Keeping up with the Tank.

Patriot Killa

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

We do. We just need to strike quick. Buffalo won today which was helpful in pushing them further back because they scare me when it comes to teams trying to jump us. Denver in a little worrisome about too. They have to know Lynch isn’t the guy by now? Arizona could be aggressive. But then again, FA offers a lot of at the least competent play. That will dictate a lot of the QB drama. I pray we strike first. I pray. 

Denver doesn’t worry me because they are a win now team.  Yes they know Lynch is horrible.  I think Elway signs Tyrod Taylor or Kirk Cousins Who knows with Buffalo 

The team that scares me is the Giants.  They will have a higher pick than us probably top 3 and they know what they are doing 

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Denver doesn’t worry me because they are a win now team.  Yes they know Lynch is horrible.  I think Elway signs Tyrod Taylor or Kirk Cousins Who knows with Buffalo 

The team that scares me is the Giants.  They will have a higher pick than us probably top 3 and they know what they are doing 

I’ve given up hope with the Giants pick. They definitely are going QB, so we really have to interest the Browns into giving us th best QB in the draft like the Eagles did. It’s not our only hope at grabbing a QB but it’s close enough to it.

24 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I’ve given up hope with the Giants pick. They definitely are going QB, so we really have to interest the Browns into giving us th best QB in the draft like the Eagles did. It’s not our only hope at grabbing a QB but it’s close enough to it.

Why would Cleveland trade out of the top spot when they need a QB themselves?

5 minutes ago, maury77 said:

The only way Cleveland is trading down is if they sign a QB in the offseason (Cousins, Taylor, Smith)

That’s certainly not the only way if history has something to say about it. But FA is also a possibility. We have to be aggressive and try to move up to 1 if we want our guy. 

32 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Why would Cleveland trade out of the top spot when they need a QB themselves?

Would you want to play for Cleveland? Both Rosen and Darnold may pull an Elway/Eli and say DONT even think about drafting me. All of a sudden things get very interesting.

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

You don't think the Giants are a WIN NOW team? Go look & see how much money they have invested in that defense.

2 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I agree 100% with the bolded part. 

No way the Browns trade the pick. After the Wentz Fook up, they won't move, neither will the Giants.

SF at #3 will be the furthest we could move up to. That's either Baker Mayfield or Jackson. Only Rosen and Darnold are worth moving up for and both won't be traded.

32 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

No way the Browns trade the pick. After the Wentz Fook up, they won't move, neither will the Giants.

SF at #3 will be the furthest we could move up to. That's either Baker Mayfield or Jackson. Only Rosen and Darnold are worth moving up for and both won't be traded.

Correct.  No team that needs a QB is going to trade out of one of the twos spots - no matter what's offered to them

We're going to need to lose out and still aggressively trade up to get Mayfield and/or Jackson.  I would be happy with either one of them - IMO after the top 4 the QBs drop off. 

12 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Correct.  No team that needs a QB is going to trade out of one of the twos spots - no matter what's offered to them

We're going to need to lose out and still aggressively trade up to get Mayfield and/or Jackson.  I would be happy with either one of them - IMO after the top 4 the QBs drop off. 

You forget FA though. Case Keenum, Alex Smith, Eli, Cousins, Taylor, ect, ect. Signings like these could change the whole game.

13 hours ago, JiF said:

I only did top 11 to best illustrate and cover the range of players that the Jets will end up with.  I'm sure the The Baker is somewhere on there.  

12 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

updated since the remaining games ended...

we pick #11 now..not 10. Washington has taken 10 due to strength of schedule. We are 5.25 and they are 5.24

I’m a prophet.  Ward or Key baby!!!

13 hours ago, Maxman said:

The Jets schedule is brutal the rest of the way. That was the most winnable game. Not sure they are winning another one.

Denver has some winnable games. They could end up sliding up a few spots, especially if they end up tied with Denver and \ or Tampa.

I predicted 6-10 so they need to find a win in there somewhere...

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

QB or bust imo, but how do you feel about Key just for sh*ts and giggles?

Of course it’s a QB or bust just like it was last draft but I promise you Mac’s big board is not going to have Baker Mayfield or Lamar Jackson rated higher than the guys I listed earlier and he does not deviate form his big board. 

I want to see Key’s combine and pro day but on the surface, I dont see how he’s any different than Myles Garrett. 

4 hours ago, BigO said:

Skins have Broncs Giants Cardinals left. All 3 games are winnable for them. We just need them to win 1. We will jump up on draft chart. Sucks that all we have to look forward to is moving up in the draft.  Then again, if they continue to play like they’re MIA, it may be a silver lining ....a pink slip for Bowles. 

Haha this whole season has been about watching the young players grow and draft selection; makes sense that we are only down to one now :D

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

We’ll most likely end up 6-9 as someone mentioned earlier in a different thread. Would that be enough of a boost to help us trade into the top 3 because honestly i’d Take Baker #3 overall if Sam/Rosen go 1 and 2.

we have to secure a QB no matter what this year. No more waiting around.

The Jets play a 16 game regular season schedule like the rest of the NFL. 

23 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

QB or bust imo, but how do you feel about Key just for sh*ts and giggles?

I dont understand how a guy like Key could be a top 10 pick.  He had an off the field issue that was really kept under wraps, he has 4 sacks this season, and is 6'6 240 - he seems exactly like Mingo as far as not having a true NFL position and strictly being drafted due to his speed.

2 minutes ago, BCJet said:

I dont understand how a guy like Key could be a top 10 pick.  He had an off the field issue that was really kept under wraps, he has 4 sacks this season, and is 6'6 240 - he seems exactly like Mingo as far as not having a true NFL position and strictly being drafted due to his speed.

See I haven’t kept up with him at all this year or at all ever for that matter so I had no idea of this lol. Is there any edge rusher you guys love in this draft?

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

See I haven’t kept up with him at all this year or at all ever for that matter so I had no idea of this lol. Is there any edge rusher you guys love in this draft?

Bradley Chubb wont wow anyone at the combine and cant "bend the edge" like von miller but he is a 110% effort player, who would be a great fit as a DE, regardless of scheme.

Harold Landry is also probably the most talented of the group and was utterly dominant as a junior with 16 sacks, but was hurt this year and the injuries with him scare me a bit.  I cant see how he isnt a first round pick though.

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

It’s easy.  Offer the entire 2017 draft and throw in Lee and Adams who are both ridiculously overrated by jets fans and can be replaced by marginal free agents

I have no idea what the Browns will do. They could have 2 top 5 picks. I think it will depend on how they view Kizer and how they view the other QBs in this class.

If they like Kizer and have an even grade for the top 4 guys then go collect your kings randsome. Especially if players decide they may not go into the draft because you are picking number 1. They should still be able to get a top QB at 5.

If Kizer hasn't sold them and they grade Rosen and Darnold as the top 2 then there is no hope in trading with them.

I'm good with exploring the options to get up to number 1 or number 3, I'd be happy if we come away with one of Darnold/Rosen/Mayfield but with my luck we'll trade up for Josh Allen.

8 hours ago, King P said:

Nope. Strength of schedule is always the #1 tiebreaker.

If by chance 2 teams have the same SOS, they go to division tiebreakers if both are in the same division.

If not, it goes to conference tiebreakers (if both teams are in the same conference)

If not, then it goes to a coin toss

The team with “easiest” SOS picks first for teams with same number of wins ? 

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

Haha this whole season has been about watching the young players grow and draft selection; makes sense that we are only down to one now :D

Yes Petty and Hack are growing beards on the bench as we speak. All I hear about here is the young players, the young players. What are Hack and Petty? Retired? Finally by McClown default will we see Petty. Hopefully Hack. Or is Hack so bad that Mac has given orders to hide him on the bench so he doesn’t embarrass Mac. Hopefully draft pick can still be salvaged. Hallelujah.

4 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

We’ll most likely end up 6-9 as someone mentioned earlier in a different thread. Would that be enough of a boost to help us trade into the top 3 because honestly i’d Take Baker #3 overall if Sam/Rosen go 1 and 2.

we have to secure a QB no matter what this year. No more waiting around.

We all know how this story is Gona end. We will sell the house for a bust 

15 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Denver just beat the Colts. Making Denver 5-9 and dropping them down a few pegs. Actually pretty big impact on us because if we lose then I believe we jump a few teams 

2BFD2D1A-13E8-42BB-8CE7-F1E9BED9C507.png

Man, that KC win cost us 4 spots. We'd be at 6 right now had we not beat them

Archived