****OFFICIAL JETS V CHIEFS GAME THREAD******

T0mShane

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

So are you going to celebrate like they just won the Superbowl then?

No.  But if you're waiting for that before you enjoy anything, you're more likely be forever disappointed.  I mean 1969-2017 is a long time to stay pissed off.

1 minute ago, ausman said:

No.  But if you're waiting for that before you enjoy anything, you're more likely be forever disappointed.  I mean 1969-2017 is a long time to stay pissed off.

"Settle for mediocrity so when you die, it wasn't all bad"

24 minutes ago, Bugg said:

The kind of game that will encourage McCagnan to forget how really awful the QB slot and OL are going forward and pick defense the first 2 rounds.  

I watched opening night when KC spanked the Pats. This KC defense is TERRIBLE in so many ways. Doesn't help things when Andy Reid is Andy Reid with timeouts. 

PS There is Geno Smith we know and ...loathe. 

There is no one on the planet (maybe a little exaggeration) that doesn't realize that the Jets have a huge need for QB, OL, 1CB (at least) and a pass rusher. We may not be able to fix it ALL in FA and draft, but everyone knows...

1 hour ago, UnTypicalJET said:

I disagree... do you realize how many times the Jets was in the red zone and had to settle for 3? They should have had 50 points.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Um; that's my point. KC had how many penalties to get the jets that last TD and that 2 point conversion; there was also a missed FG. That is KC 'losing the game'. As for the Jets winning it, getting into the red zone and only getting 3, is NOT the Jets winning...

8 minutes ago, ausman said:

I just want to be able to root for a team that I know isn't a phony.  We're not winning anything important with McCown.  Heck, this is probably his greatest season and we're 5-7.

7 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

There are 6 other teams that also have 5 wins.   So it's not out of the question we will pick 15th.  Btw, all of these teams except for probably the Raiders will probably strongly consider taking a QB.

image.png

image.png

Not going to happen. They play 3 out of 4 games on the road with 2 of them against the pats and saints. They are going to wind up 5-11 or 6-10 which will probably land them anywhere between 10-12th. 

2 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Jets-Football9.jpeg

This man says hi.

Really, you may not like him and think that he is doing a crappy job, but I am sure he knows football better than most, and he is perfectly aware on how bad we are at QB and OL. There is a difference between knowing, and being able to or doing something about it.

Just now, bostonmajet said:

Really, you may not like him and think that he is doing a crappy job, but I am sure he knows football better than most, and he is perfectly aware on how bad we are at QB and OL. There is a difference between knowing, and being able to or doing something about it.

Just going by his history.

10 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Not going to happen. They play 3 out of 4 games on the road with 2 of them against the pats and saints. They are going to wind up 5-11 or 6-10 which will probably land them anywhere between 10-12th. 

We can beat the Broncos and also the Chargers (as it's in NY).  That would get us to the dreaded 7-9 mark.  That's what I'm expecting.

4 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

What drafting an ilb who was innactive and two safeties that got cooked all game was not being able to do anything abut the legion  of other holes on the team?

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Tampa won;t move on from jameis so fast.  I'd be shocked if they did.

Why?  What have you seen from Jameis that makes you think he's so great.  If you were a Bucs fan, would you want them to pass on a QB if one were available to them?

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Cleveland might not either. Kizer has played better.

kizer is garbage and they know it, they will draft a QB 1st overall.  Better than a disgrace is not good enough.  The one and only hope for them not to draft a QB at #1 is if the whole organization gets fired and they start over.

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Why?  What have you seen from Jameis that makes you think he's so great.  If you were a Bucs fan, would you want them to pass on a QB if one were available to them?

I do not think he is great, but they drafted him high  and will do everything else before they move on from him, they may draft a Qb but won;t draft one with their 1st pick.

wow, the end of the game shows what it must like to be a patsie fan.  how many downs did they have inside the 5? usually it would be a winters offside or johnson holding penalty.  glad for the win even if it moved them farther out away from a high draft choice.  they really did play well in the fourth quarter and came back pretty well after being down 14 right out of the gate. 

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

What drafting an ilb who was innactive and two safeties that got cooked all game was not being able to do anything abut the legion  of other holes on the team?

Yes, lets talk about this one game. What does Lee being inactive today have to do with his play? He has shown a lot of improvement and has been very good this year. You could tell how much the defense missed him this game. Adams and Maye have also performed well for the most part this year and should be even better next year. This team still has a lot of holes to fill but you can't deny that this team also needed an upgrade at LB and in the secondary. I have no problem with any of these picks. 

13 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Again, you may not like the job he is doing. I may not like the job he is doing. It doesn't mean he doesn't know there is a hole there. Just because he has done other things, doesn't mean he is blind.

15 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

We can beat the Broncos and also the Chargers (as it's in NY).  That would get us to the dreaded 7-9 mark.  That's what I'm expecting.

It could. but I don't think its going to happen. They will go into Denver and lose, and get crushed in New England  and New Orleans. 

7 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Yes, lets talk about this one game. What does Lee being inactive today have to do with his play? He has shown a lot of improvement and has been very good this year. You could tell how much the defense missed him this game. Adams and Maye have also performed well for the most part this year and should be even better next year. This team still has a lot of holes to fill but you can't deny that this team also needed an upgrade at LB and in the secondary. I have no problem with any of these picks. 

saftreis and ilbs do not make you win in this league.  If you are drafting ilbs in the top 20 and a S at 6 these have to be pro bowlers not 'he is improving but still has huge deficiencies.

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

saftreis and ilbs do not make you win in this league.  If you are drafting ilbs in the top 20 and a S at 6 these have to be pro bowlers not 'he is improving but still has huge deficiencies.

What's your point again?  We have no pass rush?  No QB?  Splain please.

11 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Drafting an ILB at 20 is not that bad and you could argue he and Anderson have made the most improvement on this team from last year. Last year's safety play on this team was abysmal and they needed to upgrade that along with many other positions. I believe Adams will continue to improve and become a pro bowler in his career or is that just supposed to happen in year 1. Maye is also shown he can be a top notch safety as well. The facts are that this team has a good percentage of 1st and 2nd year players that look to be solid contributors now and in the future. They also have 80 mil in cape space and plenty of draft picks to fill other needs like QB, OLB, CB, OL. All is not doom and gloom for this franchise like so many of you believe. 

30 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Jameis is fine.  He’s dumb as a box of rocks but he’s fine.  He’s the first QB to start his career with 4K and 20+ TDs his first 2 seasons.

Archived