Blake Bortles

TuscanyTile2

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Is he a free-agent after this year?  I would take a look at him if so.  I could see him being a guy who needed a few years to learn and now is ready to take a step up.  Fwiw, he's 15 of 16 so far today for Jax.

If he comes with Marrone sure, but I doubt Marrone leaves Jacksonville, he will be their next full time HC.

4 minutes ago, mkajet01 said:

U, want another retread? Give it up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I would prefer we draft the next Tom Brady but supposedly this isn't that draft so we need to get creative.  Petty can't throw in the rain and not sure how good he looked anyway.  The CS seems to have ZERO faith in Hack.  We're going to bring in a starter next year.  Glennon is an option but might cost too much and require too many years.  Bortles might just be happy to have another shot as a starter where he can try to rebuild his career.  We might be able to get him on the cheap for a 1-2 year deal.

I hope they don't give up on Petty just yet.  Petty comment on never throwing in the rain is a huge indictment on coaching staff.

how could they have not practiced once in the rain with an over inflated football...not once!  How is that possible in 2 years?

just goes to show how little time they spent on him.

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Supposed Coughlin is not a fan of Bortles.  If Coughlin takes the gig bortles is on the outs.

He stinks though.  No reason take take guys the jags dont even want.

Bortles is not my first choice but if we can get him for a 3rd sure I'd take a shot with him.

Not impressed by Petty so far either.  I guess it's not necessarily fair to judge him on these few starts.  Elway had a bad 1st year and went on to be a HOFer.  Obviously Petty isn't Elway though.  I have a feeling the only current QB that will be on our roster next year will be Hack.  I think Petty gets cut.

7 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

We will see....jury still out.

There really isn't a jury out anymore.  He's not good.  He'll be a serviceable backup, which is fine quality for a 4th round pick. Whether that's here or elsewhere?  I don't know.  It doesn't really matter.  We didn't catch lightning in a bottle with him so the search must go on.

On 12/24/2016 at 2:10 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

Is he a free-agent after this year?  I would take a look at him if so.  I could see him being a guy who needed a few years to learn and now is ready to take a step up.  Fwiw, he's 15 of 16 so far today for Jax.

he really stinks

14 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

I hope they don't give up on Petty just yet.  Petty comment on never throwing in the rain is a huge indictment on coaching staff.

how could they have not practiced once in the rain with an over inflated football...not once!  How is that possible in 2 years?

just goes to show how little time they spent on him.

At this point, the Jets don’t see Bryce Petty as anything more than a nice backup.

At this point, the Jets don’t see Bryce Petty as anything more than a nice backup.

(BILLIE WEISS/GETTY IMAGES)

51 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Please provide a list of QBs that were terrible and then went somewhere else and lit it up in the last few years...

Blake statistically, hasn't been "terrible". His running game is non-existent. He has a solid receiver out on the right but that's about it. Gus Bradley was his head coach. The Jags only win 3 games every year for other reasons. Bortles is better than people give him credit for.

3 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Blake statistically, hasn't been "terrible". His running game is non-existent. He has a solid receiver out on the right but that's about it. Gus Bradley was his head coach. The Jags only win 3 games every year for other reasons. Bortles is better than people give him credit for.

I'd take him. Dude has been sacked nearly 50 times a year. He's interception prone, but he's far from terrible. He's a better option than Glennon or Taylor if he's available. 

Archived