Jamal Adams is mic'd up

Maxman

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, prime21 said:

People hate because he was the 6th pick but you gotta love his energy and passion. I bought the shirt. Hopefully I’ll get the jersey if things go well.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

He should be everyone’s favorite player at this point. I loved the pick and wanted him well before the draft. Good to have him now that it’s all said and done. He’s been a great presence for this locker room and on the field. Dude absolutely loves football and hates slacking. We need 52 more Jamal Adams around here.

3 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Makes a change a football player actually enjoys playing football.

This is sooo important; we have players on the Jets who might be released or cut making millions but they are in many ways costing through.  

It is nice to see someone loving the game!

8 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

What is not to like in this guy???

Makes me want to be young again and play football!!!

With all due respect Charlie Brown, I can understand you wanting to be young again.

But, we certainly don’t need your football abilities around here. 

E733585D-B3FE-46CA-9DCD-AB203BF36803.gif

14 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

He should be everyone’s favorite player at this point. I loved the pick and wanted him well before the draft. Good to have him now that it’s all said and done. He’s been a great presence for this locker room and on the field. Dude absolutely loves football and hates slacking. We need 52 more Jamal Adams around here.

He really hasn’t been great on the field though. He’s been even arguably bad. The lack of big plays is also very concerning.

24 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

He really hasn’t been great on the field though. He’s been even arguably bad. The lack of big plays is also very concerning.

Lol, no he hasn't but keep preaching this to anyone who will listen.  You've straight up hated the guy since he was drafted.

47 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Lol, no he hasn't but keep preaching this to anyone who will listen.  You've straight up hated the guy since he was drafted.

They just gave up 400 yards passing to Alex Smith. He has yet to record an interception. I’m not exactly sure what I’m missing here. 

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Arguably bad? Dude stop. You sound ridiculous as hell.

The pass defense stinks. He’s given up what 5 touchdowns already this year? What am I missing. I’m not sure how you’re quantifying leadership or whatever. 

50 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

They just gave up 400 yards passing to Alex Smith. He has yet to record an interception. I’m not exactly sure what I’m missing here. 

Adams, in coverage gave up zero catches for 0 yards and was almost exclusively on Kelce.  There are 10 other players on Defense.  All I care about when evaluating an individual is their performance. 

He's a rookie.

He's been fine.

Only thing I will definitely agree with is that I'd like to see him force more turnovers.

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

The pass defense stinks. He’s given up what 5 touchdowns already this year? What am I missing. I’m not sure how you’re quantifying leadership or whatever. 

2 on Gronk.  1 was Offensive Pass interference.  The other he was bumped into by Kony Ealy (I think, I can't totally remember who exactly did it, just that he was run into by a teammate), allowing Gronkowski to catch the ball while being wide open and uncontested.  End of the day it's still a bad game but I'm not killing a rookie for not shutting down a guy who is, arguably, the hardest guy to cover in the league and destroys the best of the best.

1 on Sanu.

1 on Njoku.

He's had one really bad game and that's it.

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

He’s played solid besides a few rookie mistakes. Are you serious right now?

I’m looking at he pass defense being a bottom 3 unit in he league. I’m looking at the lack of turnovers. Tell me the positives besides leadership which is vague anyways.

46 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I’m looking at he pass defense being a bottom 3 unit in he league. I’m looking at the lack of turnovers. Tell me the positives besides leadership which is vague anyways.

So when the Rams offense was a bottom unit in the league last year because their coaching, QB, and line sucked, was Todd Gurley an awful player because he couldn't average more than 3.2 yards per carry, gain more than 885 yards, or score more than 6TDs; or would you say it was the other pieces around him dragging the unit down?

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

So when the Rams were a bottom unit in the league last year because their coaching and line sucked, was Todd Gurley an awful player because he couldn't average more than 3.2 yards per carry?

I always thought if you didn’t hear anything out of the safety position it was a good thing? Now that it’s Adams under the microscope it’s suddenly terrible. Sure he doesn’t have a pick yet but he isn’t really giving up yardage like this guy is suggesting. 

12 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I always thought if you didn’t hear anything out of the safety position it was a good thing? Now that it’s Adams under the microscope it’s suddenly terrible. Sure he doesn’t have a pick yet but he isn’t really giving up yardage like this guy is suggesting. 

To be fair, no matter what position is picked at overall number six, that player is going to be under a microscope. Even moreso when the team who drafts him has massive needs elsewhere and decides safety is what they need. 

On 12/9/2017 at 2:27 PM, Mogglez said:

So when the Rams offense was a bottom unit in the league last year because their coaching, QB, and line sucked, was Todd Gurley an awful player because he couldn't average more than 3.2 yards per carry, gain more than 885 yards, or score more than 6TDs; or would you say it was the other pieces around him dragging the unit down?

Not fair to judge Adams until we get him some real weapons

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

Not fair to judge Adams until we get him some real weapons

I'm not saying that at all, and I don't think anyone else disputing Matt in this thread is either.  The point being made is that he's done his job pretty well, especially for a rookie, and that's all we can use to evaluate the individual.  It's not his, or anyone else's (player wise) fault that we're paying big bucks for Buster Skrine to wag his finger at defenders who have blown by him 25-30 yards down the field.  Having zero pass rush and next to no depth at CB is why the pass defense blows.  Now that in itself is, obviously, the product of a different problem that most here agree on (GM), but I'm not going to hold that against a player in evaluations when the player is doing his job.  I'm going to hold the guy in charge responsible for that, deservedly so.

I'm not saying that at all, and I don't think anyone else disputing Matt in this thread is either.  The point being made is that he's done his job pretty well, especially for a rookie, and that's all we can use to evaluate the individual.  It's not his, or anyone else's (player wise) fault that we're paying big bucks for Buster Skrine to wag his finger at defenders who have blown by him 25-30 yards down the field.  Having zero pass rush and next to no depth at CB is why the pass defense blows.  Now that in itself is, obviously, the product of a different problem that most here agree on (GM), but I'm not going to hold that against a player in evaluations when the player is doing his job.  I'm going to hold the guy in charge responsible for that, deservedly so.

Jamal Adams is supposed to be a franchise player after getting taken 6th overall.

Yet this positive review above me says he’s done his job “pretty well.”

That’s right, the guy we used our # 6 pick on. He’s doing a pretty good job guys.

Please explain why this should excite me. Because, f*ck me, but I thought guys taken that early should, you know, make an impact. 3rd-4th round picks are where you can find the “pretty good” players, no?

On 12/9/2017 at 8:57 AM, Charlie Brown said:

This is sooo important; we have players on the Jets who might be released or cut making millions but they are in many ways costing through.  

It is nice to see someone loving the game!

Good grief. Pay me 5 million a year and I’ll be doing some loving. How can you NOT love a GAME that is not only great but makes you stupid rich. 

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Jamal Adams is supposed to be a franchise player after getting taken 6th overall.

That’s right, the guy we used our # 6 pick on. He’s doing a pretty good job guys.

Please explain why this should excite me. Because, f*ck me, but I thought guys taken that early should, you know, make an impact. 3rd-4th round picks are where you can find the “pretty good” players, no?

As a SS he’s fair, as a cheerleader ?, he’s lights out!

On 12/8/2017 at 11:05 PM, Patriot Killa said:

You may get your wish. Mac may just draft another 3 safeties next draft.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Let’s lead the league in leadership yo.

#JetUp

Leaders show it through action, performance. You gotta walk the talk not talk the walk. He has done jack sh*t this year. Let’s see Madden 18 and I bet he gets burned like a paper mache.

296_537031434722798_l.jpg

44 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Nothing you just typed has anything to do with what I posted nor did it touch on the point.  I'm not talking about Adams's draft position.  I'm strictly talking about his performance up until now and disputing a ridiculous post.

"Pretty well" wasn't supposed to be a negative.  When you watch the film and watch the individual, outside of one game, Adams has been as advertised.  He, like every other rookie, has a ton of room to grow but he's shown flashes of great potential.  That's what you want to see in a rookie.  Leonard Williams didn't rip the league to shreds his first year but has grown into a great player.  There's no reason to believe that Adam's can't make the same jump and blaming him for the entire passing defense sucking is absolutely stupid.  

I consider myself one of the most vocal guys here when it comes to criticizing players and personnel, front office included, this season.  Players like Jamal Adams aren't the problem with this team, especially when they're only 13 games into their career.  

Archived