Keeping up with the Tank.

Patriot Killa

19 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Well if you actually read what I quote you on half the time, I have said over and over the Giants are NOT a lock for 2. Colts can clinch it and trade down to us giving us our QB. If we hold a pick like 6-8 rather than 10-12 that is major. It generates likely more interest from Indy and a cheaper cost..what don’t you get about this?

Oh I see now, wellGiants are trash, not banking on them moving out of 2

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

There is no scenario where we get 5 you understand this?

Lol, so 6? Or 7? Do you not understand that picking in those spots is better than 10?

You were the genius saying that there was no difference between 6-10 when anyone with NFL IQ above 5 knows there is a difference 

3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Lol, so 6? Or 7? Do you not understand that picking in those spots is better than 10?

You were the genius saying that there was no difference between 6-10 when anyone with NFL IQ above 5 knows there is a difference 

You are all sniffling over one spot or two spots like crumbs on a table 

22 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Hint:  For the Jets, it's not #1 or #2.

Going to be alot of very unhappy people here come draft day I think.  Alot.

I disagree.  Maybe these people will be upset at first.  But then I'll remind them about our 3 straight epic wins over Miami, Cleveland and Jacksonville and their frowns will turn into beaming smiles!

30 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I'd all be guarantee the Jets do not trade up in this draft.  Honestly, I have no doubt in my mind we're not trading up.

Don't be so sure - Mac and Bowles jobs are on the line next year - it's easier to sell the fan base on another 5-11 if you have a Young FQB learning than it is another Josh McCowny type qb.

3 minutes ago, peebag said:

Don't be so sure - Mac and Bowles jobs are on the line next year - it's easier to sell the fan base on another 5-11 if you have a Young FQB learning than it is another Josh McCowny type qb.

So if we trade up it's only to protect the jobs of two people, only one who is responsible for the draft results? 

Lol, ok

12 minutes ago, peebag said:

Have no fear my old friend, when draft day comes, and we pick at our own slot, and draft at best the 3rd/4tf "rated" QB, or at worst, a "Pass Rush D End", I'll be here to comfort you.

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

How did they clinch two yet? They still have one more game left.

Dude do you watch the giants? They make the jets look decent. You honestly think they are gonna beat the redskins next week??Cmon man acceptance is key in the grieving process 

1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

Dude do you watch the giants? They make the jets look decent. You honestly think they are gonna beat the redskins next week??Cmon man acceptance is key in the grieving process 

I do watch the Giants. They are inconsistent. But when they come to play they almost beat the Eagles and didn’t they take down the Steelers? These division games are always close and played hard. Bucs came to play against the Falcons and Panthers even though they are 4-10. You sound salty as hell.

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

I do watch the Giants. They are inconsistent. But when they come to play they almost beat the Eagles and didn’t they take down the Steelers? These division games are always close and played hard. Bucs came to play against the Falcons and Panthers even though they are 4-10. You sound salty as hell.

What was the end result of that bucs game again? Yea if we are Gona play the we came close game the jets are pretty good too but it comes down to wins and losses 

1 hour ago, peebag said:

Drafting a 1st round QB (especially if they trade up to get one) all but assures they get at least another season after next year.  Hopefully they see that too.

Being number 6 starts to really change things...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2018/story/_/id/21864897/projected-2018-nfl-draft-order-top-32-picks-week-16-2017

new draft order after this week so far...

1. Cleveland Browns (0-15)

2. New York Giants (2-13)

3. Indianapolis Colts (3-12)

4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-11)

5. Cleveland Browns (via Houston Texans, 4-10)

6. New York Jets (5-10)

7. Denver Broncos (5-10)

8. San Francisco 49ers (5-10)

9. Chicago Bears (5-10)

10. Cincinnati Bengals (6-9)

There are 3 teams that can't catch us: Cleveland, NY Giants and Indy

There are 2 teams with 4 wins (Bucs and Texans) so they can both potentially catch us at 5-11 (which is what I'm assuming our final record will be).

There are also 3 other teams with 5 wins (Broncos, Bears and 49ers). 

So best case I think we are looking at picking 4th overall (if we win all the tie-breakers) and worst case 9th overall (if we lose all the tie-breakers).

image.png

image.png

8 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2018/story/_/id/21864897/projected-2018-nfl-draft-order-top-32-picks-week-16-2017

6. New York Jets (5-10)

7. Denver Broncos (5-10)

9. Chicago Bears (5-10)

Is head-to-head a tie-breakers?  If so, we've already lost to Tampa and Denver.  Not sure how the Texans tie-breaker would work but I would much happier if we got the 4th pick.

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Is head-to-head a tie-breakers?  If so, we've already lost to Tampa and Denver.  Not sure how the Texans tie-breaker would work but I would much happier if we got the 4th pick.

Nope, H2H is not a tie breaker. It goes by strength of schedule

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

No tie breakers are solely based on SOS...The ESPN list I posted is a projection about what's going to happen next week...

It's mostly meaningless but an interesting thing to look at - picking 6 is a HUGE win - especially wtih 2 - 2's...we should be in the best position to move up to 3...more than any other team.

If it plays out like this - Mayfield is our guy!

19 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

6. New York Jets (5-10)

7. Denver Broncos (5-10)

9. Chicago Bears (5-10)

i guess they are projecting the broncos to win next week? otherwise their SOS is like 40 points lower then ours. i dont know much about SOS but i assume it cant shift that much in 1 week? it would also mean we jump the 49ers who also have a lower SOS.

21 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

i guess they are projecting the broncos to win next week? otherwise their SOS is like 40 points lower then ours. i dont know much about SOS but i assume it cant shift that much in 1 week? it would also mean we jump the 49ers who also have a lower SOS.

Denver beat us H2H, doesn't that effect position?

33 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

No tie breakers are solely based on SOS...The ESPN list I posted is a projection about what's going to happen next week...

It's mostly meaningless but an interesting thing to look at - picking 6 is a HUGE win - especially wtih 2 - 2's...we should be in the best position to move up to 3...more than any other team.

If it plays out like this - Mayfield is our guy!

i think two keys to the draft are 1) do the jets pick ahead of or behind denver, and 2) does denver lure cousins away from washington.  

Archived