Maybe we Should've Paid Up...

oc_jet

1 minute ago, oc_jet said:

Leonard Williams is a very good talent, but he is no Damon Harrison. Maybe we should have paid Snacks and not Wilkerson... 

https://twitter.com/PFF_NateJahnke

C2AsMQKVEAArURn.jpg

Leonard Williams did not come at the cost of Damon Harrison. So, that argument is invalid.

I do agree with you though, we should have re-signed Damon and traded Mo Wilk and/or Sheldon.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Leonard Williams did not come at the cost of Damon Harrison. So, that argument is invalid.

I do agree with you though, we should have re-signed Damon and traded Mo Wilk and/or Sheldon.

I think 90% of Jets fan who actually watch the games and have an IQ above Labrador Retriever would agree with all this. 

15 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Sorry for not being crystal clear. I and every self respecting Jet fan knows that it wasnt a Williams for Harrison swap. Its not an argument, just a point to be noted. Further, it is at least a consolation prize for Jet nation that Williams was even included on that list.

Any and all fingers in the jets dline blame game need to be pointed at Mo Wilk and our GM (as well as the underachiever Shelf rich)

The Jets paid for a gold plated secondary that was total garbage last  year.

The Jets paid Mo Wilk coming off a broken leg and he played like garbage.

Leoarnd Williams and Snacks are totally secondary to the issue if you ask me.  We paid up and got sh*t play from the guys we paid.  If Mo wilk does not have a huge bounce back year next year it's another strike against our front office.

We are totally screwed with Richardson because though he is a dough head I don;t think he is totally stupid.  He saw what a good contact year did for mo wilk so he will have a big year next year.  If we trade him for peanuts we will look awful when he has a pro bowl like season for another team.  If we keep him and he has that big year either we let him go for peanuts again and look bad or we foolishly sign him to a big deal and then watch him float for the rest of his career.

57 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I think 90% of Jets fan who actually watch the games and have an IQ above Labrador Retriever would agree with all this. 

Well. I disagree.

Yes, of course Leo was not held on to at the expense of Snacks.

But I DON'T believe the Jets should have traded Wilkerson. And I don;t believe the Jets should have shelled out the kind of money the Giants did to keep Snacks.

Wilkerson had a bad season. But he is a great player. The Jets signed him as a long term investment. He is a prototypical, balanced, 3-4 DE. The value of that is considerably greater than Snacks- a NT. It was pretty much proven when Macc signed McLendon for much less. McLendon did not make as much of an impact defensively as Snacks but he filled in nicely.

As far as Sheldon, I can go either way. I 100% believe he was not properly utilized this year. He is an elite talent. He really is. You can argue he is a risk as far as off-field issues. But I don't buy that he is a locker room cancer, I don't buy that players dislike him, I don't buy that he does not show effort. The onl;y reason I would trade him is b/c he would be hard to retain financially once his contract is up.  

49 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Well. I disagree.

Yes, of course Leo was not held on to at the expense of Snacks.

But I DON'T believe the Jets should have traded Wilkerson. And I don;t believe the Jets should have shelled out the kind of money the Giants did to keep Snacks.

Wilkerson had a bad season. But he is a great player. The Jets signed him as a long term investment. He is a prototypical, balanced, 3-4 DE. The value of that is considerably greater than Snacks- a NT. It was pretty much proven when Macc signed McLendon for much less. McLendon did not make as much of an impact defensively as Snacks but he filled in nicely.

As far as Sheldon, I can go either way. I 100% believe he was not properly utilized this year. He is an elite talent. He really is. You can argue he is a risk as far as off-field issues. But I don't buy that he is a locker room cancer, I don't buy that players dislike him, I don't buy that he does not show effort. The onl;y reason I would trade him is b/c he would be hard to retain financially once his contract is up.  

So welcome to the 10%? 

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

No. Pass rush>>>>>>>>Run stuffing

Leo, Harrison, Richardson, Trading Wilkerson, saving +$10MM in cap, was the way go.  

Are you saying Beasley was the better choice than Leo and sign both Harrison and Wilkerson? Ok, maybe. But doubt you even mean that.  You're relationship to Mo as a Pass Rush and Snacks as a Run Stuff is why IQ lower than a Lab. 

Just now, HessStation said:

Leo, Harrison, Richardson, Trading Wilkerson, saving +$10MM in cap, was the way go.  

Are you saying Beasley was the better choice than Leo and sign both Harrison and Wilkerson? Ok, maybe. But doubt you even mean that.  You're relationship to Mo as a Pass Rush and Snacks as a Run Stuff is why IQ lower than a Lab. 

Problem is SHeldon has off the field issues.

The dude had 12 sacks the year before last. the relationship is not hard to see,

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Problem is SHeldon has off the field issues.

The dude had 12 sacks the year before last. the relationship is not hard to see,

When Harrison was occupying blockers in the middle? The defense and locker room was significantly better with him, not hard to see. 

Just now, HessStation said:

When Harrison was occupying blockers in the middle? The defense and locker room was significantly better with him, not hard to see. 

If they had kept Harrison and let go of Wilkerson, Jets fans and media would be screaming "Revis part II". 

BTW, how were they able to sack Andy Dalton seven times in Week 1 without Snacks?

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

No. Pass rush>>>>>>>>Run stuffing

Pass rush, I've heard of this thing, did we used to do it in the early 1980's? -Seems overrated to me, what you really need is a 30 plus year old Corner, who can't play man to man any more or tackle, and pay him 16mill per.

4 hours ago, oc_jet said:

Leonard Williams is a very good talent, but he is no Damon Harrison. Maybe we should have paid Snacks and not Wilkerson... 

https://twitter.com/PFF_NateJahnke

C2AsMQKVEAArURn.jpg

so much of this depends on the guys to the right and to the left.  the giants are pretty good against the run anyway so did snacks improve or regress?  as for the whole arguement about signing snacks over wilk, best case would have been keeping both and trading sheldon but that didn't happen.  i think the whole jet dline was pretty bad but not because the talent wasn't there just the desire.

Keeping Snacks instead of Mo would have kept Richardson at DE with an actual real OLB to play the position w an extra 10MM in cap to spend on an actual pass rush. Plus sure up the middle occupying blockers to free up the edge. Plus locker room leadership minus a lazy douchebag. 

It's not fuking rocket science.

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Any and all fingers in the jets dline blame game need to be pointed at Mo Wilk and our GM (as well as the underachiever Shelf rich)

The Jets paid for a gold plated secondary that was total garbage last  year.

The Jets paid Mo Wilk coming off a broken leg and he played like garbage.

Leoarnd Williams and Snacks are totally secondary to the issue if you ask me.  We paid up and got sh*t play from the guys we paid.  If Mo wilk does not have a huge bounce back year next year it's another strike against our front office.

We are totally screwed with Richardson because though he is a dough head I don;t think he is totally stupid.  He saw what a good contact year did for mo wilk so he will have a big year next year.  If we trade him for peanuts we will look awful when he has a pro bowl like season for another team.  If we keep him and he has that big year either we let him go for peanuts again and look bad or we foolishly sign him to a big deal and then watch him float for the rest of his career.

You get the best you can out of him, and let him go and take the comp pick.   There is no reason to pay him, you don't give that kind of money to a guy who gets 5-7 sacks a year.

Although, we apparently give that kind of money to a one legged man, so there's that....

10 minutes ago, chirorob said:

You get the best you can out of him, and let him go and take the comp pick.   There is no reason to pay him, you don't give that kind of money to a guy who gets 5-7 sacks a year.

Although, we apparently give that kind of money to a one legged man, so there's that....

I bet he gets over 10 sacks next year no matter who he plays with unless he gets injured.  He is going to be mo milk 2, have  a 'put it together year' to get the big contract and then screw up.  We are going to look bad on this guy no matter what we do.

Archived