Report: Jets set to Interview Eric Studesville for Vacant OC Position

JetNation

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread reminds me of when jets fans are mad on draft day because we took a player that no one heard of in a late round. That doesn't mean a guy we took is gonna be bad because you never heard of him.  Same with coaches.  The idea that we would all know who these position coaches are is crazy.  This guy has the trust of John elway and Gary kubiak but we've never heard of him so he sucks.  Its hard to watch people go through these emotional outbursts just because you're not getting the name you want. Maybe this guy is a great coach. 

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Franklin would be the best HC this team has had since Parcells.

You've said some dumb sh*t, but this one kinda takes the cake. This is up there with suggesting that we cut a 2nd rounder during his rookie minicamp which, regardless of how you feel about the player, might have been the most moronic thing I've ever heard on this forum.

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

You've said some dumb sh*t, but this one kinda takes the cake. This is up there with cutting a 2nd rounder during his rookie minicamp which, regardless of how you feel about the player, might have been the most moronic thing I've ever heard on this forum.

If you are referring to Hackenberg, I think this guy might be right.

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

You've said some dumb sh*t, but this one kinda takes the cake. This is up there with suggesting that we cut a 2nd rounder during his rookie minicamp which, regardless of how you feel about the player, might have been the most moronic thing I've ever heard on this forum.

If it makes you feel better, Hackenberg will be cut  by September.

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

If you are referring to Hackenberg, I think this guy might be right.

In no universe do you cut a 2nd rounder in his rookie season.  I don't even care if he sucks, only someone with severe brain damage would see that as a rational option.

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

He won't but even if he was, that doesn't change the fact that what you said suggests that you are out of your Goddamn mind.  

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

He could break geno's jaw and they won't get rid of him. Macc gonna keep him and never play him for years and be like "Hackenberg is great QB. We're just making sure the NFL is ready for him. We're defnitely not playing because we don't even understand how he could be this horrible.

2 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

He could break geno's jaw and they won't get rid of him. Macc gonna keep him and never play him for years and be like "Hackenberg is great QB. We're just making sure the NFL is ready for him. We're defnitely not playing because we don't even understand how he could be this horrible.

This is true, he may get redshirted again to save a scholarship.

1 hour ago, varjet said:

Woody may have blown this.  Maybe he should fire Bowles and start over.  My not firing him and not extending him, Woody basically fired him in January 2018.  Bowles just has to torture us for a year first.

He didn't 'maybe' blow this, he DID 'blow this'.

After this past season, by retaining Bowles, no one of significance in terms of a potential OC was going to come here unless Woody gave Bowles an extension (which was never gonna happen).

Alternatively, Woody could have hired a 'Head of Football Operations' type (like Coughlin), let them come in and evaluate the situation and decide Bowles's fate.  This would have removed some of the 'toxicity' for firing the coach after 2 years, or at least shown that he was putting football decisions in the hands of a known football guy where possibly a good OC's performance would be rewarded with a lengthy stay or promotion.

Instead, we get Rex Redux, Part II...HC sucks, fire coordinators as an excuse, fire HC next season.

Insane.

55 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Will Studesville call the good plays though?

There is no way of knowing. He's never done it before. Will he be the next great offensive mind? Maybe. Should we be the guinea pig? Hell no. 

Meanwhile, there are experienced OCs out there that have game planned hundreds of times, that have had to make split second play calling decions in big games, that have developed QBs. Meanwhile, this guy has worked with RBS. 

It's simply a dumb interview. There is nothing that he can say during that interview that would render him more qualified than all the other guys out there. 

If they want to bring him in as a RB coach/assistant OC with a guy like norv Turner to be groomed as our future OC? Sure. But he simply isn't qualifed to run an offense wth a bunch of young inexperienced QBs. 

What?  Perhaps it is just a courtesy interview right?  Yes, Anthony Lynn was an RB coach but I am still not thrilled.  I would prefer hiring a former QB coordinator come in to work with the QB's and call the plays.

Mike McCoy, Wisenhunt, or Turner would be my choice for experienced guys.

5 hours ago, dbatesman said:

He was offensive coordinator of the Bills for four seasons, and interim head coach of the Broncos for four games. 

Sometimes I wonder if there's some kind of reverse entrance exam for becoming a Jets fan, to make sure no one with half a brain sneaks in.

I'm pretty sure he was only the running backs coach for the Bills.

A bit of a different take than most fans here on the board...with the recent hire of Hurtt and Dennard, two extremely well-respected coaches in the league, and with Studesville potentially coming on board, it looks like the Jets are bringing in very good coaches

http://www.nfl.com/videos/good-morning-football/0ap3000000733494/Schrager-s-Ones-to-Watch-Eric-Studesville-and-Eliot-Wolf

7 hours ago, JetNation said:

While many Jets fans had hoped for a more experienced coordinator with a track record of some success in that role, the reality of the situation is that with no viable quarterback on the roster and a head coach who may be gone after next season, there will be better offers available to established coordinators.

The reality is we will NEVER get an experienced coordinator in here because we fire everybody every 2-4 years.  Ask yourself if you would go work for a company if you knew you were going to get sh*tcanned within 2-4 years.  I am PRETTY sure good OC's view us in that light.

3 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

One thing about this would be certain: if he was hired, we could all but guarantee we would be drafting Fournette or Cook with our #1 pick!

really, why?   what makes you think the OC sets the draft chart?    

if the jets take cook or fournette at 6 it will have little to do with who the OC is.  

2 hours ago, gEYno said:

This is an outrage!  I have very strong negative opinions about this coach whom I've never heard of before in my life.  The audacity of this interview.  I've had it with this forsaken franchise!

I know. Usually the guys who have been in the league for decades, unknown, unmentioned, working in obscurity, never mentioned as a a guy who should be on any short lists, and Stuck coaching the Modern NFL Equivalent of a horse and buggy driver.... THOSE are the solid credentials you want in an up and comer, especially if he's been silently up and coming for years....lol

1 hour ago, SBBound said:

A bit of a different take than most fans here on the board...with the recent hire of Hurtt and Dennard, two extremely well-respected coaches in the league, and with Studesville potentially coming on board, it looks like the Jets are bringing in very good coaches

http://www.nfl.com/videos/good-morning-football/0ap3000000733494/Schrager-s-Ones-to-Watch-Eric-Studesville-and-Eliot-Wolf

That's a nice video but all it tells me is that he has a long history of developing RBS. That's all. That's great but Powell kind of already knows what he's doing. Forte too (assuming he's back). 

We need a QB guru to run this offense. One that knows how to design plays that will get the most out of hack or pretty or whoever we draft. 

45 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

One thing about this would be certain: if he was hired, we could all but guarantee we would be drafting Fournette or Cook with our #1 pick!

Yeah, because teams drafting philosophy depends entirely on where their OCs background is formed.

1 hour ago, SBBound said:

Thank you for this positive post!!!

Archived