Jamal Adams has an interesting quote

Matt39

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

We were never picking a QB in this draft given this regime has already drafted 2.  Why is this so hard for everyone to accept?  I am not saying it is right, but to think we were going to take Watson at 6 is just silly.

What’s silly is to sign a QB from the Cro Magnon era expecting him to be the future and have 2 QB’s you’ve drafted (who don’t see the light of day) get hemorrhoids from sitting on the bench.  Now that’s silly.

13 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Even at this point? 

Yeah even at this point. It's way too early to say otherwise. Since only one scrambling QB has ever won a Super Bowl (Wilson), I like my odds. Wilson was also kind of more pocket passer than scrambler. He didn't put his body at risk as much as many others do. Also Wilson could make all the throws without a true number one WR. So even when you kept him in the pocket he could make you pay. Calling Watson a franchise QB at this point is a bit premature.

On 10/20/2017 at 11:59 PM, CanadaSteve said:

Hindsight = 20/20

AND Watson would have not played as well for us, given he doesn't have one the best O-Lines, One of the best WR's in the game, and a solid running game.

Texans Oline is trash juice. Part of the reason why they inserted Watson so quickly is because Savage did not have a chance behind that line. He does have a great receivers and on tape they've come down with some ill-advised thrown balls from Watson. The running game for them haven't really been able to get off this year because of said trash can Oline. That said last I checked Miller was around 4 YPC so they've been just good enough.

The 20/20 game is funny. I'll be the first one to eat crow because I didn't expect him to jump out to this quick of a start, but he had some ugly holes in his game at Clemson(Reading half the field, staring receivers down, accuracy, turnovers, arm strength with some of those tighter window throws,). If he is successful as a pro, his success at Clemson should have superseded some of those ugly flaws. Specifically the turnovers since he was passing on such a high volume at Clemson(And looks to be a high volume passer in the pro's as well). 

Long term we'll see. 

9 hours ago, RESNewYork said:

Good point but I listed the names to show why they passed and they did not need Watson. But yes there were other QB needy teams who passed on him. 

But not sure why Chicago would get a pass. If we had the number 2 pick and took trubisky, what would the board be saying when we pass on watson.

Can't compare situations. Trubisky(And I guess Mahomes and Watson) wasn't drafted on what he could do in year 1, but we he can do 3 or 4 years down the road with what I'll assume to be a much more favorable situation at that point in time. And he's already come up big for the Bears in the clutch with what little he has to work with.

For a fact Watson wouldn't be doing as good if he played for the Bears. John Fox, they're suiting 1 NFL receiver at the moment, and the first 3 games for Trubisky are against very sound and/or top defensive units(Minnesota, Baltimore, Carolina). Ouch. Watson has gotten a chance to get some ground underneath him with getting to face teams like the Browns and the Pats trash D. His surrounding cast down to the coaches is way better. If he does it against next week against Seattle for sure I'll be making a Gatorade cooler full of Kool-aid to drink.

On October 20, 2017 at 9:59 PM, CanadaSteve said:

Hindsight = 20/20

AND Watson would have not played as well for us, given he doesn't have one the best O-Lines, One of the best WR's in the game, and a solid running game.

Agreed, hindsight is 20/20. Nobody knew Watson was a sure thing, just like nobody knew former safety Bowles was hellbent on safeties with our top two picks.

Life is full of surprises. Watson found the right team, system, and environment at Houston. 

None of that translates to Florham Park where he'd be stuffed on the shelf (behind McCown, Petty, Hack) by a defensive HC and a rookie OC.

19 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

We were never picking a QB in this draft given this regime has already drafted 2.  Why is this so hard for everyone to accept?  I am not saying it is right, but to think we were going to take Watson at 6 is just silly.

May be the clearest if unintentionally wrongheaded rationale for firing Mike Maccaganan ever. His prior year picks at QB are so awful they precluded using a top pick on a good QB. 

On 10/20/2017 at 5:45 PM, #27TheDominator said:

Why can't you understand?  We are not soured on Adams as a player.  We are soured on an administration that has no concept of positional value.  I am not saying that Maye and Adams will not be good pros.  I am saying that IMO:

Calvin Pryor + Deshaun Watson > Jamaal Adams + Josh McCown

-OMG!

Or even better:  Derek Carr + ???  > Calvin Pryor + Jamal Adams. 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

In real life, nerds run the world while jocks who peaked in High School bag their groceries. 

Awwww did you get pummeled? Poor guy. Well I could refute your claims because if you look really hard at things you would see that it really doesn't matter if you were a nerd or a jock in high school when it comes to down to it. The cream rises to the top as they say and being good at your job really has no bearing on what social circle you traveled in high school. I see you still haven't gotten over it though and I advise you to let it go my friend or it will effect you for the rest of your life. Of course the up and coming kids are at a distinct disadvantage nowadays. You see when I went to school you were taught how to think not told what to think. Big difference between education and indoctrination. I pity these kids because they are not equipped to deal with the harsh realities of life. If you cannot handle a simple word or a tweet throws you off your game how can you handle a full-time job? A mortgage? Raising kids? Any responsibility? Thank God I am in the latter stages of life because I would hate to see what this country will be like when these fragile flowers are running it.

6 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Awwww did you get pummeled? Poor guy. Well I could refute your claims because if you look really hard at things you would see that it really doesn't matter if you were a nerd or a jock in high school when it comes to down to it. The cream rises to the top as they say and being good at your job really has no bearing on what social circle you traveled in high school. I see you still haven't gotten over it though and I advise you to let it go my friend or it will effect you for the rest of your life. Of course the up and coming kids are at a distinct disadvantage nowadays. You see when I went to school you were taught how to think not told what to think. Big difference between education and indoctrination. I pity these kids because they are not equipped to deal with the harsh realities of life. If you cannot handle a simple word or a tweet throws you off your game how can you handle a full-time job? A mortgage? Raising kids? Any responsibility? Thank God I am in the latter stages of life because I would hate to see what this country will be like when these fragile flowers are running it.

That prompted this and somebody else is a flower? Confuse.

On 10/21/2017 at 6:04 PM, RESNewYork said:

That's what you got from my post? I'm happy you and other fans knew how much of a "slam dunk" Watson was. 

Again what I am trying to say, I guess he wasn't a slam dunk to NFL QB evaluators. Except for "Andrew Luck" type prospects, it looks like there is a lot of luck when choosing a QB.

This is the point.  None of us give a **** if Watson was a slam dunk.  If you are going to swing for the fences, you swing at QB.  Not with Josh McCown and "the next Ed Reed." 

On 10/21/2017 at 7:40 PM, Larz said:

What would it take to start a thread that doesn't turn into a QB thread? 

Is there any topic that could go 5 pages without becoming a QB thread? 

I think it would take being allowed to make fun of our safety falling down and saying stupid sh*t without hearing what a slam dunk choice it was and how Ed Reed gave up a touchdown as a rookie and how this kid doesn't have the '85 Bears around him.  

Adams is the unquestioned leader of this team.  I got to attend my first game of the year and watching him all game long...this team loves him.  The offense, the defense...it's almost like they all look to Adams after every snap.  He's very animated.  You can tell he loves the game.  He's always doing something after each play to keep the team hyped.

Kudos to our scouting team, he truly is a leader of men. ;-) He played great yesterday too, he does everything and finally made some game changing plans.

7 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

This is the point.  None of us give a **** if Watson was a slam dunk.  If you are going to swing for the fences, you swing at QB.  Not with Josh McCown and "the next Ed Reed." 

I think it would take being allowed to make fun of our safety falling down and saying stupid sh*t without hearing what a slam dunk choice it was and how Ed Reed gave up a touchdown as a rookie and how this kid doesn't have the '85 Bears around him.  

You know what. You're right. Jamal Adams sucks and he should keep his mouth shut. He shouldn't have been drafted. Every time he makes a play or a mistake will just be a reminder of what could have been. We good now?

28 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

At the end of the day, he plays strong safety. It's cool he plays rover close to the line and all....but the secondary still blows and there's no QB. 

19 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

You know what. You're right. Jamal Adams sucks and he should keep his mouth shut. He shouldn't have been drafted. Every time he makes a play or a mistake will just be a reminder of what could have been. We good now?

Yes.  That is exactly what I said.  

You don't help your argument by making mine for me. I never said that Adams wouldn't be good or even great.  I said he doesn't play a premium position and that his quote was silly.

I am absolutely tired of this. THe Jets end up getting a good player in the draft, but the fans are angry because he doesn't play QB. 

My ******* god fans are stupid. 

YOu want to know what happens when you have a QB and no team around him? When the QB goes down, your season is over. Ask the Packers and Colts about that. IMO you need the team around him first and then the QB. Jets are building the team around him then you get the damn QB

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

Yes.  That is exactly what I said.  

You don't help your argument by making mine for me. I never said that Adams wouldn't be good or even great.  I said he doesn't play a premium position and that his quote was silly.

OK he doesn't play a premium position. We should have drafted Watson. I just threw it out there that the Jets weren't the only team who should have drafter Watson as well. 

Don't you think this is just a silly argument in general? We should have drafted Watson but we didn't. Now Jamal is a Jet. This is never going to change. 

If you're argument is Mac, management, and scouting needs to be replaced because they passed on Watson, fine. Not saying it should matter, but other GMs made the same mistake. That's all

10 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

OK he doesn't play a premium position. We should have drafted Watson. I just threw it out there that the Jets weren't the only team who should have drafter Watson as well. 

Don't you think this is just a silly argument in general? We should have drafted Watson but we didn't. Now Jamal is a Jet. This is never going to change. 

If you're argument is Mac, management, and scouting needs to be replaced because they passed on Watson, fine. Not saying it should matter, but other GMs made the same mistake. That's all

Why do we have to rehash that silly argument in every thread?

Why can't I just make fun of him for thinking that poodle headed idiot on the Giants changed the game by inventing one-handed catches?  It's a revolutioN? 

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Why can't I just make fun of him for thinking that poodle headed idiot on the Giants changed the game by inventing one-handed catches?  It's a revolutioN? 

I have no idea. I don't even know what the argument is. I just saw that you quoted me. 

It's probably a little silly to have 7 pages dedicated to fans arguing whether Jamal Adams should or shouldn't have said what he said when what he said was so harmless to anyone? 

On 10/21/2017 at 6:08 PM, CanadaSteve said:

And there wasn't a draft expert worth their weight in gold who thought Deshaun Watson was worth the 6th pick overall.  The highest in any mock I read (anyone worth reading that is), had him going any higher than 12.  Imagine if we took him at 6 and he wasn't playing well? 

One year Richard Seymour was slated to go 20. He went 6 overall and became a 7x Pro Bowl 

this isn't about drafting in hindsight. To use a baseball metaphor it's about going to bat and hoping to get a base on balls.  Take a cut. At least fool me into hoping. 

A careful examination of this board pre-draft will find me in the Mahomes camp, not Watson. Mahomes was supposed to be a mid-late first rounder (some said he wasn't a first rounder at all) and he went 10 overall to Andy Reid. look at the year Alex Smith is having with that guy looking over his shoulder. 

My point here is don't believe the draft experts who say last years QB crap was garbage and next years is amazing. They don't know and writing off an entire football season before it happens is an act of pride. No one lives forever. We don't have years to throw away.  

38 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I am absolutely tired of this. THe Jets end up getting a good player in the draft, but the fans are angry because he doesn't play QB. 

My ******* god fans are stupid. 

YOu want to know what happens when you have a QB and no team around him? When the QB goes down, your season is over. Ask the Packers and Colts about that. IMO you need the team around him first and then the QB. Jets are building the team around him then you get the damn QB

It's better than what happens when you have no QB? 

Henry Ford once said "If you think you can or you think you can't, either way you are right."  

Drafting a QB is a way to convince a team that they can win games. Or convince the current starter that his career is in doubt and he needs to get his act together. 

no matter how good Jamal Adams turns out to be, he can be BRian Dawkins part II and Ronnie Lott reincarnate, this team didn't have the luxury of going back to back safeties. 

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

It's better than what happens when you have no QB? 

Henry Ford once said "If you think you can or you think you can't, either way you are right."  

Drafting a QB is a way to convince a team that they can win games. Or convince the current starter that his career is in doubt and he needs to get his act together. 

no matter how good Jamal Adams turns out to be, he can be BRian Dawkins part II and Ronnie Lott reincarnate, this team didn't have the luxury of going back to back safeties. 

I honestly believe the way to build a team is to build the team first and then get a QB. Hell the Pats have created a dynasty because of it. The team was already in place when Brady came in

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I honestly believe the way to build a team is to build the team first and then get a QB. Hell the Pats have created a dynasty because of it. The team was already in place when Brady came in

using the Pats as an example for anything is like trying to generate electricity by flying a kite with a key attached to it in a thunderstorm. 

they are the flukiest cheatingest worst examples anyone can use for anything. Unless it's an example of how the NFL is becoming the WWE.

Just now, bitonti said:

using the Pats as an example for anything is like trying to generate electricity by flying a kite with a key attached to it in a thunderstorm. 

they are the flukiest cheatingest worst examples anyone can use for anything. Unless it's an example of how the NFL is becoming the WWE.

Seattle did it too. The Broncos had to bring in Peyton Manning at the end of his career to get a Super Bowl

29 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Because it's not a silly argument until it's over? The last guy picked a safety over Bridgewater, the team sucked, the goofballs rented and airplane, and everybody got fired. This guy picks a safety over Watson, the team sucks, and hey guess where this is going because we literally just saw this episode.

Archived