Jump to content

NFL Rumors / Signings / Cuts / Trades (Non-Jets)


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If the Jets are going to overpay anybody in FA, I would rather it be a 26 year old OLBer with production than a QB who's an unknown

Well, the Jets got McCown, you knew the Browns were gonna have to retaliate. 

Posted Images

58 minutes ago, Larz said:

The only purpose to The wine and dine is to sell the sizzle of the nyc lifestyle snd drive the asking price down. Everything else can be done on skype

McCown is married with kids, and a devout Christian. I doubt he is interested in the nightlife in NYC. 

More likely they discussed what his role would be on the team, mentoring the young pups.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
McCown is married with kids, and a devout Christian. I doubt he is interested in the nightlife in NYC. 
More likely they discussed what his role would be on the team, mentoring the young pups.

One trip to scores and he's ours
  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Jetnation replied:

Del Friscos is overrated, Macaggnan has no taste, Bowles probably ordered seafood while he was there, diumbass that he is, you think Bill Parcells ever ordered seafood at Del Friscos? Hell no, he'd get the sirloin medium rare, because he's still a legend, Bowles is a dumbass, we've become Cleveland, well at least going to Del Friscos shows we're committing to tanking, Macaggnan sucks, the next coach and GM better not go to Del Friscos 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Jetnation replied:

Del Friscos is overrated, Macaggnan has no taste, Bowles probably ordered seafood while he was there, diumbass that he is, you think Bill Parcells ever ordered seafood at Del Friscos? Hell no, he'd get the sirloin medium rare, because he's still a legend, Bowles is a dumbass, we've become Cleveland, well at least going to Del Friscos shows we're committing to tanking, Macaggnan sucks, the next coach and GM better not go to Del Friscos 

LOL!  The only thing you forgot was Mac overspending for a place obviously on the downside. Would have gotten much better value at Arthur's Steakhouse in Hoboken.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I'm still not in favor of signing him, but that would be my guess as well (whether it's Hackenberg, Petty, or a 2017 pick). Otherwise they'd just offer him money, through his agent, and he either takes it or he doesn't.

Only thing that I can think of, that would take coaxing over dinner, is telling him in advance they want someone else on the field, so he doesn't feel shafted later on when they go with a kid over him. If he's going to be resistant to this, find out now, and read it on his face instead of just having his agent lie to them over the phone.

Sounds like he's ok with that - not like 10 teams are knocking down his door lol - and based on that they now discuss numbers.

lol maybe they were just hungry?  some of you people just nuts with stuff you come up with around here.

you ever go on a business trip to a new town and people there offer to take you to dinner show you best places to eat?  I have 1000s of times in many cities and 99% of those times we never talk business that is just movie melodrama. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Every time I hire someone dinner is the final interview for me. By then I know the guy can do the job, would be an excellent resource for what I need and would be successful in the role.  The dinner interview is ALL about fit/likeability.  Is this person going to succeed in the organization, will they get along with the management, do they share my values and outlook on what needs to be done for the business and finally do I think I can stand dealing with this guy every day for the next several years. So we never talk about work, we talk about sports, politics, philosophy, how we grew up, what kind of parents we had...etc...etc...etc.  If I come out of the meeting thinking man I liked hanging out with that guy....he gets the job.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lil Woody said:

Every time I hire someone dinner is the final interview for me. By then I know the guy can do the job, would be an excellent resource for what I need and would be successful in the role.  The dinner interview is ALL about fit/likeability.  Is this person going to succeed in the organization, will they get along with the management, do they share my values and outlook on what needs to be done for the business and finally do I think I can stand dealing with this guy every day for the next several years. So we never talk about work, we talk about sports, politics, philosophy, how we grew up, what kind of parents we had...etc...etc...etc.  If I come out of the meeting thinking man I liked hanging out with that guy....he gets the job.

Well put, and so true. Now, the million $ question......what do Mac and Bowles feel after coming out of the meeting? Or, more importantly, what does McCown feel?

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

lol maybe they were just hungry?  some of you people just nuts with stuff you come up with around here.

you ever go on a business trip to a new town and people there offer to take you to dinner show you best places to eat?  I have 1000s of times in many cities and 99% of those times we never talk business that is just movie melodrama. 

You take the starter out to dinner.

Business trip you take future mgmt out to dinner, not a future clerk.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Lil Woody said:

Every time I hire someone dinner is the final interview for me. By then I know the guy can do the job, would be an excellent resource for what I need and would be successful in the role.  The dinner interview is ALL about fit/likeability.  Is this person going to succeed in the organization, will they get along with the management, do they share my values and outlook on what needs to be done for the business and finally do I think I can stand dealing with this guy every day for the next several years. So we never talk about work, we talk about sports, politics, philosophy, how we grew up, what kind of parents we had...etc...etc...etc.  If I come out of the meeting thinking man I liked hanging out with that guy....he gets the job.

When was the last time you hired or wined and dined  a guy that added basically nothing to his last employer but you wanted to bring him in because you had nothing else?   That is our NY JETS. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Free agent QB Chase Daniel is visiting the Jets on Monday.

Daniel visited the Saints on Sunday, but the Jets would figure to offer him a chance to compete for the starting job this year. That likely appeals to Daniel. The Jets don't seem to have much of a plan at quarterback. They've been connected to Jay Cutler, Josh McCown, and now Daniel the past two weeks.
Related: Jets
 
Mar 20 - 9:25 AM
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...