The Purge Begins - Spiller and Ross Waived

CrazyCarl40

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I don't know why no team has taken a chance on Rice.  I would sign him today.  

I'm guessing it has to do with the fact that he's nearly 30, hasn't played in three years, and at age 26 was average 3.1 yards per carry. Oh. And he's not a decent human.

43 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Bravo! This is exactly what they should do. Wilk and Revis have already mailed it in. Revis refuses to make a big hit and Mo Wilk is just fat and lazy. 

So, you're willing to cut guys regardless of cap money lost?

Look, I know everyone is angry because of a 41-10 loss. But, really, it was one team, WITH playoff aspirations and probabilities playing against another team WITHOUT playoff possibilities. Of course, it's going to seem worse than it really is. Personally, I wasn't all that upset by the loss. It got Fitzpatrick 'fired'. That's the biggest positive. In fact, had they won, it would have ultimately been worse for the franchise, both in the near- and longer-term.

You got blowed out in a meaningless game. So what? It's not like there was ANYTHING except pride at stake. Let's hope THIS is rock bottom and there's nowhere left to go but up. Let's see how Bowles handles this mess. I'm sure it's new to him.

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

9FB746AD-CBED-46ED-988D-7E15D88789AD_zps

Pick any 2 you like.

SAR I

Revis is a no brainer - Geno won't be on the team next year anyway so why not (although I don't see too much value here)v cutting the other two would be foolish at this point.  We're stuck with Mo and Sheldon is still tradable.

I really think Revis is the big one.  That would be a symbolic cut which most of the fan base would appreciate.

3 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Roster spots, waiver positions, just total malfeasance.

Reminded me of the Harvin move at the time. Desperate attempt to project some level of competence and aggressiveness towards winning. 

What a joke.

7 minutes ago, phill1c said:

Really, so now all the "experts" are telling us who should and shouldn't be kept on the bottom of the roster...THIS is why Garbage Time sucks!!

I'm usually on this side...but the fans have mostly proven to have more insight than this coach and GM.

Just now, FidelioJet said:

I'm usually on this side...but the fans have mostly proven to have more insight than this coach and GM.

The insight on whether to keep or release Spiller or if he should have been signed seems inconsequential to the Jets predicament. And these guys were defending Fitzpatrick. So, lots to be proven on the insight issue.

40 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Revis is a no brainer - Geno won't be on the team next year anyway so why not (although I don't see too much value here)v cutting the other two would be foolish at this point.  We're stuck with Mo and Sheldon is still tradable.

I really think Revis is the big one.  That would be a symbolic cut which most of the fan base would appreciate.

Agree completely, I'd like nothing more.

In fact, the Jets should leak the news on social media during pregame warmups for the Dolphins game, then put a camera on him as Maccagnan comes out with a giant pair of scissors and asks him to leave the building.

SAR I

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I'm guessing it has to do with the fact that he's nearly 30, hasn't played in three years, and at age 26 was average 3.1 yards per carry. Oh. And he's not a decent human.

Ah, plenty of guys have played in the NFL who were worse humans than Rice.  Murderers, wife beaters, dog abusers, et al.  I'd still sign him to a spec contract.

Glad, those two are off the team, as they weren't adding anything to next year's staff.  I would like to see Marshall return punts for sure, know once and for all if he can be counted on.  Would love to see Smith go deep a few times too.  He was one of the best deep ball trackers in college, so would love to see him with Petty.  

He's still around the team, he's still part of the problem.
SAR I

May I remind you with all his faults as you see them, Geno wanted nothing more then to be on the field and play. The other 3 slugs look like the didn't even want to come to work last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived