Revis involved in Altercation; Criminal Charges Filed - MERGED

Matt39

6 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

He is a mercenary.  I dont blame him either BUT I have the right to dislike his character. I do dislike his character.

You have no clue what a mercenary is then.  

D Sanders was a mercenary, who sold himself to a bunch of teams chasing dollars.  Revis was traded once, signed with the Pats when no one else offered him a deal and came back to the team that drafted him.

Not a real good mercenary

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Revis had 1 amazing year, 1 great year and

Just now, Jet Nut said:

D Sanders was a mercenary, who sold himself to a bunch of teams chasing dollars.  Revis was traded once, signed with the Pats when no one else offered him a deal and came back to the team that drafted him.

Did he make the jets pay him $16 mil per?

Just now, Larz said:

Revis had 1 amazing year, 1 great year and

Did he make the jets pay him $16 mil per?

No, last time I looked the Jets weren't forced into signing him.  

You aren't trying to convince people that Revis had only 1 great year, nothing more are you?  

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

it's why we have the worst fanbase in sports.  we have arguably the greatest to ever play his position and it's not good enough for the fans of the New York Jets.

What are you talking about? Cavs fans hated Lebron after he left and now Heat fans hate Lebron because he went back to cleveland. This isn't about Jets fans, its about fans wanting players to be semi-loyal. We all know they are free to do what they want, but we appreciate guys like Mangold and Dbrick that were great and managed to make millions without holding out and bailing on the team for a couple of extra bucks. 

Revis was always going to be a mega millionaire without the need to hold out and hurt the team.  

10 minutes ago, JiF said:

He's an absolute selfish turd who thinks he's much better than he really is.  He won a Super Bowl with the enemy.  He doesnt care about the Jets, their fans or anyone other Darrelle Revis.  And that's cool.  That's his right.  But I'm supposed to love and respect him because he had a good season for us 8 years ago?

**** Darrelle Revis and his sh*tty island. 

You sir and I are in agreement here.

Jet Nut on UFA he doesn't like " I want to thank him for holding out and making the team pay him $12 mil"

Jet Nut on player under contract that actually holds out that he likes " No, last time I looked the Jets weren't forced into signing him"

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Go to a game and count the Revis jerseys.  

He got old, fast.  All of a sudden he wasn't a great Jet. 

He lost his luster years before that but fans had already forked over a few bucks for a Revis Jersey so they wore them to games. I still have a Revis Jersey. He is arguably the best Jets player ever (yeah, better than Namath). But that doesn't make you "beloved." 

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You do know we are allowed to disagree right? 

3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Namath, Klecko, Maynard, Chrebet, Toon, Walker......

I don't want to knock any former great Jets but not one of those guys was even half the player Revis was.

those 6 players have a combined 6 1st team all pro selections, revis himself has 4.

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

What are you talking about? Cavs fans hated Lebron after he left and now Heat fans hate Lebron because he went back to cleveland. This isn't about Jets fans, its about fans wanting players to be semi-loyal. We all know they are free to do what they want, but we appreciate guys like Mangold and Dbrick that were great and managed to make millions without holding out and bailing on the team for a couple of extra bucks. 

Revis was always going to be a mega millionaire without the need to hold out and hurt the team.  

Lebron embarrassed the Cavs w/ the way he left via FREE AGENCY, we TRADED Revis.  you don't see the difference?

47 minutes ago, thadude said:

Ok I'm answering my own question:

jets have a one day window to cut Revis and potentially save the $6 million on March 9,2017

There is ambiguous language in Revis contract stating the team can void guaranteed $ if it believes the player is engaged in conduct detrimental to the team

Revis's lawyers will file a grievance if the jets do this and then it's up to an arbitrator (if Revis is convicted or takes a plea deal jets probably win at arbitration)

where did you get the information on the wording in Revis' contract?  Link please? Hopefully, the wording is favorable to the Jets

7 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

it's why we have the worst fanbase in sports.  we have arguably the greatest to ever play his position and it's not good enough for the fans of the New York Jets.

No one is discounting his contribution to the franchise. At least not me. What I am saying is the fact that Revis' explanation of the incident is bullsh*t. Come on. Checking out a property at 2:30 in the morning? Please. Revis was most likely gone before this issue. The Jets cap situation practically demands it. Now this incident gives them a big out. They have to take it from a business standpoint. If they don't it only show's how foolish they are.

On another note if the Jets do release Revis all I can say is at LEAST he went out SWINGING. BWAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Just now, nyjunc said:

I don't want to knock any former great Jets but not one of those guys was even half the player Revis was.

those 6 players have a combined 6 1st team all pro selections, revis himself has 4.

Lebron embarrassed the Cavs w/ the way he left via FREE AGENCY, we TRADED Revis.  you don't see the difference?

Just now, nyjunc said:

please stop w/ this comedy.

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Look what up?  Namath I get.  The rest of the nonsense that people started spewing about Revis

Oops, forgot one of my faves, the incredible Mickey Shuler.  Any of you young guys who didn't see him play, missed seeing maybe the most clutch player we ever had.  Revis couldn't shine his cleats.

10 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

No you miss the point like Hackenburg misses the ocean, as usual, as always.

Not one Jet fan would say that Revis was not for a few seasons perhaps the best player the team has had, certainly the best at the position.

However he has used ever single device known to a player to maximize his dollars and showed not much loyalty to the org.  Every card he has ever played has been towards max money and a 'business decisions'.

Each time a fan gets kicked in the balls by a team or player it is because of business, well guess what, Revis is no longer worth anything as far as being a good payer goes.  As fr as hoping the Jeys find a loop hole to get rid of him?   Sorry it;s only a 'business decision'

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

Jet Nut on UFA he doesn't like " I want to thank him for holding out and making the team pay him $12 mil"

Jet Nut on player under contract that actually holds out that he likes " No, last time I looked the Jets weren't forced into signing him"

WTF are you talking about? 

2 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

No one is discounting his contribution to the franchise. At least not me. What I am saying is the fact that Revis' explanation of the incident is bullsh*t. Come on. Checking out a property at 2:30 in the morning? Please. Revis was most likely gone before this issue. The Jets cap situation practically demands it. Now this incident gives them a big out. They have to take it from a business standpoint. If they don't it only show's how foolish they are.

On another note if the Jets do release Revis all I can say is at LEAST he went out SWINGING. BWAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I am not defending what he may have done in Pittsburgh, I am discussing him as a player.

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Oops, forgot one of my faves, the incredible Mickey Shuler.  Any of you young guys who didn't see him play, missed seeing maybe the most clutch player we ever had.  Revis couldn't shine his cleats.

ok, now I know you are just joking.  Shuler was a good player, Revis is an all time great.

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

No you miss the point like Hackenburg misses the ocean, as usual, as always.

Not one Jet fan would say that Revis was not for a few seasons perhaps the best player the team has had, certainly the best at the position.

However he has used ever single device known to a player to maximize his dollars and showed not much loyalty to the org.  Every card he has ever played has been towards max money and a 'business decisions'.

Each time a fan gets kicked in the balls by a team or player it is because of business, well guess what, Revis is no longer worth anything as far as being a good payer goes.  As fr as hoping the Jeys find a loop hole to get rid of him?   Sorry it;s only a 'business decision'

he should maximize his earnings, there's nothing wrong w/ that.  

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Klecko, Maynard, Chrebet, Toon and Walker were good.  

Revis was much, much better.  

it's way too hard to compare positions like that.  of that group i like klecko and maynard.  not so much toon, walker and chrebet.  those guys are great jet players but not the best at their position when they played.  and, of course, you have to throw in namath. revis did dominate at his position.  he also didn't do the jets any favors with his hold outs.  probably the only good move idzik did was trading him.

4 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Do a second level TE, that's what Shuler was, was a better player?  Couldn't shine his cleats? 

BTW, know how and why Shuler "retired"?  He blew out a knee and instead of rehabbing he sued the Jets, the NFL and the company that made the turf used in the Meadowlands.  

Clutch baby! 

we have 3 players in the Hall that played the majority of their HOF careers as Jets and only one of them was an original Jet.  Revis is a lock HOFer drafted by us playing most of his career here and we are going to bash him and try to say things such as overrated wayne Chrebet(who, by the way held the Jets up for more money and cost us keeping Coles after 2002 but we forget that) is better than revis.

Archived