Keeping up with the Tank.

Patriot Killa

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, johnnysd said:

I think we could get to 6 pretty easily and San Fran is not an easy out with Garapolo, they could win out....not super likely but just saying...

Long long long shot to get to 5. The stars would have to align with the Jets and when was the last time that happened. To get to 5th spot, all these scenarios would have to play out since SOS has determining effect of teams tied with same record. Of course this is assuming we lose last 3 vs. NO 9-3, Chargers 7-6, Pats 10-3. 

SF would have to win out vs. Tenn 8-4, Jax 9-4, Rams 9-4. Winning only 2 puts them at 5-8 SOS in their favor. Texans are 4-9 and have Jax 9-4, Steelers 11-2 and Colts 3-11. They’d need to win 2 of those 3, SOS in their favor. Up next are Bears 4-9. They have Lions 7-6, Browns 0-13, Vikes 10-3. Bears just need to win 1 since we have SOS tiebreaker.  Tampa 4-9 have Atl 8-4, Car 9-4, No 9-4. They must win one in order for us move up as we have SOS tiebreaker.  Next is Denver at 5-9 who have Skins  5-8, KC 7-6. They need to win 1 of those 2 for us to leapfrog since SOS favors them. Bengals up next at 5-8 face Minn 10-3, Det 7-6, Bal 7-6. They need to win 1 as they have SOS tiebreaker. 

An encouraging sign is some of these teams ahead of us are playing better so we could move up on Texans, Bears, Denver and Bengals. That would put us at 6. ?

Why would 5 be far off? Jets are 1 game off from having the same record as 5 other teams in front. I can see each of these guys winning at least one. 6th spot at least. But if we even dare win ONE more game, it'll probably drop us like a brick.

5 - Texans: Jax, Pitt, Indy   

6- Chicago: Lions, Browns, Vikings

7-Bucs: Falcons, Panthers, Saints

8-Denver: Redskins, KC

9-Bengals: Vikings, Lions, Ravens

Sucks even though if Giants were to win their next 3, they'd still pick ahead of the Jets. Sigh...

8 hours ago, varjet said:

I heard on NFL Radio was that the rumor was that the the giants would hire McDaniels and Caserio.  If they pick 2 they draft Darnold-he comes out if the Giants or 49ers are picking 2. 

Great job on the meaningless Jets wins.  

While I share your sentiments, we both know there is a huge difference in perception for playing for either the Jets or Giants. We could have the #1 pick and some of these kids might not come out to avoid the plague that is the dysfunctional Jets organization.

38 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Why would 5 be far off? Jets are 1 game off from having the same record as 5 other teams in front. I can see each of these guys winning at least one. 6th spot at least. But if we even dare win ONE more game, it'll probably drop us like a brick.

Sucks even though if Giants were to win their next 3, they'd still pick ahead of the Jets. Sigh...

5 isn't that far off, but not that likely. 

I don't care about finishing ahead of the Giants. I care about a team like the Colts or Niners, who already have QBs, finishing at 2 and then trading that pick to us since they already have Jimmy G and Luck  (assuming we don't sign Cousins or even trade for Luck)

27 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

5 isn't that far off, but not that likely. 

I don't care about finishing ahead of the Giants. I care about a team like the Colts or Niners, who already have QBs, finishing at 2 and then trading that pick to us since they already have Jimmy G and Luck  (assuming we don't sign Cousins or even trade for Luck)

Good point. If Giants decide to go with Webb though, that could seal it.

4 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

5 - Texans: Jax, Pitt, Indy   (win 1)

6- Chicago: Lions, Browns, Vikings (win 1)

7-Bucs: Falcons, Panthers, Saints (lose out)

8-Denver: Redskins, KC (win 1)

9-Bengals: Vikings, Lions, Ravens (lose out)

The way I see it playing out.

On 12/15/2017 at 8:46 AM, MDL_JET said:

I predict we lose out and end up at 6 overall 

At this point it doesn’t matter where we end up.  Darnold and Rosen are out of reach.  Mac doesn’t draft short QBs, So Mayfield was never an option.  

Losing out will have us picking 9th because Chicago beats Cleveland.  We will be choosing between Arden Key and Denzel Ward after we resign McCown for “one more run.”

8 hours ago, Pcola said:

At this point it doesn’t matter where we end up.  Darnold and Rosen are out of reach.  Mac doesn’t draft short QBs, So Mayfield was never an option.  

Losing out will have us picking 9th because Chicago beats Cleveland.  We will be choosing between Arden Key and Denzel Ward after we resign McCown for “one more run.”

Buy your Denzel ward jet jersey

Just now, King P said:

The Niners beating the Titans is good and bad.

It's bad because it basically takes the 49ers out of the #2 spot completely.

But it's good because it helps the Bills playoff chances, thus making it even harder for them to trade up

The Colts will probably end up picking 3rd and they don't need a QB so that pick will be available for us to trade up for. With Darnold and Rosen sure to go 1-2 we have to be bold and move up to 3 for Mayfield. Really I don't care what we have to give up just get it done.

1 minute ago, King P said:

The Niners beating the Titans is good and bad.

It's bad because it basically takes the 49ers out of the #2 spot completely.

But it's good because it helps the Bills playoff chances, thus making it even harder for them to trade up

A Giants win would have been so great today. What teams do you think will be trying to trade up for a QB and what could they give up?

Bills

Broncos

Cardinals

Washington

IMO the Bills are the only team that could out bid us and like you said that win helps us by hurting their draft value.

3 minutes ago, Pennington said:

The Colts will probably end up picking 3rd and they don't need a QB so that pick will be available for us to trade up for. With Darnold and Rosen sure to go 1-2 we have to be bold and move up to 3 for Mayfield. Really I don't care what we have to give up just get it done.

Everything I've read and seen has Allen as the better prospect..  so if someone trades up to 3 for Allen maybe they trade up to 4 for Mayfield.

I took a quick look at the teams schedules ahead of us and it doesn't look good.

1 minute ago, Pac said:

Everything I've read and seen has Allen as the better prospect..  so if someone trades up to 3 for Allen maybe they trade up to 4 for Mayfield.

I took a quick look at the teams schedules ahead of us and it doesn't look good.

Allen is not the better prospect and I think Mayfield ends up going 3rd when all is said and done. With so many teams needing a QB we have to do what it takes to move up to 3.

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

I could absolutely see

Darnold - Browns

Rosen - Giants

Allen - Bills in a trade up

Mayfield - Jets in a trade up with the Browns 2nd pick and we won't have to give up a 1st next year IMO because I don't think Elway would trade up for Mayfield but would take him if he is avaiable at their pick. I think we out bid the Cardinals in a trade up.

Archived