What Could Excite You For 2017?

Warfish

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

So the question is, what could the Jets do, between today and opening day 2017, that would excite you about the 2017 season?

Clearly, we're in the midst of a tear down (salary and old man dump) and rebuild (going young, going cheap).

Generally, fans are excited about the "refresh" part of a rebuild, but not the painful period of losing that a rebuild creates.

So what could the Jets do within this structure (a rebuild, low cost, young players) that would excite you about watching in 2017?

a classic... 56K warning post... this isn't just uniform related... hang in there with me.. *also just my opinion..*

So I'm one of the few rare New York Jets fan.... from Utah.  (That's rare!  Trust me I can't even find Jets merchandise I like here..) and you ask what would get me super excited.. ? And then I read somewhere on here that the front office of the Jets actually visits this board.. so this got me thinking.... funny enough.. the Utah Jazz locally went on a little bit of a weird spell marketing wise and the current New York Jets Jersey's?.. well they don't sell.. not in Utah or..probably many other places.... so to the front office that reads this.. this is directed at you AND marketing.. this is how you make more money/sell uniforms and get people excited about the NEW YORK JETS.

So a trip in time..a little example here..

The Utah Jazz.. in their glory 80's days.. they wore Mardi Gras colors since they bought the team from New Orleans.. with the "note" logo.. course music/Jazz has nothing to do with Utah but hang in there with me.. main colors purple.. gold..green..this is what many kids grew up with in the glory NBA days of the 80's..

tumblr_my7zi9mTea1qcmnsoo1_1280.jpg

The classic 80's look.. Short shorts.. and purple/gold/green with the Jazz "note" logo...

Then the franchise decides to get cute.. and focus more on Utah and it's mountains and the west.... which like yogurt made in Utah vs. Paris.. "it lacks culture" so..YEAH they decide to take what was there and blow it up... so they took the note away..ditched the colors... puts chevrons on the word "Jazz" and even at a point drops the "Jazz" name from the friggin uniforms...

hi-res-725237_crop_north.jpg

These were ugly^ black.. teal.. chevron font.. who chose this?

Carlos+Boozer+Utah+Jazz+v+Los+Angeles+Lakers+rawx0G0CgVUl.jpg

Notice "utah" *barf*^ now the colors are blue.. light blue.. almost black..LITTLE OR NO COLOR...

uta-jazz-06-09-alternate-620x465.jpg

One of the ugliest uniforms.. did you see many kids running around in these?  Think these sold well?

So the Jazz have a retro night and play a few games in their "old" uniforms and guess what?  PEOPLE BOUGHT THE JERSEYS... People got excited for those games.. people loved the old school look.. the days they loved and grew up with with the Jazz logo **in the 80's**.. so what did they do?  They brought it back!

utah-jazz_dop0utpqtkva1nhns0bgs4p7n.jpg

Now granted these are not the best uniforms in the world.. but notice the colors and the logo.. they even cleaned it up and got rid of the "utah" bit.. and brought back the note on the shorts.. fans are buying these.. I KNOW they're not back east but fans are back.... team logo/identity is back...

Betting-Utah-Jazz-NBA-Picks.jpg

Ok enough of the Jazz.. I can't stand the NBA anyway with it's screwed up soft salary cap and spoiled player brats.

To the front office..

Simple words..

RE-BRAND RETRO THEME

9659298-darrelle-revis-nfl-new-york-jets-miami-dolphins-850x560.jpg

download.png

_DSC0749--nfl_large_580_1000.jpg

DITCH THE 60'S DIRTY GREEN LOGO/UNIFORMS!! IT'S BEEN 20 YEARS!  BRING BACK THE 1979-1997 LOGO. I MEAN BRING BACK GREEN! FOREST GREEN/DARK GREEN/LIME GREEN WHATEVER GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN CALL WILSON OR ADIDAS OR (NOT NIKE GOD NO) REEBOK OR WHOEVER AND BRING BACK THE LOGO! FORWARD THINKING WITH A RETRO THEME....  GREEN HELMET SPECIFICALLY! WHITE JETS LOGO. WHITE STRIPES - USE THE CURRENT LOGO AS AN ALTERNATE LOGO...  YOU'LL THANK ME LATER.

(it's cool.. I like it .. retro.. I get it.. traditional..cool 60's Parcell and all that.... it's done...go back to what you are.. WHITE-ON-GREEN).  

PEOPLE will BUY THIS STUFF.

corporately-registered-as-new-york-jets-llc-new-york-jets-wallpaper-hd-SrDrWs-clipart.png

1996.keyshawn-johnson.jpg

Isn't that beautiful!!?? ^^ HOLY CRAP I want to buy that uniform! So green it's beautiful!  80's baby!

Yeah I know you guys don't like that because well it reminds you of the Neil Odonnel days but trust me I don't have any desire to buy a current Jersey.. I'd rather have a Boomer Jersey...I look at all this Jets stuff I can buy online and it doesn't move me... unless it has the 1978-1997 logo/colors THEN I AM INTERESTED. It doesn't have to be EXACT what it was.. but look what the Jazz did.. and DO THAT... some retro themed look. 

shopping.jpg

^random merchandise but that's the logo.. not the 60's dirty green you're doing..

ANYWAY off the topic of logo (I know it's just my opinion..) ... what would get me excited is to see the Jets use the RUN TO SET UP THE PASS.. I MEAN POWER GAME... big lineman.. every down you can run it because you OWN IT.  RUN RUN RUN... reminds me of the seahawk days - I wish this team either drafts a 6'7" monster like Chris Warren and just abuses and runs down everyone right up the middle like a freight train.. YOU KNOW the Jets are running it... 

81475334.jpg

(Seahawks couldn't throw the ball very well but man did they run it during the 90's with this guy...)

1401582.jpg

^HUH LOOK AT THOSE COOL GREEN UNIFORMS.. 

Anyway also I would love to root for a quarterback that was good on the field and off.. kind of like this guy below...

82555046.jpg

^a guy all Jets fans can cheer for.. is it Hackenburg? Is it Petty?  Is it Cutler with his diabetes movement thing?  Is it Alex Smith or.. some good QB out there who.. is  A GOOD GUY.. and plays well and has a team that is built around him?  WHO KNOWS.... BUT I KNOW WHO IT'S NOOOOOT....

29906170001_5139672479001_5139662423001-vs.jpg

^^^^NO.

Anyway I would like to see the Jets players.. spend time at hospitals with children... Jazz do it.. I don't see Jets players doing that..  why not lift a poor kids spirit when they are facing cancer or some disease...might teach the Jets players a thing or two about being a professional.  That would make me more excited..

I'd also like to see Jets players held to a higher standard.. if they screw up they're tossed..or traded for the most picks/cash they bring.. I'm tired of the Sheldons... sign guys/players I can cheer for... heck sign a female assistant coach..give me some feel good stories...connect with the community...

I know the jets are going to be pure bad this season but there are ways to keep sponsorship/fans excited.. rebrand.. (and don't do it again for a very long time..so do it right..) and hire quality people on and off the field and build this team up... draft picks.. build from the draft.. as long as the players show effort the fans will be there... as long as effort is there I don't have a problem.. this team needs to build from inside and not spend heavy bucks on a CB or one position.. if you look at the Patriots roster they're way balanced cap wise.

To me you do these things and this franchise will do better.. financially and playing allllllllllllllllllso...lose the PA announcer.. encourage banners... do a #12 fan thing like the seahawk fans do.. have an ex-Jet player raise the flag... SOMETHING... 

Oh and if the two hottest cheerleaders go out with me well... ah I'm just dreaming.

Ok I'm done.. *walks away from computer*  anyway that's my .02.

027728527efc87519e6aad6ba0283a5e.jpgashley.pngashleysart2.jpg

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Pac said:

Geno under center...

like a Phoenix rising from the ashes he begins his crusade that results in a shocking playoff appearance and the reuniting of all Jet fans.  

Once and for all the stench of Ryan Fitzpatrick will be removed from my beloved Jets.

If this was an attempt to be funny, you failed.

If this was an attempt to actually argue for Geno, you failed.

If this was an attempt to rip on Fitzpatrick, you failed.

So much failure in one post.  Baffling really.  Very few posters can do that. 

46 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If this was an attempt to be funny, you failed.

If this was an attempt to actually argue for Geno, you failed.

If this was an attempt to rip on Fitzpatrick, you failed.

So much failure in one post.  Baffling really.  Very few posters can do that. 

Actually given this silly response I think I pretty much nailed it.

Now go back to bed.

12 hours ago, Pac said:

I don't love anything... I'm just playing the part that so many of you have created in your heads.  The so called Geno lover who supports their man through thick and thin.  It's silly, isn't it?

Back in the real world all I, or anyone else has ever said, was that Geno has all the tools and I'd like to get a final look to see if he's improved in a leadership role.  The punch was almost 2 years ago.  No one should care any more.  Get over it.

They invested a 2nd round pick on him and he has the arm talent and maneuverability in the pocket.  How about 1 more real look with an offense that doesn't resemble a pop warner unit.  If he sucks then great...  punt him after this year and hope that Hack and this years draft pick are ready for prime time.

It really is the best option for this year with this team.  We're not winning anything.

And if Hack outplays him in the preseason?  GREAT!  Start Hack and you have a backup with experience.

You sir, are a modern day Ernest Hemingway!

1 hour ago, Ex-Rex said:

Christian Hackenberg becoming a bonafide NFL franchise QB.

Yeah. Honestly, truth is Petty just does not excite me. *shrugs, So really for me, either Hackenberg takes off and burns all the mother****ers including me who are dead wrong, best case scenario....or 0-16 Darnold and a new FO/HC. Bottom line start Hackenberg you ****ers. Or Petty I suppose. 

Every other name I hear for QB makes my teeth hurt. 

Without getting into lame jokes or the hackneyed line of 'Jets suck and will always suck' or the ridiculous notion that we should tank for Darnold...

Per the actual question asked- between now and the start of the season. Not at the end of the season or during the season.  

1. I want Hack to get a legit shot to start. Yes, it would be nice if he shot out like a cannon and solidified himself as a starter, but realistically, I just want him to get a legit shot. This means the Jets don't bury him on the depth chart and don't bring in a vet QB who will expect to start without competition. Clearly, this would mean Hack has to also show some progress and not be on the bubble to getting cut. 

2. More vet cut. I'm fine with bringing in low priced, short term vets via FA to fill out the roster. But I think the Jets need to get rid of guys like Revis, Skrine, Gilchrist, and Harris. 

3. Have a good draft. You always want your team to draft well- obviously. But when I say have a good draft I mean have things go right. A little bit of luck goes a long way. For example, make a trade down happen- add picks. Have a player you did not expect to be there, slide to you. Don't miss out on drafting a critical position of need before there is a 'run' on that position. That kind of thing.

I will be excited to watch a promising young team with a promising young QB at the helm as the season starts. They may not win many games, but the effort will sure be there and if they play well (maybe even win more games than expected), the future will look bright. And yes, as most have already said, the key will be the QB position. I'm hoping for Hack to make a leap this year and prove everyone wrong. There is no reason to assume he can't do that.   

22 hours ago, Warfish said:

So the question is, what could the Jets do, between today and opening day 2017, that would excite you about the 2017 season?

Clearly, we're in the midst of a tear down (salary and old man dump) and rebuild (going young, going cheap).

Generally, fans are excited about the "refresh" part of a rebuild, but not the painful period of losing that a rebuild creates.

So what could the Jets do within this structure (a rebuild, low cost, young players) that would excite you about watching in 2017?

Honestly nothing this season is going to excite me at all. I hate to see the Jets lose and this team is going to lose bad. Hopefully our coach gets fired at the end of the season or before it ends..... That would excite me..... then offering Harbaugh 10 mil plus a year guaranteed for as long as hes alive no matter how crazy he is. And hes ******* crazy

Yeah you Woody Johnson

happy-harbaugh1-10-18-12.gif

Archived