That was an atrocious "win" for the Jets

Jetsbb

So the worst of all possible outcomes happened. They played like crap for most of the game and still managed to "win" against an awful 1-11 49ers team. If you tell me draft position doesn't matter the Jets would have drafted Odell Beckam Jr instead of Pryor if they would have lost their last game against the Dolphins. (The jets would have picked ahead of the Giants and reports were they would have taken him)

3 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

So the worst of all possible outcomes happened. They played like crap for most of the game and still managed to "win" against an awful 1-11 49ers team. If you tell me draft position doesn't matter the Jets would have drafted Odell Beckam Jr instead of Pryor if they would have lost their last game against the Dolphins. (The jets would have picked ahead of the Giants and reports were they would have taken him)

No way Idzik would have taken Beckham.  He had Jalen Saudners and Shaq Evans rated above Quincy Enunwa.

1. You believe reports?

2. I will trade bad draft position for development of QB.

I can give you a million examples of guys taken later in the first round who are a lot better than the top five. Like JJ Watt. Today's game was a great comeback and I'm thrilled we won. Now on to Met Life and hopefully a W against the Fins. By the way: Beckham just ran by the whole Dallas D for a Td. 

8 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

Hate to tell you this but we coulda had Brandin Cooks, Kelvin Benjamin, Derek Carr, Tedy Bridgewater or Haha Clinton-Dix at where we did pick.

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We took leonard williams ahead of vic beasley.  Doh!!

I was a huge fan of vic beasley coming out. felt like the perfect fit for our huge defensive need.

really liked keanu neal as well.

actually, come to think of it, deion jones is a similar player to darron lee, but jones is having a solid year

The only thing "atrocious" are some of our draftniks with their Kiper guides and their 20 20 hindsight rooting for losses so they can tell us nonsense like we shudda, cudda, wudda drafted Vic Beasley over Williams despite Williams being universally rated the #1 player in that draft and our GM taking him at #6.

Because Beasley made one good play they saw on the Red Zone today after all!

We got some "atrocious" fans, for sure

8 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

oh my another draft obsessed Jet fan, we got the W, so we did something right.

8 hours ago, RESNewYork said:

it was ugly, not atrocious.

not sure how you go into a football game trying to lose

Who said anything about TRYING to lose? They played to win and played terribly yet still won and hurt their draft stock. As I said worst possible outcome.

40 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

oh my another draft obsessed Jet fan, we got the W, so we did something right.

We did something right? I saw  a lot more of SF doing wrong than we doing right. Couldn't stop the run, defense was pretty awful and Petty did not look like a legit starter. What did we do right beside "win"

8 hours ago, shuler82 said:

maybe it's just me, but I'd rather see our young QB battle back and get a W than worry about whether we draft 4th or 7th next year in a draft without a top QB prospect.

Exactly.  I would rather pick 6-8 next year and think maybe there is a chance Petty is a guy that can develop into a quality starter than pick 4 or 5 and know that he isn't.  He may have struggled through the first half, but coming back from 11 down in the last 10 minutes is an encouraging sign for any QB, even against a bad team like SF.  I will take the win.

And now I will hope he builds on it next week and plays 60 solid minutes against the Phins.

1 hour ago, Jetsbb said:

We did something right? I saw  a lot more of SF doing wrong than we doing right. Couldn't stop the run, defense was pretty awful and Petty did not look like a legit starter. What did we do right beside "win"

We showed that the team hasn't quit.

We showed we can win on the West Coast on a short week after a demoralising loss on national TV.

We showed we could overcome early setbacks.

We showed we could overcome multiple injuries.

Our QB showed us how bad he wanted the win by converting a crucial 3rd down and a 2pt conversion, putting his body on the line both times.

I'm sure there's plenty more, those were the first things that crossed my mind.

As for our precious draft stock - did it even change? I think the worst that happened was we drew level with LA on W/L record, but we were in 5th spot before yesterday and I think we still are now. (EDIT - we're now just behind LA in 6th spot, based on the ever-changing strength of schedule. Rams still have the 49ers and Cards on their slate, so could easily win one or even two more).

All the rumors on who we would've taken always make me laugh.  I have no proof of this but I'm pretty sure Rex has gone on record of saying he wanted to take everyone when he's asked about a good player on another team.

A typical Rex interview:

Reported: Rex, how do you plan on stopping [insert Pro Bowl Player here] this week?

Rex: Boyitellya he's a hell of a player.  Funny story, I had him at the top of my draft board that year unfortunately the [insert team here] got to him first

1 hour ago, Jetsbb said:

We did a lot right.

To some fans, the ones who see wins as something wrong, there's always a reason that even right becomes wrong.  If you look hard enough you'll find bad anywhere.  

12 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

With no QB to throw Beckham the ball it wouldn't have mattered

12 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

None of us can control any of this.

5 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

Not for me it wasn't . Petty will not be the starter opening day next year.

I don't know. I wanted them to lose yesterday but seeing the ass kicking Petty took, how he didn't pack it in, led the team to a come from behind road win (albeit against a horsesh*t team) I think it has some value. I also think Petty, while not lighting the world on fire, has shown promise at times and there's reason to believe he can improve. Will he? Who the **** knows, this is the Jets so more likely than not, no.

Archived