#### New York Jets vs Baltimore Ravens --- The Official Game Thread ####

Maxman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

It would suck...but given the circumstances of today...Bowles deserves a lot of credit. I will be paying attention to his QB choice if Geno can't go.  Do you want to play Petty against Cleveland after seeing the offense stagnate the minute Fitz came in?

I am done with Fitz.  I was done with him before we re-signed him, actually

10 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Ryan Fitzpartick leading the Jets to a win over the Cleveland Browns will be as empty a win as one can imagine.  If Petty starts, that changes everything.

Petty has to start vs the Browns, the Jets have an opportunity to make the best of a bad situation,  considering the injuries and bad play to start the season, Petty leading this team to victory would be huge, no better chance then the Cleveland Browns 

13 minutes ago, Stark said:

No joke. Great job by Q. Spin off defender and run across field.  Had little to do with pass. 

Loser lament.  Cry how much Geno sucks, scream loudly that Fitz is better, Geno is the same player as he was 2 years ago as a 2Nd Year player.  Nothing new here.  We already know what we will get.  

Geno plays well?  

Make every excuse to discredit what he did today and take away from the fact that he was the better QB on the field today. 

11 minutes ago, Stark said:

No joke. Great job by Q. Spin off defender and run across field.  Had little to do with pass. 

Yeah other than it got there on time, no slow floater, Q didn't have to wait for it and defender couldn't get there in time to make the tackle.  

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Questionable was not punting late in the game and trying that FG that was blocked gave the Ravens very good field position, 

Nah, you're 1-5 you go for the game winning play.  Beside the defense gave up something like 1 2nd half 1st down, no points, you better go for the game winning FG.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

No. You want the two score lead. And the defense had played well that half. Now if the defense had struggled, then I might be with you

Yes but the wind was blowing and the defense was playing lights out why give them the ball on the 45 when you can pooch punt and pin them back and Flacco then has to go 80 yards instead of 55. 

Agree to disagree. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Yes but the wind was blowing and the defense was playing lights out why give them the ball on the 45 when you can pooch punt and pin them back and Flacco then has to go 80 yards instead of 55. 

Agree to disagree. 

That's why you take the risk. He was being (Gasp) Aggressive

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Agree to disagree. 

Sure, they punt and Balt., marches downfield and scores, then wins and all we'd hear is Bowles is a pussy, coaches scared, not to lose and has to be fired.

I'd rather lose being aggressive, It was the right call.  

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Sure, they punt and Balt., marches downfield and scores, then wins and all we'd hear is Bowles is a pussy, coaches scared, not to lose and has to be fired.

I'd rather lose being aggressive, It was the right call.  

Our defense was playing lights out Flacco was struggling and they needed to score a TD and a 2 point conversion. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Our defense was playing lights out Flacco was struggling and they needed to score a TD and a 2 point conversion. 

Listen you play the game your way.  Just about every coach goes for it there.  It's the right play.  You called Bowles a pussy for weeks and now you want him to coach like a pussy with the season over.  Makes absolutely no sense 

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Listen you play the game your way.  Just about every coach goes for it there.  It's the right play.  You called Bowles a pussy for weeks and now you want him to coach like a pussy with the season over.  Makes absolutely no sense 

Yes good thing Bowles didnt listen to me. 

39 minutes ago, jack48 said:

I am done with Fitz.  I was done with him before we re-signed him, actually

As was I. I've been hard on the Geno this year (understatement), but before he drove me insane in the pre-season I wanted to roll with him and the other 2 just to save the money.  I never had high hopes for this season.  Especially with Fitz coming back.  His arm is too weak.  He doesn't scan the field well.  Guy can't even properly look off a DB.  These are all things we saw Petty AND EVEN Hack do this preseason.  There's no long term upside with Fitz.  We saw it again today.  Teams have figured him out.  Gailey's offense runs much better when the QB has an arm.  A healthy Decker and Marshall negated that last year because it was just too hard to contain them.  We saw that against Buffalo when the two of them + Enunwa went off.  Then Decker got hurt in that game and we got to see just how limited Fitz really is in the following games.  

I want young blood moving forward. 

Only positive that will come if Geno is a no-go (or at least can't practice) is that Petty will get the #2 reps. I really didn't understand when the benched Fitz why they didn't give the #2 reps to Petty (it isn't like Fitz needs as many reps at this point - probably better to rest the arm).

Archived