Something to have pride in this season...

Freemanm

Forte was, and continues to be, one of the worst signings of last offseason.

No amount of meaningless accumulator stats and irrelevant occasional mid-field 20 yard runs in a sea of 1-2 yard failures and red zone ineffectiveness will change that.

I can;t wait till Forte is cut and we get a decent RB in place.

forte is sneaky good, he turns a lot of 2 yard runs into 5 yard runs.  He is running into loaded boxes and not complaining and is still getting the job done

he can play for me, I would hire a coach that knows how to use him tho, lol

20 minutes ago, Larz said:

forte is sneaky good, he turns a lot of 2 yard runs into 5 yard runs.  He is running into loaded boxes and not complaining and is still getting the job done

He can be a good mentor for Fournette.

25 minutes ago, Warfish said:

No amount of meaningless accumulator stats and irrelevant occasional mid-field 20 yard runs in a sea of 1-2 yard failures and red zone ineffectiveness will change that.

The dude is 7th in the NFL in rushing. Worst signing my ass.

Forte needs to be more involved in the passing game. He has caught 100 balls in a season and routinely gets 50-70 catches a year. He has been severely under-utilized in the passing game, especially because decker has been out. With fitzgarbage's arm you would think the short-passing game should be emphasized.

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

I could understand this post if you were not suck an ardent supporter of bringing Ryan Fitzpatrick back as the starting QB .  I get the need for both players and I can see the foolishness of having both players on a team that needed to develop young players in what was expected to be a hard season .

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

You do realize that you can't answer every fact with "This team sucks"

The fact that they suck is irrelevant ask the MVP in baseball, Mike Trout

The fact is Forte is having a decent season but our team isn't football is a team sport there is no pride in personal accolades on a losing team ask anyone who's played organized sports. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The fact is Forte is having a decent season but our team isn't football is a team sport there is no pride in personal accolades on a losing team ask anyone who's played organized sports. 

So therefore if the team sucks, then every player on the team must suck as well. 

Thats interestinng logic.

And I am not giving Forte a personal accolade. He has had a decent year. That is a fact

3 hours ago, Larz said:

Agreed.   Loved this signing. 

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

Put Romo behind center & see how many stacked boxes you see with Marshall, Decker, Enunwa, Anderson or Smith.

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Put Romo behind center & see how many stacked boxes you see with Marshall, Decker, Enunwa, Anderson or Smith.

One game maybe two before that egg is broken again, Romo is a better and very brittle version of Sanchez (taco ceiling), no reason to add Romo to this team now, last year maybe but the window has closed and this team needs to develop new talent (blow it up)

7 hours ago, Warfish said:

F.cuk off you idiot. 

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

no offense but put fitz behind center with the marshall, decker, and enunwa receiving package and defenses have to play honest.  not saying i want fitz at this point but imo losing decker was a bigger blow than anyone expected.  and don't forget that the boxes get stacked when teams play from behind.

Of course Decker was an enormous blow.  Marshall and him are still elite receivers and the 1-2 punch makes defenses have to adjust in a way that freed up almost everything else on offense, including Enunwa and everything else.

Thats why Fitz was able to torch a good Bills defense, and why they were so successful last year. 

Once he was out, the offense no longer dictated terms to the other team, and then it was much more generic.  I mean almost every team in the league has one good wr, and a decent rb.  Defenses can contain that.

12 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The dude is 7th in the NFL in rushing. Worst signing my ass.

Perfect example of looking at numbers and failing to understand what they actually mean.  That "7th in league" is meaningless.  He's been horrible, and his accumulation of meaningless yards between the 20's doesn't change that.  If you want to take pride, as this thread suggests, in a sad and pathetic last years of someone else's stud as he wears down and pads his resume with meaningless yards, best of luck to you with that.  He won't be a Jet next year (or at least he shouldn't be).

It's telling how pathetic this year has been that some of our less informed fans are clinging onto Forte as if it was worth applause.

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Perfect example of looking at numbers and failing to understand what they actually mean.  That "7th in league" is meaningless.  He's been horrible, and his accumulation of meaningless yards between the 20's doesn't change that.  If you want to take pride, as this thread suggests, in a sad and pathetic last years of someone else's stud as he wears down and pads his resume with meaningless yards, best of luck to you with that.  He won't be a Jet next year (or at least he shouldn't be).

It's telling how pathetic this year has been that some of our less informed fans are clinging onto Forte as if it was worth applause.

He's 13th in DYAR. You have no idea what you're talking about.

16 hours ago, Warfish said:

Smh. Dude is like one of the few positives of the year. Tough luck we couldn't squeeze Zeke type production out of the $4mil RB.  

12 hours ago, rangerous said:

no offense but put fitz behind center with the marshall, decker, and enunwa receiving package and defenses have to play honest.  not saying i want fitz at this point but imo losing decker was a bigger blow than anyone expected.  and don't forget that the boxes get stacked when teams play from behind.

Looking at the "playing from behind" ... our opening drives of games this year have resulted in : 1 offensive TD, 4 field goals, 4 punts, 1 turnover for an opponent TD. A net of 12 points.

Our opponents' opening drives have led to : 4 offensive TDs, 1 field goal, 5 punts. A net of 31 points.

So where our opponents are scoring TDs, we're scoring FGs. Seems to be the story of our year throughout.

In only two of our games has our opening drive bettered the opponent's drive - Cincy (Week 1) and Seattle (Week 4). 6 of our games have resulted in a negative position after our opening drives; 2 have netted out equal (both sides punting).

Oddly, all 3 of our wins came when we started off on a negative (Buf, Balt, Cle).

Looking at the first quarter overall, we've had 3 games where we led at the end of 1 (Cincy, Seattle, Miami). We lost them all. In 7 games we trailed, and ended up winning 3, losing 4.

In total we've been outscored in Q1 by 61-36. We've only held one team scoreless in Q1 (Seattle) but have failed to score 4 times ourselves (KC, Ari, Cle, LA). We've totalled a mere 3 TDs and 5 FGs in Q1, while giving up 7 TDs and 4 FGs.

8 hours ago, j4jets said:

And that means it's all on Forte? I'd love to have Zeke here but for now, we'all have to stick by the above average runner. 

We don't have to stick with anything.  This year is over, competitively speaking.  Plugging endless meaningless carries into the accumulator serves no purpose whatsoever.

Powell should be seeing alot more time, he might (stress might) have a future in New York.

This is the Fitz argument all over again.  A sub-par and declining old, expensive player vs. playing younger players who might have a future on this team.

Fitz should be sitting, and Forte should be phased out for Powell and in a perfect world, another young RB.  Sadly, we don't see to have another one, so a more even Forte/Powell split will have to do.  Giving Forte all the carries does nothing for the 2017, 2018 or 2019 New York Jets, because Forte won't be ON those teams.

Forte has run better than I expected.  He's been pretty good but he is not the answer.  In typical bewildering fashion the Jets get a guy who is one of the best receiving backs the NFL has seen in years and take him out on 3rd down all the time.  This is the offense version of the Bowles dline mismanagement.

54 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Forte has run better than I expected.  He's been pretty good but he is not the answer.  In typical bewildering fashion the Jets get a guy who is one of the best receiving backs the NFL has seen in years and take him out on 3rd down all the time.  This is the offense version of the Bowles dline mismanagement.

It is mind boggling.

Powell should be getting the bulk of 1st and 2nd down carries, with Forte being the third down back.

7 hours ago, Warfish said:

We don't have to stick with anything.  This year is over, competitively speaking.  Plugging endless meaningless carries into the accumulator serves no purpose whatsoever.

Powell should be seeing alot more time, he might (stress might) have a future in New York.

This is the Fitz argument all over again.  A sub-par and declining old, expensive player vs. playing younger players who might have a future on this team.

Fitz should be sitting, and Forte should be phased out for Powell and in a perfect world, another young RB.  Sadly, we don't see to have another one, so a more even Forte/Powell split will have to do.  Giving Forte all the carries does nothing for the 2017, 2018 or 2019 New York Jets, because Forte won't be ON those teams.

Not even close. Fitz was the leagues worst QB. Fitz is a top 10 RB right now. And he's far from expensive. He's 7th in rushing yardage, 7th in TDs, and 17th in YPC (atleast 10 carries per game). His YPC is low, yes, but most of that can be contributed to our QBs weakness. He's on pace for 1,171 yards, 13 TDs, 37 receptions and 286 receiving yards. pretty solid for $4mil. And Forte WILL be a Jet next year. That's not even a question unless we eat the cap. 

17 hours ago, jamesr said:

Looking at the "playing from behind" ... our opening drives of games this year have resulted in : 1 offensive TD, 4 field goals, 4 punts, 1 turnover for an opponent TD. A net of 12 points.

Our opponents' opening drives have led to : 4 offensive TDs, 1 field goal, 5 punts. A net of 31 points.

So where our opponents are scoring TDs, we're scoring FGs. Seems to be the story of our year throughout.

In only two of our games has our opening drive bettered the opponent's drive - Cincy (Week 1) and Seattle (Week 4). 6 of our games have resulted in a negative position after our opening drives; 2 have netted out equal (both sides punting).

Oddly, all 3 of our wins came when we started off on a negative (Buf, Balt, Cle).

Looking at the first quarter overall, we've had 3 games where we led at the end of 1 (Cincy, Seattle, Miami). We lost them all. In 7 games we trailed, and ended up winning 3, losing 4.

In total we've been outscored in Q1 by 61-36. We've only held one team scoreless in Q1 (Seattle) but have failed to score 4 times ourselves (KC, Ari, Cle, LA). We've totalled a mere 3 TDs and 5 FGs in Q1, while giving up 7 TDs and 4 FGs.

And yet Bowles still believes that Suckpatrick gives us the best chance to win

Archived