Trade Sheldon?

TNJet

8 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The fans don't even know what his value is.  People in here were screaming for a 1.

I don't think the Jets are in a position, like NE to trade low and look good

NE is a winner the NY Jets are not, players want to play for winners and the opportunity to play in a Super Bowl. 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

A third would be a steal for a guy that needs to go and everyone knows it. 

Macc is a bad negotiator and sticks to what he believes the value of the player is in his mind when the rest of the league says it's different. That's why Sheldon is still here. He could have moved him last season. 

For what a 5th rounder? 

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

For what a 5th rounder? 

4 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

A third would be a steal for a guy that needs to go and everyone knows it. 

Macc is a bad negotiator and sticks to what he believes the value of the player is in his mind when the rest of the league says it's different. That's why Sheldon is still here. He could have moved him last season. 

You have no idea that he "could have moved Sheldon" unless your are inside Florham Park. Do you know whether or not he made multiple attempts to trade him?  I would have liked to see a trade.  But not for a bag of peanuts. Neither I nor you knows what efforts Mac made or didn't to move Richardson.   

4 hours ago, Butterfield said:

I could see the cowboys, bengaks and browns looking to trade for him.  

I see the value for him being a high 3rd round pick,

So, i could see (and would be content with)...

Sheldon and a 5th to Dallas for their 2nd.  They need help on defense and have had success drafting later.  Ends up being worth a high 3rd round pick.

Shrldon to Cleveland for the first pick of the 3rd round.  They are going to feel th need to win soon, and were willing to take a guy like Jaime Collins.  This is good value for potential talent.

Sheldon to Cincinatti for their 3rd round pick, or Sheldon and a 6th for McCarron and a 4th.  They may look to replace Peko with a younger talent and have been willing to take risky players before.  He would fit well with that defense.

Jmo  the Dallas Cowboys are too much up against the cap to afford Sheldon Richardson.   Last year interest was probably as a rental player.    

The  most logical team is the Browns . they have to upgrade their talent and probably would be willing to invest big dollars in signing him longterm. Like Jaimie Collins, it wouldn't be bad move on their part.

Just now, Raideraholic said:

Not with that contract he isn't.     Tough for a team to offer something higher with that salary, and what he did last year.

Fitz and Wilk... last offseason was not good for Macc.  

He better make some good decisions this offseason.

On January 8, 2017 at 8:13 AM, Jetster said:

I've been thinking about this & I believe the Jets knowing he's in a contract year will keep him, hopefully he balls out and let him walk in free agency for a high compensation pick. The compensation pick will probably be higher than what they can get on a fire sale. The other option I would absolutely LOVE is if Jerry Jones would trade Ron Leary straight up for him. That's a win, win, for both franchises.

That depends on what the Jets do in Fa in 2018( I believe they will have a lot of Cap space).  If the Jets are big spenders in 2018 ,than it's conceivable they might not get a compensation pick.

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

You have no idea that he "could have moved Sheldon" unless your are inside Florham Park. Do you know whether or not he made multiple attempts to trade him?  I would have liked to see a trade.  But not for a bag of peanuts. Neither I nor you knows what efforts Mac made or didn't to move Richardson.   

Lol. Google is your friend:

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/stephen-jones-explains-why-cowboys-didnt-pursue-a-deal-for-sheldon-richardson-110216

49 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones said the team didn’t pull the trigger because the asking price was too high.

“You can’t just overpay for something even though you may want it and it may be tempting,” Jones said Wednesday, via the Star Telegram. “We just didn’t feel like the value was there in terms of the trade for us.

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 0:46 AM, Charlie Brown said:

Mike Westoff said that the Jets Defense this year might have been the most disappointing unit in "all of football" and he might very well be right........ 

Love the Westoff. Great listen on SNY and ESPN radio during football season.

3 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

this in no way verifies anything you alleged. It doesnt prove that Mac could have moved Richardson or even that he made an attempt to do so and if so, to which teams and for how much?  The article doesn't even confirm that the Jets and Cowboys were even in negotiations.   If anything, the implication is that the Cowboys, based on their urgent need, reached out to Mac with an extremely low ball offer which was rejected here.   You have no clue what Mac did with Sheldon and its obvious you would have traded Sheldon for a warm beer and a pretzyl.   Nothing of substance in your claim.  

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

this in no way verifies anything you alleged. It doesnt prove that Mac could have moved Richardson or even that he made an attempt to do so and if so, to which teams and for how much?  The article doesn't even confirm that the Jets and Cowboys were even in negotiations.   If anything, the implication is that the Cowboys, based on their urgent need, reached out to Mac with an extremely low ball offer which was rejected here.   You have no clue what Mac did with Sheldon and its obvious you would have traded Sheldon for a warm beer and a pretzyl.   Nothing of substance in your claim.  

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/64484/report-jets-called-cowboys-to-shop-de-sheldon-richardson
http://es.pn/2eY6MTL

Macc literally called the Cowboys and initiated trade talks. Again, this is common knowledge and easily found. You have no idea what you're talking about. Please do some research and then respond. 

15 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/64484/report-jets-called-cowboys-to-shop-de-sheldon-richardson
http://es.pn/2eY6MTL

Macc literally called the Cowboys and initiated trade talks. Again, this is common knowledge and easily found. You have no idea what you're talking about. Please do some research and then respond. 

how does that prove that Mac "could have moved Sheldon"?  Even if he called Dallas, which could easily have been the other way around... if Dallas wanted him for a 5th round or lower, then bravo for Mac not yielding.  It is absurd to argue that Mac should have dumped Sheldon for a song.  With Sheldon's suspension and potential for another one, which would be an entire season, his value is very low and he's not worth trying to move unless you have a team desperate for a 3-4 DE. Your OP makes it sound like Mac had his choice of suitors for Richardson and played hard to get.  Let me know when you find that in google.  Criticizing Mac for not trading Richardson is foolish because you have no idea how lowball any offers were.  You seem to be assuming Dallas offered somethng of substance. I'll bet it was no more than a 6th or conditional 5th if that much.  No deal.  Good for Mac.  

Where Mac should be criticized is in yielding to Wilk, who isn't worth the money he got. And then there's Fitz...  to whom Mac caved as well.  Therein lies the Mac follies.  Not Sheldon.

6 hours ago, Dcat said:

how does that prove that Mac "could have moved Sheldon"?  Even if he called Dallas, which could easily have been the other way around... if Dallas wanted him for a 5th round or lower, then bravo for Mac not yielding.  It is absurd to argue that Mac should have dumped Sheldon for a song.  With Sheldon's suspension and potential for another one, which would be an entire season, his value is very low and he's not worth trying to move unless you have a team desperate for a 3-4 DE. Your OP makes it sound like Mac had his choice of suitors for Richardson and played hard to get.  Let me know when you find that in google.  Criticizing Mac for not trading Richardson is foolish because you have no idea how lowball any offers were.  You seem to be assuming Dallas offered somethng of substance. I'll bet it was no more than a 6th or conditional 5th if that much.  No deal.  Good for Mac.  

Where Mac should be criticized is in yielding to Wilk, who isn't worth the money he got. And then there's Fitz...  to whom Mac caved as well.  Therein lies the Mac follies.  Not Sheldon.

That's a whole lot of words to say you're wrong. I accept your apology. 

3 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

That's a whole lot of words to say you're wrong. I accept your apology. 

No apology and not wrong.  Nice try.  You have no idea what Mac tried to do with Richardson outside of the Dallas nonsense where there is no clear story on which team approached which and whether or not Dallas gave an absurd low ball offer.  You haven't got one clue what Mac was looking for for Sheldon, if at all.  You pretend to know things you don't and claim them to be fact.  Ahhh... the beauty of the message boards where you can pretend your opinions are facts.

Again, if you want to rip Mac, there are plenty of reasons to do so: such as caving in to Fitz; Caving in to Wilk and vastly overpaying for both non-performers.  Those things we know and are facts.  But with Richardson, none of us, including you, has a clue what was said, offered or rejected by or to Mac from any team including the Dallas Cowboys.  

14 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

If this is in fact true & Jerry Jones thought the price was too high it proves that all of these Owner/GMs make mistakes. Can you imagine a rejuvenated Richardson trying to prove himself again on the big stage?

The Cowboys needed 1 defensive play, ONE, to beat Green Bay in that playoff game. Sheldon could have been the missing piece to changing that game with just 1 play, one sack, one stop behind the line, a strip, anything. 

Had the Cowboys faced the Falcons, Matt Ryan would have sat on his azz for 3/4 of the game while the Boys Oline steamrolled that puny Falcon D. Talk about a mismatch. It took Aaron Roger miracle throws to win that game, Ryans good, but he's no Aaron Rogers. 

I think Jerry Jones screwed himself out of a Super Bowl trip not working a deal for Sheldon Richardson.

16 hours ago, Mike135 said:

So if Sheldon is worth a 3rd, what's Wilk worth?

If it's a 3rd or better, trade him instead.

I felt the same way last year too. But man after the stuff Sheldon has pulled and still hasn't learned. We need guys who are commited to this team. We need a good chemistry here. I'm over this dude.

He is more talented than Mo, and had a higher ceiling. I just don't think he'll ever reach that ceiling cause of his attitude. 

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

No apology and not wrong.  Nice try.  You have no idea what Mac tried to do with Richardson outside of the Dallas nonsense where there is no clear story on which team approached which and whether or not Dallas gave an absurd low ball offer.  You haven't got one clue what Mac was looking for for Sheldon, if at all.  You pretend to know things you don't and claim them to be fact.  Ahhh... the beauty of the message boards where you can pretend your opinions are facts.

Again, if you want to rip Mac, there are plenty of reasons to do so: such as caving in to Fitz; Caving in to Wilk and vastly overpaying for both non-performers.  Those things we know and are facts.  But with Richardson, none of us, including you, has a clue what was said, offered or rejected by or to Mac from any team including the Dallas Cowboys.  

Macc wanted a first, was rebuked. This was widely reported. If Macc could have gotten a 2nd or 3rd for a guy they don't need and is a problem in the locker room he should have taken it. Macc is bad for many reasons including overvaluing his players. 

3 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Macc wanted a first, was rebuked. This was widely reported. If Macc could have gotten a 2nd or 3rd for a guy they don't need and is a problem in the locker room he should have taken it. Macc is bad for many reasons including overvaluing his players. 

So basically Carl Macc failed to unload Sheldon Richardson is this what you are saying. 

A player nobody in the league would give a 1st round pick to acquire is worshipped by jets fans and would have been the difference between the Cowboys not getting to the Super bowl .

What a fan base . If only they would channel the love fest they have towards some of these players towards the team .

14 hours ago, Dcat said:

Mac couldn't move Mo either some thought Mo wanted close to Watt money but they were wrong he wanted more...:blink:

Now, if a potential (and partially proven) young Franchise QB can be had for a 2nd round pick:

Ben Volin of the Boston Globe believes the Patriots can expect a second-round pick in return for Jimmy Garoppolo.

With Tom Brady still at the height of his powers, the Patriots will be looking to trade Garoppolo as he enters the last year of his contract. Volin notes that Matt Cassel, Kevin Kolb, Matt Schaub were traded under similar circumstances and all fetched second-round picks. The Bears, Browns and 49ers have already been linked to Garoppolo and more teams could enter the fray as the offseason rolls on. It's hard to say where Garoppolo will land, but it looks like he's played his last down as a Patriot.

Source: Boston Globe 
Feb 12 - 9:29 AM

Then getting a 3rd round pick for a tainted non-stop motor DE who's just one more infraction from a 1 year suspension by the league IS GOOD VALUE. I would take it at this point in time and RUN. Fans ALWAYS over value their own players and we've seen moreso over time that teams value their 1st round pick MORE than a proven player who is due for a hefty pay-day. Take the pick, restock on YOUNG & CHEAP talent, and set a new tone with younger players while shipping out disgruntled lockerroom megaphones. 

7 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

I felt the same way last year too. But man after the stuff Sheldon has pulled and still hasn't learned. We need guys who are commited to this team. We need a good chemistry here. I'm over this dude.

He is more talented than Mo, and had a higher ceiling. I just don't think he'll ever reach that ceiling cause of his attitude. 

Sure Sheldon isn't perfect, but Wilkerson is?  Compare the effort these two give on the field.  Than ask who is more committed to the team.

At least Sheldon can/will eventually grow up and stop with the off field BS.

Wilk may not play hard again until he's due for his next contract.

Archived