NFL Rumors / Signings / Cuts / Trades (Non-Jets)

C Mart

1 hour ago, nicg4360 said:

Osweiller looked pretty good in Denver and was only 1 year removed from that year he beat alot of good teams to help Denver get to the SB...Maybe he just needs a change of scenery but ...I would prefer us to look elsewhere as well.

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

No offense to you friend, but I f*cking hate it when people say this to try and justify signing a sh*tty player. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Could not agree more. It particularly made me laugh when everyone got their panties in a wad when we passed on Lynch and the Elway, the great took Lynch. Lynch may end up good, but the fact that Elway offered Osweiler that ridiculous contract has me seriously questioning his QB scouting ability. Being a great QB does not make you a great QB scout. 

Didn't Elway draft Tebow? 

No offense to you friend, but I f*cking hate it when people say this to try and justify signing a sh*tty player. 

Guess you totally missed where I stated "I'd prefer us to look elsewhere"

2 hours ago, Happy Clouds said:

NY Daily News reporting that ESPN signed Rex Ryan to mult-year contract, to be part of NFL Sunday Night Countdown.

No word yet from Mehta as to whether Rex has gained any weight this off season.

But, but, butt.... I was told that teams would line up to hire Rex's defensive geniuzzzzzzzzzz

17 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Only thing worse, right now, is the "he'll be a good mentor/bridge" remark. Which acknowledges the willful acceptance of the uselessness of the guy being discussed.

2 hours ago, Butterfield said:

If they are truly interested in Mcnown, i think that says a lot about what the think of Hackenberg.  Mcnown is not a starter and wont last all year.  

Which is the PERFECT way for Hack to transition as smoothly as possible in the mid-season as the starter going forward by mid-October.

The only way it makes sense to me to sign a guy like McCown is that you are unwilling to spend an early draft pick on a QB.  If you covet a guy like Adams or Lattimore over say Trubisky or Watson, it seems logical to bring in McCown.  Otherwise I'd vote we draft the QB and put him in the mix with Petty and Hack and forego the "veteran bridge guy". 

2 hours ago, Tinstar said:

I wonder what certain Jet fans thought about Christian Hackenberg after the Giants  pre-season game ?  That exhibition and what followed in the Eagles pre-season game is the issue the Jets need to figure out .

After the Giants game I felt Mac got his guy. The Eagles showed that the kid still needed to acclimate to the game (he never got TC reps) and validated why there are some who are SO CRITICAL of the neophyte. 

I believe that Hack can BE the QB. it's the only thing , thus far, rationalizing re-newing my STix.

4 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

After the Giants game I felt Mac got his guy. The Eagles showed that the kid still needed to acclimate to the game (he never got TC reps) and validated why there are some who are SO CRITICAL of the neophyte. 

I believe that Hack can BE the QB. it's the only thing , thus far, rationalizing re-newing my STix.

Those 2 games are who Hackenberg is . One week he will look like Joe Montana and the other he will look like Joe Monta'inia .

47 minutes ago, nicg4360 said:

Guess you totally missed where I stated "I'd prefer us to look elsewhere"

I saw it. Like I said, no offense to you. 

That statement drives me nuts. 

39 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Only thing worse, right now, is the "he'll be a good mentor/bridge" remark. Which acknowledges the willful acceptance of the uselessness of the guy being discussed.

Exactly. The team already has position coaches to teach these kids how to play the game. They don't need to waste a spot on the roster on an extra one.

2 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

The worst thing the Jets did was carry 4 qb's last year. Hackenberg didn't get any reps in camp, or practice throughout the year. 

He got reps w/the scout team during the week running the opposing teams offense..

5 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

The worst thing the Jets did was carry 4 qb's last year. Hackenberg didn't get any reps in camp, or practice throughout the year. 

This is the part I still can;t get about the people that are hackenburg supporters.  If you are a hack supporter you should be enraged at how the jets handled him last year.

Instead all you get is 'the plan was to red shirt him!'

7 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I like Rivera, would be a smart addition.

FWIW, Mychal Rivera is the brother of Naya Rivera, one of the cheerleaders from Glee.  Would attach a picture if I knew how.

5 hours ago, C Mart said:

Not sure either [Hack or Petty] would clear waivers to make it to the PS..

FWIW, at the time of the 2015 draft, people were thinking that the Jets would take Petty or Garrett Grayson.  Grayson actually went in the 3rd round to the Saints, and the Jets traded up to pick Petty.  Sometime last year Grayson was released and put onto the Practice Squad.

QBs that are in development belong on the PS.  NFL teams are often only keeping 2 QBs, and they both can play.  The Hack problem (and maybe even Petty) was using good picks to pick QBs who really are far from playing.  Those QBs should be drafted lower, if at all.

We may see another Ivy League QB, Alex Torgersen from Penn, get drafted or be an UDFA.  The Jets visited him at Penn.  That is a good candidate for the PS.  He is 6-3, 230 and played for a pro style offense.   he played for a real CA HS that won the state championship.  He just wanted to get an East Coast  education.

55 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

This is the part I still can;t get about the people that are hackenburg supporters.  If you are a hack supporter you should be enraged at how the jets handled him last year.

I am a big supporter, as you know. I was enraged by the way the coaching staff treated him. I was overjoyed when that senile bastard Gailey and the pantywaste QB coach Patullo got fired. 

13 minutes ago, section314 said:

I am a big supporter, as you know. I was enraged by the way the coaching staff treated him. I was overjoyed when that senile bastard Gailey and the pantywaste QB coach Patullo got fired. 

As it turned out, it was probably the best thing that could have ever happened to that kid . What he did was practice against multiple defensive schemes instead of learning an offense he would never use . Since nobody messed with his footwork in Gailey's offense, the new OC can direct him in what he wants without him having to forget yet another offense .

Sometimes it better to be lucky than good.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

It was infuriating.  Gailey is at the end of his career and the last thing he wanted was to monkey around with a raw rookie in need of serious coaching.  Fu-K him.  He never even tried to do anything with this kid, just shelving him for a season probably because he knew that he's be done in New York after 2016.  I can't understand how nobody sees this. Gailey had zero interest in dealing with a rookie QB.  Or a sophomore one either in Petty. 

Gailey was a huge part of setting us back one year. ANd Bowles stupidly went along with anything his OC said bexcause he is Rex II, only wothout the big mouth.  Fingers crossed with Morton.  He should be looking beyond the short term.   We already know that Bowles will let him do whatever he wants, so a lot will be riding on Morton's shoulders.

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

He was 6 for 16 with a td and an int and a fumble for a whopping 37.5 comp rate and people think he was lights out vs the giants?  Fuc* me.

Just finished RE-watching Hacks' Giants game. He enters at the 12th minute in the 4th after Petty's 78 yard return Pick 6 to a DT. A guy entering COLD with no practice reps:

The first 2 passes hit the receiver in the hands and they dropped it. He then gets a delay of game penalty creating a 3rd and 15. He then ZINGS it down the seam low and away for TE sliding Sudfeld for 16 yards and a 1st down. Next play, Hack throws a wobbly dart down the seam AGAIN (sees the weakness in the Defense) to Charone Peake for 26 yards and a 1st down. 2/4 for 42 yards thus far. After a 1 yard run play, Hack GUNS IT to single covered Robby Anderson on an OUT ROUTE for another 26 yards. Next play a gorgeous Rainbow Fade to Robby Anderson for a TD!

2nd Drive: Jets Punt return it to the Giants 14 yard Line. Hack in the RED ZONE.

Hack guns it to Robby Anderson who's 1 yard in the end zone b/t the hashes but the SS in zone coverage gets a hand up to tip the pass and incomplete. Next to plays are runs for 3 yards and a loss of one. Bowles decides for the FG. 

I saw it live and have watched it OVER AND OVER enough on GamePass to understand WHY Mac took Hack in the 2nd. Yes, the rest of the game he showed he is STILL RAW (as did the Eagles game), but there are traits Hack has that can't be coached and I'd rather have a GM that's willing to swing for a high ceiling franchise QB in the 2nd if his scouting acumen leads him in that direction. 

11 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I can't think of a single phrase that better captures this fanbase's wanton defiance of reality in re: Hackenberg than "wobbly dart."

I can't think of a more typical troll response. You're reaching PatsTXFan levels. 

If you take into consideration that sadly some of our more successful QBs  of recent times were lobbers (Fitz, Sanchez, Pennington) it's GOOD TO SEE REAL VELOCITY on the throws that Hack makes. Yes, they are not all pretty spirals all the time, but they get there with ZIP to the WR. Something Jets starting QBs have usually lacked. 

So go $hit on some other parade and I'm glad I can so succinctly capture the deluded-ness of the Jets fanbase at the mere whisk of my fingers on a keyboard. 

2 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

I can't think of a more typical troll response. You're reaching PatsTXFan levels. 

If you take into consideration that sadly some of our more successful QBs  of recent times were lobbers (Fitz, Sanchez, Pennington) it's GOOD TO SEE REAL VELOCITY on the throws that Hack makes. Yes, they are not all pretty spirals all the time, but they get there with ZIP to the WR. Something Jets starting QBs have usually lacked. 

So go $hit on some other parade and I'm glad I can so succinctly capture the deluded-ness of the Jets fanbase at the mere whisk of my fingers on a keyboard. 

Real. Velocity.

Archived