sexual reproduction. Everyone makes mistakes.

15 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Ha, now you're gettin' it (though I'm hardly alone).  

And it's not pro-Geno.  It's anti-Fitz (as a starter or for more than 5mil).  Plenty of guys here, as well as all the guys who've spent their lives studying and working in Football from 31 other teams all knew/know Fitz is a complete waste.

22 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Its what everyone does here.  

All of us.

You feel the need to tell them all, well all those who you disagree with.

Its perfectly OK when you and those you agree with do it.

Youre a piece of work

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

I used to think like this.  But poor draft after poor draft have convinced me that the Jets, historically haven't a club about personnel.  I have a lot of hope for MAC. HIs resume , IMO, is the way it should be.   BUt....From Shuler to Obrien to Gholsten to Milner.  Heck, any second rounder we've had is a bust basically.  Good teams don't have the busts we have.  Geno is terrible but someone who is paid to know, didn't and drafted him.  

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Its what everyone does here.  

All of us.

You feel the need to tell them all, well all those who you disagree with.

Its perfectly OK when you and those you agree with do it.

Youre a piece of work

Arent we suppose to voice or opinions and act like GMs its a football message board where we discuss NY Jets issues and celebrate together. 

Wow again,
A guy expressed confidence in himself and he is taken to task for it.
I don't want any player on this team who is willing to accept he is nothing but a backup player including Fitz.
Every player should feel they should be playing and not the guy in front of him on the depth chart.
I read the whole article and found nothing that was derogatory or embarrassing to either the Jets or Ryan Fitzpatrick
I actually got some positives from the article, in that some of the people who work with Geno were very optimistic about his future.
Also quite to the contrary of what many people believe here, he is not hated by his fellow teammates or coaches.
While I think it's too early to jump ship on Fitz, I have a strong feeling that we will get to see Geno play at sometime this year.
Contrary to what many people believe,I think you will see that if he has not improved, almost all of us who want to see him play will move on quickly.

At this point Geno should be able to play like a solid starter. If he continues to play making poor decisions and bad throws as he has in the past, not only are the Jets going to be done with him but he may also close out his NFL future. Not to mention those of us who still hold out hope that he really is a starting QB on this level.
One would have to think that Geno understands this better than anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, fltflo said:

Wow again,
A guy expressed confidence in himself and he is taken to task for it.
I don't want any player on this team who is willing to accept he is nothing but a backup player including Fitz.
Every player should feel they should be playing and not the guy in front of him on the depth chart.
I read the whole article and found nothing that was derogatory or embarrassing to either the Jets or Ryan Fitzpatrick
I actually got some positives from the article, in that some of the people who work with Geno were very optimistic about his future.
Also quite to the contrary of what many people believe here, he is not hated by his fellow teammates or coaches.
While I think it's too early to jump ship on Fitz, I have a strong feeling that we will get to see Geno play at sometime this year.
Contrary to what many people believe,I think you will see that if he has not improved, almost all of us who want to see him play will move on quickly.

At this point Geno should be able to play like a solid starter. If he continues to play making poor decisions and bad throws as he has in the past, not only are the Jets going to be done with him but he may also close out his NFL future. Not to mention those of us who still hold out hope that he really is a starting QB on this level.
One would have to think that Geno understands this better than anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent post. I agree on all points.

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

All I know is if Geno gets any playing time this season it will only be because Bryce Petty got hurt.

If you want to hang your hat on that as some great Geno Smith accomplishment, go right ahead.

SAR I

That is not what I said but you have your own narrative so I guess it doesnt matter.  Geno believes he can be a starter in this league.  In four months his Jet career is over but he will have an opportunity to latch on with another team and reboot his career.  I wish him the best.  

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Arent we suppose to voice or opinions and act like GMs its a football message board where we discuss NY Jets issues and celebrate together. 

Thats what Ive always thought Joe.  

Apparently some have issues with anyone who disagrees with them

8 hours ago, Mike135 said:

This wouldn't be true for any professional American team.  Perhaps if there are other countries that have leagues, they could benefit from Fitz starting.

Among the 4 quarterbacks on the roster, Ryan Fitzpatrick is the best quarterback for this team.  His 10-5 record proves this.

All I know is that if Geno Smith did his job in Oakland last year, we'd be 11-5 and in the playoffs, no one would be talking about any Week 17 meltdown, we'd all have a very different perspective of the team and the quarterback.

But, no, as usual Geno Smith couldn't deliver.  He's the gift that keeps on giving.

SAR I

7 hours ago, Pac said:

"Geno is an immature punk for not talking to the media"!! 

as soon as he talks

"Geno should stfu"!!

gotta love it.

Back in the preseason, Geno Smith was relevant as he was in a competition for the starting job and was seeing significant playing time.  Reporter asks him how he thought he played, Geno ignored him.  Public wanted to hear from him then, nope.  Mouth shut like a steel trap.

Here in the regular season, Geno Smith is irrelevant as he is firmly benched and in no way shape or form is getting playing time.  No reporters ask him any questions.  So he sets up an interview where he says inappropriate things at an inappropriate time, he promotes himself to the detriment of his teammates and locker room harmony.

Get it now?

Geno Smith is a nightmare, and people like you empower him to continue with his nonsense, the last vestige of the Rex Ryan Circus refusing to leave town.

SAR I

7 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

I've never expressed love for Geno, however you've expressed hatred for Geno...and we know there's a thin line between those two feelings. 

You should take that advice my friend. 

Yeah, maybe when it comes to chicks.  I never hated a Jet so much I actually loved him.  It takes a lot for someone wearing the green and white laundry to make me hate him.  Geno succeeded.  Hey, there's something he's actually good at.  Can't think of another Jet hated this much since I've been a fan going back to 1980.

SAR I

2 hours ago, JetBlue said:

That is not what I said but you have your own narrative so I guess it doesnt matter.  Geno believes he can be a starter in this league.  In four months his Jet career is over but he will have an opportunity to latch on with another team and reboot his career.  I wish him the best.  

Great, so you can stop talking about him on JN now.  In fact, all of you can.  He's done here.  We are trying to forget him.  You 6 guys constantly bringing him up serves no purpose.

I have a great idea.  Why don't you make a list of possible teams Geno Smith could play for and start threads about him over on those forums?  You'd be helping Geno by showing fan interest in him over at Browns Nation and Cowboysforums, I'm sure they'd be so excited to hear you tell them how he's the second-coming of Joe Montana.  Have at it.  Please.

SAR I

15 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Among the 4 quarterbacks on the roster, Ryan Fitzpatrick is the best quarterback for this team.  His 10-5 record proves this.

No surprise, but gotta disagree.  Or at least partially.  We don't know Fitz is the best of the 4.

His 10-5 record proves we could be bringing along a good young QB now in a great situation.  Instead we're wasting the great situation on carrying a never-has-been/never-will-be QB.  Quality backup and all around swell guy, but he should never be the starting QB of another NFL team again.

26 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

No surprise, but gotta disagree.  Or at least partially.  We don't know Fitz is the best of the 4.

His 10-5 record proves we could be bringing along a good young QB now in a great situation.  Instead we're wasting the great situation on carrying a never-has-been/never-will-be QB.  Quality backup and all around swell guy, but he should never be the starting QB of another NFL team again.

You are describing Vinny Testeverde 2001/2002 who was on a two year trajectory of eroding badly and preventing our young 1st round pick with experience in a collegiate pro-style system from starting in the NFL. 

What we have here in Ryan Fitzpatrick in 2015/2016 is a quarterback who was our MVP last year in engineering a 10 win season and was AFC Offensive Player of the Week 7 short days ago. He is playing well, has won 7 of his last 10 games, and is not preventing our young 4th round pick with no collegiate experience in a pro-style system from starting in the NFL because he is injured and not prepared.  

2016 Fitzpatrick isn't 2002 Testaverde and Year 2 Petty isn't Year 3 Pennington.  Different situations completely.  You need a better narrative than this, it's as thin as the Miami win and the Oakland excuse.

SAR I

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

... 2016 Fitzpatrick isn't 2002 Testaverde ..

Well, we agree here.  2016 Testaverde probably has a stronger arm and can read a defense better than one-read, stare down a WR, loft the ball up quickly before the WRs run out of range (25yds) Fitz.

59 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yeah, maybe when it comes to chicks.  I never hated a Jet so much I actually loved him.  It takes a lot for someone wearing the green and white laundry to make me hate him.  Geno succeeded.  Hey, there's something he's actually good at.  Can't think of another Jet hated this much since I've been a fan going back to 1980.

SAR I

We'll, Atleast we now know that there must be a grain of salt taken when considering your opinion on this subject given your admitted emotional attachment.

Not saying that you can never present any valid points, but the level of exaggeration or one-sidedness at times should be acknowledged as just your emotions as a die-hard Jets fan. Nothing wrong with that, but it is there. 

As a side note though, I think @Pac presented an excellent point. A couple months back Jets fans got on Geno for not talking to the press and participating in their "1 year anniversary" IK propaganda. He was called immature for not participating in buffoonery that had nothing to do with football, or a situation that reflects well on the organization generally. Today he has an interview that actually revolves around the sport, his talent and his determination to get back to where he once was, with the IK situation being portrayed as more of a "bump in the road" scenario, and jets fans call him immature for speaking about football. 

Jets fans have put him in the impossible "damned if you do, damned if you don't" position. And it's mostly based off of emotions triggered by what we've read or heard, but not necessarily the true situation. And I state it that way because even I caught a reporter lying and twisting a story for the purpose of sensationalism...which the outcome tends to be people hating a guy they don't even know based on a distorted story taken as truth or as the whole story. 

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

We'll, Atleast we now know that there must be a grain of salt taken when considering your opinion on this subject given your admitted emotional attachment.

Not saying that you can never present any valid points, but the level of exaggeration or one-sidedness at times should be acknowledged as just your emotions as a die-hard Jets fan. Nothing wrong with that, but it is there. 

As a side note though, I think @Pac presented an excellent point. A couple months back Jets fans got on Geno for not talking to the press and participating in their "1 year anniversary" IK propaganda. He was called immature for not participating in buffoonery that had nothing to do with football, or a situation that reflects well on the organization generally. Today he has an interview that actually revolves around the sport, his talent and his determination to get back to where he once was, with the IK situation being portrayed as more of a "bump in the road" scenario, and jets fans call him immature for speaking about football. 

Jets fans have put him in the impossible "damned if you do, damned if you don't" position. And it's mostly based off of emotions triggered by what we've read or heard, but not necessarily the true situation. And I state it that way because even I caught a reporter lying and twisting a story for the purpose of sensationalism...which the outcome tends to be people hating a guy they don't even know based on a distorted story taken as truth or as the whole story. 

He's "damned if you do" by me based on what I've seen ... That's as true as it gets

Geno is pitiful and proves it every and any opportunity he gets 

34 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Which was the narrative pushed which proves my point. 

I didn't bother reading 22 pages for the narrative  ... But glad to have had you accept who & what Geno is 

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

Great, so you can stop talking about him on JN now.  In fact, all of you can.  He's done here.  We are trying to forget him.  You 6 guys constantly bringing him up serves no purpose.

I have a great idea.  Why don't you make a list of possible teams Geno Smith could play for and start threads about him over on those forums?  You'd be helping Geno by showing fan interest in him over at Browns Nation and Cowboysforums, I'm sure they'd be so excited to hear you tell them how he's the second-coming of Joe Montana.  Have at it.  Please.

SAR I

5 posts talking about him on this page alone and then you tell people to stop talking about him. Lol

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Gastineau. 

Why are we talking about Geno? Petty is the better option, IMO

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Says the guy who's made "let's get together and boo Geno in preseason games" thread. 

You must be that hurt and vulnerable that you need everyone on the board to stop talking about a guy because you're not strong enough not to open up that thread. 

This level of hate and lack of self control is pretty telling. 

Stop entertaining everything those "same 6 people" say and show some damn self control. 

Let's see how you react right now. 

3 hours ago, Shadetree said:

Gastineau. 

Why are we talking about Geno? Petty is the better option, IMO

We aren't talking about Geno.  We are listening to 6 disgruntled and bitter Geno fans offer a very weak narrative as to why he should be our starting quarterback.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

We aren't talking about Geno.  We are listening to 6 disgruntled and bitter Geno fans offer a very weak narrative as to why he should be our starting quarterback.

SAR I

If fitz keeps imploding, it'll get worse and that 6 will grow exponentially.

3 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Says the guy who's made "let's get together and boo Geno in preseason games" thread. 

You must be that hurt and vulnerable that you need everyone on the board to stop talking about a guy because you're not strong enough not to open up that thread. 

This level of hate and lack of self control is pretty telling. 

Stop entertaining everything those "same 6 people" say and show some damn self control. 

Let's see how you react right now. 

Again we come back to context.

In the preseason, Geno Smith was relevant.  He was competing for the starting job.  He was getting significant playing time.  Millions of Jets fans booed Geno Smith because not only didn't we want him as our starter, we didn't want him cutting into Bryce Petty's playing time either.  That thread was relevant.

Here in the regular season, Geno Smith is irrelevant.  Not only is he only on the roster because Bryce Petty is hurt, he can't even get on the field in a game where our starter is having a career worst day and throwing 6 INT's.  It's amazing.  The only reason why this thread is relevant is because Geno can't keep his mouth shut and help the team, no, he has to act like a child on Twitter and then gives a self-serving interview to the TMZ of sports, Bleacher Report, designed to cause a rift in Florham Park, he's a disgrace.

Geno Smith has turned from someone dangerous on the playing field to someone dangerous in the locker room.  I am certain he is just as hated by players like Revis, Marshall, Decker, and Mangold as he is by millions of us.

SAR I

6 minutes ago, Shadetree said:

If fitz keeps imploding, it'll get worse and that 6 will grow exponentially.

Does it matter?  Unless Bryce Petty gets healthy soon, this season is playing out predictably.

This is what happens to a franchise without a franchise quarterback.  This is what happens when the guy you tapped to be your franchise quarterback busts after two miserable seasons and you have no choice but to 1) grab the best draftees possible and 2) find the best journeyman quarterback possible and make a go of it.

All issues we are facing at the quarterback position are a direct result of Geno Smith's failure to be the franchise quarterback he was supposed to be. 

SAR I

Archived