The Official New Years Day Bills-Jets Game Day Thread

joewilly12

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Really. All the young players who will be here next year stepped up and played well and it doesn't mean anything to the future of the franchise?

Bring the band back, man. Overvaluing a meaningless win in week 17; congratulations, you have fully embraced to stupidity that is Jets front office management and ownership. 

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, gEYno said:

A win keeps us at 6.  A loss could have moved us to 4.

A remote chance because the Jets wouldve needed Bears to have a upset win to get to 4 wins. So its between 5th and 6th pick. 

So we move up a pick even though we won if the Rams win.
I would rather a win mean nothing than a loss mean nothing

The we have the tie breaker over the rams I believe , we were tied before this week, so if they win we "should" still hold the tie breaker.

1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

Imagine what all the draft obsessed jet fans be saying if we got blowout for 30 Points. Then it be a lack of effort, lack of discipline, embarrassing etc etc I realized you can win with these jet fans, a miserable lot for sure like "Mecca"

Unlike you, I see the big picture and aren't appeased with a meaningless win against a backup QB with a foundation that won't be back next season. 

2 minutes ago, jetsman said:

The we have the tie breaker over the rams I believe , we were tied before this week, so if they win we "should" still hold the tie breaker.

No we don't. They have it over us. 

39 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

He forced his way out of here by playing at an all time great level and wanting to be paid up to the level he felt he deserved. I'm not saying his demands were perfectly fair, but you're forgetting the fact that he was responsible for completely shutting down one side of the field when he played.

You guys that always bash Revis fail to mention that he's arguably the best position player we've ever had. He played very well for us last year as well. But he was starting to decline from the all time great level we were use to seeing. And this year it all caught up to him.

Saying he dogged it isn't fair at all. He's just declining big time.

I would go far as to say he was underpaid early on (e.g.  Cro, Harris, Mangold, Brick, Sanchez and a couple of other were paid significantly more than him for a couple of seasons, but was overpaid by TB and the NYJ over the past few years.  The only thing that's bothered me lately is the comment he made about the Jets handling him with class.  If he means a gracious exit, cool.  If this is another negotiating tactic, not cool.

5 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

I would go far as to say he was underpaid early on (e.g.  Cro, Harris, Mangold, Brick, Sanchez and a couple of other were paid significantly more than him for a couple of seasons, but was overpaid by TB and the NYJ over the past few years.  The only thing that's bothered me lately is the comment he made about the Jets handling him with class.  If he means a gracious exit, cool.  If this is another negotiating tactic, not cool.

Agreed.

And im not even saying his contract demands have always been fair. Its the ugly side of the business. I just hate when fans seem to only remember him for that and disregard his great play for us. Even though we didnt win a SB in 2009 and 2010 we wouldnt have even been a playoff team without him. 

That should be accounted for. He was the heart and sole of those teams on Defense.

Sorry but I have a smile on my face instead of a scowl. Take that W and a lot better with a 5-11 than a 4 W season. Also good for players going into '17 on a high note. You have to note what the TV commentators had to say about discord in the locker room which was kind of backed up by some of the players. Esp between Sheldon and Marshall. They specifically mentioned the KC game being pivotal. As for Revis the SNY guys question his tackling ability and if he can play safety. They don't think he'd be a fit at strong safety. Maybe ok as a free safety. 

23 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Sorry but I have a smile on my face instead of a scowl. Take that W and a lot better with a 5-11 than a 4 W season. Also good for players going into '17 on a high note. You have to note what the TV commentators had to say about discord in the locker room which was kind of backed up by some of the players. Esp between Sheldon and Marshall. They specifically mentioned the KC game being pivotal. As for Revis the SNY guys question his tackling ability and if he can play safety. They don't think he'd be a fit at strong safety. Maybe ok as a free safety. 

At last years Pats game I focused the whole game on how the Jets were going to defend against Gronk and 90% of the time Revis was covering  him 1 on 1.   Revis shut him down the entire game!  It was only when they had the other DBs cover him that Gronk scored a TD.  Based on what I saw I see  potential in  DR as a FS.   Then we can let Lee roam sideline to sideline.  DR also continues to be a solid tackler, you rarely see him whiff on a guy.

3 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

At last years Pats game I focused the whole game on how the Jets were going to defend against Gronk and 90% of the time Revis was covering  him 1 on 1.   Revis shut him down the entire game!  It was only when they had the other DBs cover him that Gronk scored a TD.  Based on what I saw I see  potential in  DR as a FS.   Then we can let Lee roam sideline to sideline.  DR also continues to be a solid tackler, you rarely see him whiff on a guy.

He had a terrible season and fell down and gave up a long reception that shouldn't have happened. When did you ever see him to something like that before. He did look fast on that pick but I disagree on the tackling as did the SNY guys. The Jets have to pay Revis 6 mil anyways and he's not worth more than that. He probably financially could do better with a new team. We pay him the 6 mil and they give him 3 or 4. If they want him back I guess they could negotiate a new multi year deal with a much lower average. 

5 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

He had a terrible season and fell down and gave up a long reception that shouldn't have happened. When did you ever see him to something like that before. He did look fast on that pick but I disagree on the tackling as did the SNY guys. The Jets have to pay Revis 6 mil anyways and he's not worth more than that. He probably financially could do better with a new team. We pay him the 6 mil and they give him 3 or 4. If they want him back I guess they could negotiate a new multi year deal with a much lower average. 

I don't recall when Revis ever fell down, but it happens.  Players get their feet tangled, slip, etc.  I didn't hear the SNY comments, but traditionally he has been an very good tackler.  What play were they referring to, or was it a general statement. 

Financially I'm not sure we can make it work.  The scary part is that I'm not sure we have any starting DBs worth keeping into next year, so I'm hoping we can perhaps salvage Revis as a safety.  

15 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

I don't recall when Revis ever fell down, but it happens.  Players get their feet tangled, slip, etc.  I didn't hear the SNY comments, but traditionally he has been an very good tackler.  What play were they referring to, or was it a general statement. 

Financially I'm not sure we can make it work.  The scary part is that I'm not sure we have any starting DBs worth keeping into next year, so I'm hoping we can perhaps salvage Revis as a safety.  

They were talking in general. Said he isn't a good enough tackler to play strong safety. That maybe he could play free safety. You're right he used to be a great tackler. He used to be a great player. 

5 hours ago, Snell41 said:

Yes,Pryor went right for his head. They call that every time (except for Cam Newton). The grounding call was preposterous though.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Don't feel to sorry for them. The Bills ended up with 0 penalties for 0 yards. Isn't amazing how fast the new coach cleaned up their act.

21 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Look at the score again, moron.

For someone who has posted things about the team needing to move to win consistently, I have to tell you that you are living in a glass house.

Personal attacks are not allowed here.

21 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I knew that Jets fans were tempermental. I did not know how stupid they could be when all they have to do is look up a GD scoreboard!

If I see something like this from you again, you will be banned. I know you are a Super Fan and all. But this is complete garbage.

Archived