Bowles and Macc Officially Back Next Season

CrazyCarl40

2 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

So they will sign a veteran QB, and and a bunch of third contract FAs to try and get a 10-6 or 9-7 season that saves their job. Won't happen and not only will we fire them next year, but the contracts they sign us this year will set us an additional few years back in actually fixing the franchise. Another bull****ing crap half neasure move by our loser owner.

Depends on who they sign. That is the question.

For example, I would be fine with them signing Taylor. Cutler no

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, RSJ said:

I am not happy about the job Bowles did this year. That being said, he and Mac needed to come back. Next year if the team doesn't show progress, they should be gone. But it made little sense to fire them this season.

I kind of agree.  While I didn't love Bowles this year, I could live with him coming back.  However, I would absolutely change my mind if we can get Bill O'Brien or Jon Gruden (probably a couple of others as well) in here.  A good coach is critical in the NFL and when they're available you don't pass on them.  You do what you need to to get them here.

EDIT: Harbaugh is obviously another one I'd fire Bowles for.

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

I kind of agree.  While I didn't love Bowles this year, I could live with him coming back.  However, I would absolutely change my mind if we can get Bill O'Brien or Jon Gruden (probably a couple of others as well) in here.  A good coach is critical in the NFL and when they're available you don't pass on them.  You do what you need to to get them here.

It will be interesting to see if Bill O'Brien does get fired where he goes. If he doesn;t get a HC job opp, I would take him at OC in a second

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

It will be interesting to see if Bill O'Brien does get fired where he goes. If he doesn;t get a HC job opp, I would take him at OC in a second

Yeah I agree. It will be interesting to see. He has won his division two years in a row. But it is a really weak division. That being said, I would take him on the Jets in any capacity in a heartbeat. 

Great news for the Jets

Good HC

Excellent GM

Glad they will be back for 2 reasons

1. Helps the Jets

2. Pisses off the angry SOJF whiners here and makes them gnash their teeth and cry

Um, your user name is literally you whining about PSL's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

EJ Manuel might be in the top five worst QBs I've ever seen play.  Geno-minus level.

To this day, I will never understand why they reached for him when there wasn't a shot anyone else was going to draft a QB in the first that year.

2 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Yeah I agree. It will be interesting to see. He has won his division two years in a row. But it is a really weak division. That being said, I would take him on the Jets in any capacity in a heartbeat. 

If we could get him as an OC, I would be on cloud nine.

Just now, Mogglez said:

If we could get him as an OC, I would be on cloud nine.

Hard to imagine that's any bit realistic.  How about move Bowles to DC and let O'Brien coach the team.  The only conceivable way (which is still not at all realistic) would be if O'Brien decides he wants to make it his mission to fix Hack.

12 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Hard to imagine that's any bit realistic.  How about move Bowles to DC and let O'Brien coach the team.  The only conceivable way (which is still not at all realistic) would be if O'Brien decides he wants to make it his mission to fix Hack.

It is a shaky thing to assume but not entirely far fetched. I don't think there are going to be many job openings this offseason and those that will be already seem to have plans in place. Coughlin to the Jags, McDaniels is the guy EVERYONE wants, Rex, I have a strong feeling will get a chance at the LA job. Even if he doesn't, there are other candidates that seem to be high on their lists (Shanahan, Cincinnati's OC, Teryl Austin, Schwartz, etc). On top of all that, these teams are all going to have to wait until B.O.B is officially fired.  We know, based on reports from last year, that he likes Hackenberg and wanted to draft him until Rick Smith forced Osweiler on him.  I honestly doubt it happens, but him being forced or wanting to take an OC position to set himself up nicely for a better job is not completely out of the realm of possibilities.  Has the connect to Macc and could possibly succeed Bowles if things get shaky again next year (obviously not ideal).

Just now, Mogglez said:

It is a shaky thing to assume but not entirely far fetched. I don't think there are going to be many job openings this offseason and those that will be already seem to have plans in place. Coughlin to the Jags, McDaniels is the EVERYONE wants, Rex, I have a strong feeling will get a chance at the LA job. Even if he doesn't, there are other candidates that seem to be high on their lists (Shanahan, Cincinnati's OC, Teryl Austin, Schwartz, etc). On top of all that, these teams are all going to have to wait until B.O.B is officially fired.  We know, based on reports from last year, that he likes Hackenberg and wanted to draft him until Rick Smith forced Osweiler on him.  I honestly doubt it happens, but him being forced or wanting to take an OC position to set himself up nicely for a better job is not completely out of the realm of possibilities.

I agree. Add in that I am not sure O'Brien would want to get himself in another HC situation where him and the GM don't see eye to eye. He may be better off professionally going back to OC, then picking his position with a GM he likes. 

Just now, RSJ said:

I agree. Add in that I am not sure O'Brien would want to get himself in another HC situation where him and the GM don't see eye to eye. He may be better off professionally going back to OC, then picking his position with a GM he likes. 

Hmmmmmmmm.............I wonder....

If this is in fact true, I am ok with it. I just hope he can re-gain the trust of the team and be effective. 

as was said previously he has to get rid of the locker room cancers and get a decent OC to replace Gailey who is leaving 

1 hour ago, Freemanm said:

Bring back Rex to coach the defense!

I was thinking Vic Fangio if the Bears fire their coaching staff. 

On offense Norv Turner is an interesting name. But another (and some may think this is nuts), but I'd consider Anthony Lynn, especially if we can get Tyrod Taylor. 

Honestly I think gailey has done an amazing job for us most games, most of our injuries this season came from the offensive side of the ball and that doesn't make things easy. Our whole defensive staff needs to be combed through and our conditioning staff because 15 injured players in one season is absolutely unacceptable our team did not prepare their bodies for the season.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

So if true Gailey is probably toast. I guess they will load up one more time and see if they can win with some additions. I am not confident with this approach. The bright side could be a complete tear down for the 2018 draft and season. hoo-rah.

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

Do not agree with a word of that

Bad franchises cave at the first sign of trouble. They let the fans and media run the team.

Good teams have a plan, and stick with it. Bowles and Maac might not be the right guys for the job. But firing them after 1 bad year makes no sense. You hired them to do a job. Let them do it.

Just now, ScarletKnight89 said:

Bad franchises cave at the first sign of trouble. They let the fans and media run the team.

Good teams have a plan, and stick with it. Bowles and Maac might not be the right guys for the job. But firing them after 1 bad year makes no sense. You hired them to do a job. Let them do it.

DIng Ding Ding.

20 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

DIng Ding Ding.

Yeah, with this theory we should've kept Idzik who drafted Dee Milliner, Calvin Pryor, Geno Smith, and Jace Amaro with our 1st and 2nd round picks in a 2 year span. 

1 minute ago, Mecca said:

Yeah, with this theory we should've kept Idzik who drafted Dee Milliner, Calvin Pryor, Geno Smith, and Jace Amaro with our 1st and 2nd round picks in a 2 year span. 

I think Idzik's demeanor in that presser did him in, so in that case, there were off the field circumstances. That being said, it was not fair to fire him after two years. And I think there are some who believe that

11 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Doesn't matter. Fans were calling for Coughlin's head beginning with that 7-9 season.  Did the Giants instantly get rid of him? No. 

Super Bowl rings don't matter? Neither do you. IGNORE. 

Archived