Report: Jets set to Interview Eric Studesville for Vacant OC Position

JetNation

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When Studesville was being interviewed, he was a semi-retarded bum, now that he's staying in Denver he's the 2nd coming of Bill Walsh and the Jets last desperate hope of hiring a qualified offensive coordinator

Tabloid "journalists" and message board trolls can always flip to whatever side makes makes for the more scurrilous story 

12 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

When Studesville was being interviewed, he was a semi-retarded bum, now that he's staying in Denver he's the 2nd coming of Bill Walsh and the Jets last desperate hope of hiring a qualified offensive coordinator

Tabloid "journalists" and message board trolls can always flip to whatever side makes makes for the more scurrilous story 

Amazing isnt it?  Funny part is, did anyone actually interview him?  Reports were they were going to interview him, not that they had.  Was he being considered for the OC position or RB, is anyone sure?  Why would a RB coach, a long term RB  coach, turn down a chance to finally run his own offense and prove himself? 

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Amazing isnt it?  Funny part is, did anyone actually interview him?  Reports were they were going to interview him, not that they had.  Was he being considered for the OC position or RB, is anyone sure?  Why would a RB coach, a long term RB  coach, turn down a chance to finally run his own offense and prove himself? 

Cimini said he did interview earlier.   Regardless, it could have been for OC and it didn't work out.  Or for RB coach.    Or he really likes it in Denver.  Hard to judge at this stage.   Let's see what happens when the dust settle and who they actually hire.

10 hours ago, shuler82 said:

an up and comer who's been a RB coach for over a decade.

i'm sure he's a good guy and a good position coach, but he seems underwhelming as a guy we'd want to come in, mentor young QBs and design an offense

You're not following. 

He's a sh!tty RB coach if we hire him. 

If he takes a job somewhere else, then he's an up and comer that we missed out on. 

Is there a chance we are all missing the point here? does the Rooney rule not apply when hiring an OC?....if so does Studesville satisfy that requirement?

in which case the Jets have just gotten that formality out of the way, it looks good for Studesville in his resume and we are able to now make the nessecary hire as and when we are ready to appoint our man which may very well be tied into teams still active in the post-season

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Link?

The reports of low-level position coaches opting to stay in their current roles, rather than give time to see if promotion with Jets could happen, are posted all over the site. I know you're a bit thick, do you really need links...?

2 hours ago, redlichtie said:

Is there a chance we are all missing the point here? does the Rooney rule not apply when hiring an OC?....if so does Studesville satisfy that requirement?

in which case the Jets have just gotten that formality out of the way, it looks good for Studesville in his resume and we are able to now make the nessecary hire as and when we are ready to appoint our man which may very well be tied into teams still active in the post-season

Only HC. Nope.

59 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

This is a helpful comment.

Maybe Studesville does not want to uproot his family from one of the nicest places to live in America for a one year gig he may not be qualified for?

Let's see who the Broncos hire as OC.  If they end up with McCoy, and the Jets consider Studesville, what does that tell you?

On 1/14/2017 at 6:59 AM, Integrity28 said:

The reports of low-level position coaches opting to stay in their current roles, rather than give time to see if promotion with Jets could happen, are posted all over the site. I know you're a bit thick, do you really need links...?

Thick? 

From a dick like you?   

No link to the cause being Woodys firings, or whatever idiotic reasoning you came up with though, just as I guessed.    How about a link that any firing was made by Woody.  

Whatever works for you though.   

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Thick? 

From a dick like you?   

No link to the cause being Woodys firings, or whatever idiotic reasoning you came up with though, just as I guessed.    How about a link that any firing was made by Woody.  

Whatever works for you though.   

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/adult-health/in-depth/anger-management/art-20045434

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

You are the only one not laughing at you.

Who do you hear laughing? 

Voices in your head too? 

Was very simple.  You made a statement about Woody.  A simple request for a link set you off.  But I have anger issues.  Funny

I think the idea for Studesville that he could stay in Denver and have that security probably did it. Because the theory that coaches don't want to sign on with a 3rd year coach after a bad season after he was potentially almost fired makes sense. These guys have families and have to make a living. Plus we have no starting Qb and the star WR has worn out his welcome with teammates and is probably going to be gone On the other hand if he was able to do a good job and help turn around this offense he could be in line for a HC job somewhere. Most RB coaches do not get interviews for HC jobs.  Personally I never heard of this guy before and it's not a great loss. They will get someone but it's not a plum job even though it offers somebody a great opportunity. 

17 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I think the idea for Studesville that he could stay in Denver and have that security probably did it. Because the theory that coaches don't want to sign on with a 3rd year coach after a bad season after he was potentially almost fired makes sense. These guys have families and have to make a living. Plus we have no starting Qb and the star WR has worn out his welcome with teammates and is probably going to be gone On the other hand if he was able to do a good job and help turn around this offense he could be in line for a HC job somewhere. Most RB coaches do not get interviews for HC jobs.  Personally I never heard of this guy before and it's not a great loss. They will get someone but it's not a plum job even though it offers somebody a great opportunity. 

Jets turned him away to continue search.  He didn't turn the jets down, wasn't offered a job.

Rich Cimini: The RB coach is Eric Studesville, but he's out of the running. Late Friday night, I confirmed a KUSA TV (Denver) report that Studesville is remaining with the Broncos on Vance Joseph's staff. Studesville did, in fact, interview with Jets coach Todd Bowles. It was a good interview, I'm told, but the Jets wanted to continue their search and perhaps Studesville didn't want to risk losing the bird in the hand.

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Jets turned him away to continue search.  He didn't turn the jets down, wasn't offered a job.

Rich Cimini: The RB coach is Eric Studesville, but he's out of the running. Late Friday night, I confirmed a KUSA TV (Denver) report that Studesville is remaining with the Broncos on Vance Joseph's staff. Studesville did, in fact, interview with Jets coach Todd Bowles. It was a good interview, I'm told, but the Jets wanted to continue their search and perhaps Studesville didn't want to risk losing the bird in the hand.

Ok. He could have been under consideration but he signed with Denver and maybe was afraid he'd lose out on that opportunity if he did not accept that job. We don't know as Cimini speculated. Could be they have someone in mind on a playoff team. Looks like maybe Josh McDaniel could end up in SF not sure but when a team waits the way the 49ers are it usually means they want somebody on a team still in the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

Ok. He could have been under consideration but he signed with Denver and maybe was afraid he'd lose out on that opportunity if he did not accept that job. We don't know as Cimini speculated. Could be they have someone in mind on a playoff team. Looks like maybe Josh McDaniel could end up in SF not sure but when a team waits the way the 49ers are it usually means they want somebody on a team still in the playoffs. 

He wasn't offered the job, what are you reading. 

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Who do you hear laughing? 

Voices in your head too? 

Was very simple.  You made a statement about Woody.  A simple request for a link set you off.  But I have anger issues.  Funny

Yes, that's what is happening.

11 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Whatever makes you happy in your delusional world.

You were being a dick, move on dick. 

You can't go two posts without taking something the wrong way, and reducing the thread to one of your name-calling tantrums while everyone else jokes pokes at you further to get you to keep embarrass yourself.

Thinnest skin on JN.

Archived