0 tds 10 ints in second half

kmnj

way to go fitz

no wins on the road vs good teams for almost 30 games now

hard to imagine why no team wanted him

I said it from day one he is awful. There was one day I ate crow on him vs the bills but that was a mirage

many times the fans do know better-anybody that goes to games-I have gone to over 180 jet games knows right away fitz is wildly inaccurate and has a noodle arm-you cant always see it on tv as you can in person

part of me  wants to him to be benched and never play another snap but the other part of me wants him to have to go out there and suffer every play the rest of the season to earn every penny he was paid and make Woody watch the sh*tshow he owns

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

way to go fitz

no wins on the road vs good teams for almost 30 games now

hard to imagine why no team wanted him

I said it from day one he is awful. There was one day I ate crow on him vs the bills but that was a mirage

many times the fans do know better-anybody that goes to games-I have gone to over 180 jet games knows right away fitz is wildly inaccurate and has a noodle arm-you cant always see it on tv as you can in person

part of me  wants to him to be benched and never play another snap but the other part of me wants him to have to go out there and suffer every play the rest of the season to earn every penny he was paid and make Woody watch the sh*tshow he owns

Stronger letter to follow?

56 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

@SAR I  can you really call this decent and still defend this? sh*t, even @Warfish has given up.

Again, I am not a Ryan Fitzpatrick fan.  I don't want him on the team.  I was ambivalent all summer whether we gave the team to Petty or re-signed Fitz.  I didn't care as long as it wasn't Geno.  This was going to be a 7-9 season no matter who is under center.

I know you need to paint me as a "Fitzpatrick Lover" since you can't find a single example on the forum, in the stadium, in a mall, anywhere, so forgive me if I set the record straight now and then so others don't view me incorrectly.  You love Geno.  I merely point out why the Jets FO stuck with Fitzpatrick.  It has to do with skill and leadership, two things Geno has less of than our 34 year old journeyman on his 6th team in 11 years.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

Again, I am not a Ryan Fitzpatrick fan.  I don't want him on the team.  I was ambivalent all summer whether we gave the team to Petty or re-signed Fitz.  I didn't care as long as it wasn't Geno.  This was going to be a 7-9 season no matter who is under center.

I know you need to paint me as a "Fitzpatrick Lover" since you can't find a single example on the forum, in the stadium, in a mall, anywhere, so forgive me if I set the record straight now and then so others don't view me incorrectly.  You love Geno.  I merely point out why the Jets FO stuck with Fitzpatrick.  It has to do with skill and leadership, two things Geno has less of than our 34 year old journeyman on his 6th team in 11 years.

SAR I

TL:DR lol

In close games, Fitz is a fine option.

In games where we are constantly coming from behind from big deficits, Fitz is terrible.  Hence those 2nd half numbers.

Part of the blame for those deficits falls on Fitz.  Part of it falls on our defense not showing up.  Part of it on coaching.  Part of it on this whole team playing gutless.

Aside from the Fitz disaster. It's a coaches job to prepare his players week to week. It's the coaches job to light a fire under the asses of the players to go out there and play every play likes it's the only play that will make the difference in the game. I've said it already that I supported Bowles and liked his coolness on the sidelines. What I thought was coolness seems to be more like clueless. Team is not prepared from week to week for its opponent and 2nd half adjustments are non-existant. As Jet fans I think we're fu@ked as long as Bowles is HC. I hope I'm wrong. Mac has sold the farm for the talent we now have on this team. Many will look at Bowles now and in the future as many look at Geno as QB today. Just not the man for this team. Although I would rather see Geno in there until the kids are ready to go. I have become a "Never Fitz" voter. And an anybody but Fitz supporter.

Is anyone on this team really ALL IN?

Fitz got his last contract.

Marshall got his Showtime gig.

Decker got his wife to NY.

Mangold got his buddy back.

Revis got his last big contract.

Mo claimed he was a top 5 Dlineman & we bit.

Clady had no choice.

Harris wants to be ALL IN but he's finished and can't stay healthy.

The rest are all just trying to find their way. Young guys navigating the NFL in NY where the pressure mounts with every loss.

Look at that top list of veterans & tell me where there are any TRUE LEADERS, guys these youngsters can emulate or even relate to? All of those veterans are really just INDIVIDUALS with their own agendas, most setting themselves up for what happens after football. Then you have these guys led by the Wooden Indian. I don't think their is a team in the NFL right now that is a rudderless ship as the NY Jets right now. At least Browns players are busting their azzes. F*cking sad times for Jets fans.

36 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

In close games, Fitz is a fine option.

In games where we are constantly coming from behind from big deficits, Fitz is terrible.  Hence those 2nd half numbers.

Part of the blame for those deficits falls on Fitz.  Part of it falls on our defense not showing up.  Part of it on coaching.  Part of it on this whole team playing gutless.

100pct correct. But that is the problem with Fitz. He needs everything around him to be perfect. He needs Marshall/Decker making great plays on crappy passes, he needs a defense that gives him great field position, he needs a good running game, he needs play from ahead etc...

Because our defense hasn't given the offense the ball with good field position (no turnovers, no big stops inside the 20), Fitz has had to try and carry this team 80 yards on his own. We have learned that is not capable of doing that.

41 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

100pct correct. But that is the problem with Fitz. He needs everything around him to be perfect. He needs Marshall/Decker making great plays on crappy passes, he needs a defense that gives him great field position, he needs a good running game, he needs play from ahead etc...

Because our defense hasn't given the offense the ball with good field position (no turnovers, no big stops inside the 20), Fitz has had to try and carry this team 80 yards on his own. We have learned that is not capable of doing that.

That's what a game manager, journeyman QB is. That's what Fitz has been his whole career. Last year that's all he had to be with the light schedule. Many people here saw it and knew it and predicted this year would be like this with our schedule. Kudos to them. Unfortunately the FO & HC's and NY beat writers thought Fitz had magically transformed into a mature competitive NFL QB. Thus the nickname Fitzmagic. Not!!! 

13 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

That's what a game manager, journeyman QB is. That's what Fitz has been his whole career. Last year that's all he had to be with the light schedule. Many people here saw it and knew it and predicted this year would be like this with our schedule. Kudos to them. Unfortunately the FO & HC's and NY beat writers thought Fitz had magically transformed into a mature competitive NFL QB. Thus the nickname Fitzmagic. Not!!! 

Except the part where Fitz is the furthest thing from a game manager QB. Guys like Alex Smith are game managers. Fitz is just bad.

Archived