Keeping up with the Tank.

Patriot Killa

11 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i think two keys to the draft are 1) do the jets pick ahead of or behind denver, and 2) does denver lure cousins away from washington.  

I think Eli and Cousins are the ultimate wildcards...Denver certainly seems like a candidate for one of those guys...thats a veteran team whos clock is running IMO i do not think they want to bring in another rookie. if anything you may want to bring in Eli to help see if you can get something out of Lynch in 2 years.

If i had to guess, i would say that the browns and the giants are the only teams that will be looking QB, but with that being said the Giants OL is so so so bad...getting a rookie QB with no cap space to improve the OL is probably a dumb move anyways.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

No tie breakers are solely based on SOS...The ESPN list I posted is a projection about what's going to happen next week...

It's mostly meaningless but an interesting thing to look at - picking 6 is a HUGE win - especially wtih 2 - 2's...we should be in the best position to move up to 3...more than any other team.

If it plays out like this - Mayfield is our guy!

Considering the impact players Mac has added at 6 thus far, I’m excited at the prospect of being there too.

19 minutes ago, peebag said:

Among other reasons.

Agreed there are other reasons.  I think these football lifers genuinely are trying for what's best for the team, not their jobs.  Take care of the team and they're keeping their jobs.  Can't see a 1st round QB just to shut fans up if they don't like the player.

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Is head-to-head a tie-breakers?  If so, we've already lost to Tampa and Denver.  Not sure how the Texans tie-breaker would work but I would much happier if we got the 4th pick.

There is no head to head in draft tie breakers. Based on strength of schedule.

4 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

No 49ers still ahead due to sos. We gotta root like hell for Tampa to win next week

Actually 49ers are 124-114 Jets are 125-114 If Steelers beat Texans and Eagles beat Raiders on Monday we are tied with 49ers SOS at 125-115 going into the last week

19 hours ago, peebag said:

Don't be so sure - Mac and Bowles jobs are on the line next year - it's easier to sell the fan base on another 5-11 if you have a Young FQB learning than it is another Josh McCowny type qb.

No they will get extensions at least 5 year extensions

Tankathon now has us tied with the 9ers based upon SOS.  .521each. 

Ties of SOS are broken as follows:

1) division tie breakers if teams are in the same division;

2) conference if in same conference; or

3) coin flip at the combine if 1 or 2 don’t apply

So, if the season ended today we would have to flip a coin between us and the 9ers for the 7th pick  

Archived