Pats play Steelers next week, so naturally Big Ben tears his meniscus

Jetlife33

Ben Roethlisberger suffered a torn left meniscus in the Steelers’ Week 6 loss to the Dolphins and will undergo surgery Monday, Ron Cook of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports (on Twitter).

USATSI_9084542-206x300.jpgCook reports (Twitter linkLandry Jones will start next week, as Roethlisberger now must deal with a significant knee injury for the second straight season. He returned to action in Miami after missing most of the second quarter. Adam Schefter of ESPN.com confirmed Cook’s report and tweets the veteran quarterback will miss the Steelers’ Week 7 tilt against the Patriots, but the passer’s timetable is uncertain beyond that.

Roethlisberger missed four games last season due to an MCL sprain. The 34-year-old future Hall of Famer played two straight 16-game seasons in 2013-14 but missed at least one in each of Pittsburgh’s previous four campaigns. He battled knee and shoulder injuries last season, limiting the Steelers.

Pittsburgh finished 1-1 in Jones’ two starts last season. The former Oklahoma signal-caller completed 58 percent of his passes, threw for 513 yards, three touchdowns and four interceptions. He’s the next in line now after the Steelers opted not to bring back Michael Vick. They also released Bruce Gradkowski, who suffered a torn hamstring during preseason play, earlier this month.

Now in his 13th season, Roethlisberger had guided the Steelers to four wins and thrown for 1,685 yards this season. His 16 touchdown passes lead the league.

It is pretty unbelievable how things seem to work out for the cheats

anyone hear an estimated timeframe Ben'll be out yet ... Or have an educated guess for others with just knee miniscus injury ... But that still requires surgery?

the 90+ % of me that is rooting for anti-NE already as my priority is steamed

the less than 10% still looking for a miracle says if there is a sliver of a chance at playoffs then I should root for what impacts the wildcard (incidentally Pitt-Balt-Cincy all losing today would help us in that arena) ... Also Pitt losing Ben for a month if it turns out to be around that timeframe would help ... Also Buff playing like gang-busters tonight makes that victory a little more impressive right?

F*ck ... If we play well in AZ I know these *$$holes are going to restore my hope to me !!!!!!!!!!!!

6 hours ago, ljr said:

It is pretty unbelievable how things seem to work out for the cheats

anyone hear an estimated timeframe Ben'll be out yet ... Or have an educated guess for others with just knee miniscus injury ... But that still requires surgery?

the 90+ % of me that is rooting for anti-NE already as my priority is steamed

the less than 10% still looking for a miracle says if there is a sliver of a chance at playoffs then I should root for what impacts the wildcard (incidentally Pitt-Balt-Cincy all losing today would help us in that arena) ... Also Pitt losing Ben for a month if it turns out to be around that timeframe would help ... Also Buff playing like gang-busters tonight makes that victory a little more impressive right?

F*ck ... If we play well in AZ I know these *$$holes are going to restore my hope to me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Adrian Peterson torn his meniscus , and he's still out 5 games later.

11 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Doesn't matter one iota.

Pats will kick the Steelers ass with or without Big Ben.

Pats are the superior team.

This is correct the pats offense was going to destroy pitt anyway and Beillichick actually knows how to limit teams best weapons and takes the steps to do so, unlike out host of brainiac coaches who let the other teams best players kick our ass each game,.

3 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

None of them can play according to our geniuses running the team, so who would want any of them?

Well the geniuses running the team think Fitzpatrick can play, no? Really, depending on how long Roethlisberger's out, Fitz would be a good fit for Pittsburgh (if they don't like both Landry J and Mettenberger better).

Also what would make Fitz more attractive to them, and palatable to the fan base, is Fitz having an ok statistical game tonight but the team loses anyway. Then at 1-5 the absurd preseason talks of this team going to the playoffs are now remote at best, and no reasonable fan will fault the team for dumping Fitzpatrick instead of merely demoting him (if the team then leaks what should be obvious: they weren't bringing him back anyway). 

Archived