Hire Frank Reich

Pac

Other than Rex all of the defensive minded coaches from the last 17 years failed to field a dominant D.

It's high time the Jets hire an offensive minded coach who has a history of working with top tier QB's.  Reich has been a QB coach for Peyton Manning and Philip Rivers, and been an O-Coordinator for the Chargers and with the Eagles this year.

He showed balls signing off on the Bradford trade knowing Wentz was going to be the guy.  So far Wentz and the Eagles look very good.

He's had a couple HC interviews and I think he's going to be a hot candidate next year.  Reich working with Petty, Hack, and whoever they pick up or draft sounds good to me!  Not to mention - he's also been a WR coach which will serve the Jets well given the number of young talented receivers we have.

I had no problems with Bowles but he's completely lost me the last month.  This undying devotion to an awful QB, reluctance to make changes to the failing coaching staff, and refusal to bench under performing players is infuriating.  Enough is enough with this guy.

Frank.Reich.  Go get him Macc.

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

In a league focused on offense, they could do a lot worse. And if and when they decided to move on, they should focus on an offensive minded coach. But they aren't firing Bowles two seasons in so this is a bit of an overreaction here. 

Bowles is getting a third year

He's a dumber version of Mangini

16 minutes ago, Pac said:

Other than Rex all of the defensive minded coaches from the last 17 years failed to field a dominant D.

It's high time the Jets hire an offensive minded coach who has a history of working with top tier QB's.  Reich has been a QB coach for Peyton Manning and Philip Rivers, and been an O-Coordinator for the Chargers and with the Eagles this year.

He showed balls signing off on the Bradford trade knowing Wentz was going to be the guy.  So far Wentz and the Eagles look very good.

He's had a couple HC interviews and I think he's going to be a hot candidate next year.  Reich working with Petty, Hack, and whoever they pick up or draft sounds good to me!  Not to mention - he's also been a WR coach which will serve the Jets well given the number of young talented receivers we have.

I had no problems with Bowles but he's completely lost me the last month.  This undying devotion to an awful QB, reluctance to make changes to the failing coaching staff, and refusal to bench under performing players is infuriating.  Enough is enough with this guy.

I'd be fine with this also, if it included a purge of some of the Vets on the roster, because they wouldn't take a Bowles firing lightly, esp. on the D IMO.

Bowles has certainly made some real head scratchers and game time decisions that make me question if he;s the right guy for the job...but firing a HC after to seasons is not a good recruiting tool for future HC possibilities which is something to consider.

And his undying devotion to an awful QB is partly the circumstance IMO of Petty being injured.  It's plainly evident that Bowles wants no part of Geno starting...we can argue about the reasons and their level of correctness etc, but I'm pissed that Bowles who apparently is this adamant about playing Geno, started Petty in the PS game 4.  If e had NO intention to let Geno play at all, they should have protected Petty then and cut Geno then.

7 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

In a league focused on offense, they could do a lot worse. And if and when they decided to move on, they should focus on an offensive minded coach. But they aren't firing Bowles two seasons in so this is a bit of an overreaction here. 

Lovie Smith got fired after 1 year in Tampa.  I know the standard rule of thumb is giving a coach 3 years but this team has regressed in every way sans Special Teams which is only due the our Aussie punter.

Bowles has displayed cowardice, lack of awareness, and an inexplicable stubbornness.  I don't care if we string together garbage wins against garbage teams for an 8-8 season.  I've seen enough.

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Did we interview reich 2 years ago?  Could of had him, quinn etc.. Except we are now stuck w/ this turdburger.

I thought we might have contacted him but I don't remember it being reported as anything more than kicking tires.  I'd be surprised if he isn't a HC next year somewhere.

Can't fire Bowles after this season after he won 10 games last year. Owners and GMs cant say we had an easy schedule like fans do.  You know why?

Think who had one of the weakest schedules last year?

That's Right the Carolina Panthers, that's who!!

You go with what you got and hope that you win and Bowles won 10 games last year and so he is not getting fired when he had Fitz as his QB in year two.

19 minutes ago, Pac said:

Lovie Smith got fired after 1 year in Tampa.  I know the standard rule of thumb is giving a coach 3 years but this team has regressed in every way sans Special Teams which is only due the our Aussie punter.

Bowles has displayed cowardice, lack of awareness, and an inexplicable stubbornness.  I don't care if we string together garbage wins against garbage teams for an 8-8 season.  I've seen enough.

Jets through their previous stupidity aren't in a place to let Bawlless go after 2 seasons. The "optics" of it after the Rex/Idzik disaster would make decent candidates shy away.

38 minutes ago, Pac said:

lmao

1 hour ago, Pac said:

PAC I think I like this better than my Schwartz Idea but I would not be disappointed with either one of them

11 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Bowles punted down 11 points with 7 minutes left. And then he doubled down on it. There's a disconnect here. You don't learn these things on the job.

your right this should be common knowledge at this point in someone's football career

30 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Can't fire Bowles after this season after he won 10 games last year. Owners and GMs cant say we had an easy schedule like fans do.  You know why?

You go with what you got and hope that you win and Bowles won 10 games last year and so he is not getting fired when he had Fitz as his QB in year two.

but Bowles was making these dumb mistakes last year as well. Don't you remember screaming at the TV CALL ******* TIMEOUT YOU MORON !!!! Don't you remember Charlie Brown :) At times it felt like Lucy was our holder because you knew exactly what Idiot Bowles was going to do .

47 minutes ago, Pac said:

No offense, but Tampa looks like they made absolutely no upgrade on the Head Coaching front so you aren't really making a good case here. Also Lovie got 2 years, not 1.

Reich has a dicey resumé that looks like it got a big boost from Carson Wentz and Pederson being better than anyone ever expected.  I'd be hesitant to sign off on that one.

If we're talking about replacing the coach with an elite OC, one that actually knows how to develop a young QB properly, you'd be hard pressed to find a better candidate than norv turner. I know the Chargers were a mess, but I don't think he was really the main problem there and he is still one of the best minds in the league when it comes to offense

6 minutes ago, cant wait said:

If we're talking about replacing the coach with an elite OC, one that actually knows how to develop a young QB properly, you'd be hard pressed to find a better candidate than norv turner. I know the Chargers were a mess, but I don't think he was really the main problem there and he is still one of the best minds in the league when it comes to offense

da fuk...He's been a head coach 3 times already..4th time is the charm? 

I guess he has the illustrious honor of being the coach with the most wins who has a losing record.

1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

I've heard this argument before and it's not the same thing. They beat the Seahawks twice (including the playoffs). They beat the Packers. They beat the Redskins (when they were healthy and a hot team at the start of it's 6-2 finish, not injured/weak all over like when we played them). They annihilated the Cardinals. They also beat the Texans, who later beat us with street FA T.J. Yates at QB. They beat the Eagles who also beat us a week or two earlier.

We didn't beat a single good, healthy team all season long (a streak that sadly continues to this very day). Carolina didn't lose a single game until late December after they'd clinched home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

Next...

Bowles "had Fitz as his QB in year two" because that's the QB he wanted in year two after rubbing him with his anointing oil during his post-game presser after the Bills loss.

You don't think it would have had any effect on MM's actions in the offseason if he'd said, "Look, Mike, I know we just won 10 games and that's nice and all, but you're not in the film room or talking to Chan going over every absentminded misfire and prayer heaved into traffic that the stats just don't show. I'm telling you this guy stinks on ice I don't care what his numbers were this year. If you bring him back here I'm telling the world I never wanted him back but that you re-signed him anyway so when he fails it's on you not me. Go get me a real QB and I don't care if you have to trade our best young player plus our next two first rounders and more to make it happen. And don't draft that Hackenberg kid unless he's the 2nd QB you take and he's available to us in round 6. Give me someone who will be an asset on the field before his rookie contract expires. And put that ****ing coffee cup down when I'm talking to you, dammit."

No, it was more along the lines of a soft-spoken, "We want him back, and if he comes back he'll be the starter." That his last of several meltdowns didn't "tarnish" what he'd accomplished against the scrub opponents we'd faced. **** him.

16 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

da fuk...He's been a head coach 3 times already..4th time is the charm? 

I guess he has the illustrious honor of being the coach with the most wins who has a losing record.

Yeah he hasn't been a great head coach, but as OC's go he is absolutely one of the best there is. unfortunately though I think the only way to get him out of Minnesota is to offer him a HC position

Just to throw another name out there, what about Todd Haley? 

Coordinator for the Cardinals in 2007-2008. Lead them to 3rd in offensive points scored and 4th in yards. They also made the superbowl that year. 

Got the Chiefs head coaching job in 2008 and had them in the playoffs by 2009. Unfortunately, Matt Cassel was the quarterback and due to other circumstances he had a short run in KC.

Now, he is in Pittsburgh as the OC, and in the last few years they have had one of the most dominant offenses in the league. Really no argument here. 

Bottom line: Haley seems to be very successful when it comes to the offensive side of the ball, and already has some prior head coaching experience. I've always considered him an intriguing option since his recent success in Pittsburgh. Why has he not been offered another HC job? 

Just a quick reminder for those that remember.  Pete Carrol was fired after first year as our HC for offensive genius Rich Kotite.  You know what Kotite did not have with the Jets Randall Cunningham and  (Reggie WhiteJerome Brown, and Clyde Simmons). Linebacker Seth Joyner and cornerback Eric Allen

I'm just saying, yes Bowells made a questionable decision, and yes Todd Haley sounds great if they come with (Ben Rothsliberger), Frank Reich (P Manning, P. Rivers, S. Bradford, C. Wentz).  Adding a former pro QB as an offensive coordinator makes more sense i.e. (Dallas with Prescott, and nobody considered the current HC of the Eagles last year with the work that he did with oh yes former first overall pick Alex Smith).

Bowles is going down the same path as Rex.  Because the D is struggling and Rogers is similar to Dennis Thurman (i.e. a "friend" who is likely over his head), he is spending so much time focusing on the D during practice and the game, he's regressing as a HEAD coach.  Making dumb decisions like not going for 2-point conversions, punting on 4th down, not calling TO's correctly, mishandling challenges, etc. reeks of someone who is multi-tasking too much on the sideline vs. being totally into the flow of the game...

5 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Bowles is going down the same path as Rex.  Because the D is struggling and Rogers is similar to Dennis Thurman (i.e. a "friend" who is likely over his head), he is spending so much time focusing on the D during practice and the game, he's regressing as a HEAD coach.  Making dumb decisions like not going for 2-point conversions, punting on 4th down, not calling TO's correctly, mishandling challenges, etc. reeks of someone who is multi-tasking too much on the sideline vs. being totally into the flow of the game...

While I agree Bowles may have to focus too much on the defense that does not excuse the blunders in the fundamentals of coaching. The mistakes Bowles is making are inexcusable and at the very least someone should be in his head set making him aware of game situations. When you look at the guy on the sidelines he's almost never talking into the headset and with all the mistakes this team is making you would think he should be screaming into that head set. The guy is totally out of touch and his emotions or lack thereof are having as big effect on this football team.

Players expect their coaches to put them in the right position to make plays and when you see our defense so far out of position that they can't recover something is wrong and after a while if it continues he will begin to lose his players and the locker room in general. The amount of times this team has come out totally flat in big games is staggering and unacceptable with the talent on this roster.

Sure we can point at the secondary but our Defensive line loaded with number 1 draft picks is certainly not helping those guys out at all. Some parts of a team need to step up to help with some of the weaknesses and we never do that in any aspect of the game. Then you look at teams like the Pats who were decimated with injuries on the OL last year yet kept winning. Lost their QB for 4 games yet kept winning, had issues with their secondary ( few years back) yet kept winning .... They are a masterfully coached team. Sure they got caught cheating which will tarnish their legacy but they just keep winning and trust me every win is not due to cheating.

The Jets right now are so badly coached its almost laughable. And yes they were just as badly coached last year because the same mistakes keep happening over and over.

40 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

I actually think it's more because the entire staff is overly by the book 1970's type football.  Bowles didnt go for two because he'll never go for two and just assumes going for two is too much of a risk, even with the extra point being moved back. Have we ever even gone for two with Bowles as HC? Do the Jets even practice two point conversions? I'm guessing no.

He doubled down on the timeout call. 100000% chance there isnt someone on the staff whose specific job is to handle challenges btw. Im sure Bowles would brush this off as nitpicking and if the Jets were to "execute" better they'd be winning. F that. The Patriots dont win all these close games by accident...they win because their F'ing coach has that team better prepared situationally than anyone in the league....and about ten times more than anyone in the AFC East.

The entire organization just seems to be anti innovative and Bowles represents this to a T.

27 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

While I agree Bowles may have to focus too much on the defense that does not excuse the blunders in the fundamentals of coaching. The mistakes Bowles is making are inexcusable and at the very least someone should be in his head set making him aware of game situations. When you look at the guy on the sidelines he's almost never talking into the headset and with all the mistakes this team is making you would think he should be screaming into that head set. The guy is totally out of touch and his emotions or lack thereof are having as big effect on this football team.

Yeah maybe it's just the optics because of his demeanor, but I don't see a guy multitasking on the sideline. I see a guy doing mostly nothing because he's paralyzed by trying to multitask but simply cannot. In between each play it seems like he needs meetings with his coaches and coordinators in a room with film and blackboards to come up with a plan for the next down. While I'm sure every HC would love this luxury, it simply doesn't exist for any of them. 

Archived