Stars Have Aligned for Geno to Shine

JetNation

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

As I said, he did the exact thing in the Zona game as he did in the Oakland game last year and the two precious years.  I have no issue with the QB change at all and we can all hope he does well but we've seen the act often.

The Arizona game is hard to judge, because he looked better right up until the interception.  The fumble was a long developing play that the DE blew up because he ran right by the RT.  

But he's not perfect or close to it by any aspect.  I think he will be an improvement on Fitz, and it gives us a chance to evaluate the receivers.  

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I'm excited for your extensive bad Geno breakdown. There is no hope with Geno if you have common sense and a basic understanding of football. Nothing from any game he has played that wasn't a throw away game shows any progression or growth as a player. The same mistakes, the same boneheaded plays, the same turnover prone quarterback.  

Carl go to a fall festival or wine festival or go apple picking no need for you to be grouchy over a football game besides Geno plays great you might have a heart attack. 

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

None of that matters all that much.  He'll have Enunwa as his number two receiver who is faster, more explosive and stronger than Decker.  He's not quite the route runner Decker is and his hands are somewhat suspect, but that hasn't been an issue for him this season.  We've seen what Quincy can do when he's hit in the open field or in stride which Fitz struggled to do.  Geno shouldn't have those problems given his arm strength.

The run game is non-existent primarily due to Fitzpatrick.  With teams being forced to back of and respect Geno's arm strength, the running lanes will open up along with the short/intermediate routes that teams were clogging with defenders previously.

Even if the run game were to struggle for some reason, they can go 5-wide with four guys who run in the 4.4's and put Powell or Forte in the slot to sneak in some underneath stuff.

Definitely putting money on the Jets and the over, just now sure how much yet.

You gonna' be there?

Agreed.  I'm probably just being too particular about the wording.  Can't argue any of that.  He's got weapons.  These guys are open.  He's got to find them.  The Ravens are great not vs the pass.  Id love to see them connect on a couple of long balls. 

Nope.  Not this one.  I will be the later this year.  No games on Oct. for me. 

Just now, JiF said:

Agreed.  I'm probably just being too particular about the wording.  Can't argue any of that.  He's got weapons.  These guys are open.  He's got to find them.  The Ravens are great vs the pass.  Id love to see them connect on a couple of long balls. 

You didn't answer the most important part of my post....you going? 

23 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Carl go to a fall festival or wine festival or go apple picking no need for you to be grouchy over a football game besides Geno plays great you might have a heart attack. 

I'm a Jets fan and have been for a long time. They can't make me grouchy anymore. 

2 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I'm excited for your extensive bad Geno breakdown. There is no hope with Geno if you have common sense and a basic understanding of football. Nothing from any game he has played that wasn't a throw away game shows any progression or growth as a player. The same mistakes, the same boneheaded plays, the same turnover prone quarterback.  

Lol so that's a pretty big boy statement. The same was said about fitzgarbage, everyone was laughing and saying the same stupid shhit. And some how he did pretty decent last yr.. He still stinks though but made a lot of people eat crow..What happens if geno proved the haters wrong and actually does well too ? Stranger things have happened.. It amazes me how ignorant people can be to judge a guy solely on his first 2 years.. Ya he played one game last yr.. If we let hack or petty play their first two yrs and they did poor, I gusss we should toss them out too.. 

15 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No reason to be miserable either Carl. 

That's quite a leap for you to try to guess my state of mind. I'm a Jets fan. I'm also a realistic person. I don't get as emotionally involved as some here. Professional sports are an escape. There is no need to take it that seriously. Of course I want them to win and have success but to let the highs and lows impact me personally would be a disservice to myself. It's just not worth it to me. 

As a fan who has wanted to see Geno under center with the proper preparation, I'm excited to see if his time away from the field has helped his development.
He is a player we have invested many years of training and time into. The last thing we want is for him to walk at the end of the season and turn into a solid starter for someone else.
Yet, every other fan who has wanted the same thing must be under no illusions. This is Geno's final opportunity to prove he can be a consistent starter on this level. I really hope that he proves once and for all that is the case and that he makes the decision to let him walk a very difficult one for this ball club.
On the other hand, if we see the same mental errors and poor decisions that we have in the past , then moving on to Petty should not be a question in anyone's mind. As a four year player he is out of excuses, and he should damn well know it.
I do wonder what happens if he does play well and still decides to leave. Face it, some of the things that have been said about him by both the media and especially the fans have bordered on damn near racist.
So good luck young man prove the people who had faith in you were correct in doing so. If not, good luck being a career backup for as long as it last, and save your money and invest wisely. Then you can work for another 10 years or so and retire comfortably. After that I'm sure Miramar high school would love to have you back coaching in some capacity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, Powpow said:

I feel like throwing up after reading this dribble. Blaaaaugh. Feel better. First off, Geno does not have the strongest arm. Petty and Hack easily have stronger arms.   And in his four years, which really have been 2 years and one game last year, Smith has shown he has little grasp of any offense. And neither is he accurate or able to buy time in the pocket. With the schedule softening from here on, the Jets should compile a few more wins but it's pretty much irrelevant. This season is done and I'd prefer to see Petty get playing time rather than this albatross. 

I have to say I am starting to hope for 1-15 and having the first pick in the draft. ( I can't root for losses as it's just not who I am, but...) Is there a real QB coming out this year that could make that worth it?

35 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I have to say I am starting to hope for 1-15 and having the first pick in the draft. ( I can't root for losses as it's just not who I am, but...) Is there a real QB coming out this year that could make that worth it?

It seems that the last few years the majority of fans proclaim that there's "nobody worth a first-round pick", but somebody eventually emerges as a very good/great QB.

It's early, but you see how Wentz looked in Philly before he lost his RT and got assaulted all day last week and how Prescott has played.  Trevor Siemian was the 250th pick 2 years ago and has completed 64.9% of his passes to go with his 7 TD's and 3 INT's in 5 starts.

Some QB in this draft, if not a couple, will be better than anything the Jets have had in decades.  Only thing we don't know is if the Jets will pick correctly.

17 minutes ago, AFJF said:

It seems that the last few years the majority of fans proclaim that there's "nobody worth a first-round pick", but somebody eventually emerges as a very good/great QB.

It's early, but you see how Wentz looked in Philly before he lost his RT and got assaulted all day last week and how Prescott has played.  Trevor Siemian was the 250th pick 2 years ago and has completed 64.9% of his passes to go with his 7 TD's and 3 INT's in 5 starts.

Some QB in this draft, if not a couple, will be better than anything the Jets have had in decades.  Only thing we don't know is if the Jets will pick correctly.

If the Jets are QB shopping I guess they think that Petty or Hack can't be Geno's long term backup. But coming off the 11 in a row for Geno and the postseason \ Super Bowl sweep, I can't see the Jets even thinking about QB next draft.

Just now, Maxman said:

If the Jets are QB shopping I guess they think that Petty or Hack can't be Geno's long term backup. But coming off the 11 in a row for Geno and the postseason \ Super Bowl sweep, I can't see the Jets even thinking about QB next draft.

They're gonna' have to.  Somebody is going to beg Geno to play for $45 mil per season next year but the Jets just won't have that kind of cap space.  In that case, you take another QB high in the draft and let him fight it out with Petty and Hack, hoping one of them can be just 1/10th the QB Geno is going to be over course of the remainder of the season.

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

They're gonna' have to.  Somebody is going to beg Geno to play for $45 mil per season next year but the Jets just won't have that kind of cap space.  In that case, you take another QB high in the draft and let him fight it out with Petty and Hack, hoping one of them can be just 1/10th the QB Geno is going to be over course of the remainder of the season.

Geno will resign. He always wanted to be a Jet. And once he reads all the apologies here from the fans that admitted they were wrong, he will take less to play here. I think he takes 11.5 million just to prove a point.

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Geno will resign. He always wanted to be a Jet. And once he reads all the apologies here from the fans that admitted they were wrong, he will take less to play here. I think he takes 11.5 million just to prove a point.

Aside from Brady, what QB plays for less than 1/3 of what he'd be worth on the open market?  I just don't see it.

Wait, what was I thinking?  You tag Geno and get him on the cheap.

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Aside from Brady, what QB plays for less than 1/3 of what he'd be worth on the open market?  I just don't see it.

Wait, what was I thinking?  You tag Geno and get him on the cheap.

I am not going to worry about any of that right now. I am just going to enjoy this 11 game winning streak. We deserve this.

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

I am not going to worry about any of that right now. I am just going to enjoy this 11 game winning streak. We deserve this.

Yup...I took the Jets and the over.  34-31, Jets win.  Geno throws for 4 TD's, Folk hits the game winner as time expires.

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

Yup...take the Jets and the over, folks.  34-31, Jets win.  Geno throws for 4 TD's, Folk hits the game winner as time expires.

Being serious for a second, I expect a good game on Sunday and I think the defense will be much improved this week.

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Being serious for a second, I expect a good game on Sunday and I think the defense will be much improved this week.

Wait, what do you mean "for a second"?

And I'm not kidding...I took the Jets and the over. 

He can shine my shoes. 

It's comments like this from posters such as yourself and others that in some ways border on racist. I certainly get that as a QB you have little use for him. It's these personal attacks and the critiquing of even the slightest emotional change or lack of, that are telling.
I do hope that his play will help convince his harshest critics that maybe they have misjudged him.

2 hours ago, fltflo said:

It's comments like this from posters such as yourself and others that in some ways border on racist. I certainly get that as a QB you have little use for him. It's these personal attacks and the critiquing of even the slightest emotional change or lack of, that are telling.
I do hope that his play will help convince his harshest critics that maybe they have misjudged him.

Agree comments like that piss me off as well. Dont like the guy fine no reason to post sh*t like that. 

3 hours ago, fltflo said:

Ok you can shine my shoes.

Archived